Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Glad the circulation is good...but "something" going on?
Curiouser and Curiouser...
Hope you'll keep us posted Zinnia!
Hope it cools off for you...weatherise and otherwise!:)
 
Last edited:
Hey, my sweet friend...what a lovely way to spend the holiday. It sounds like you're enjoying yourself.
What great news from your doctor! I'm happy to read it. I'm guessing whatever is going on isn't serious if he said no treatment is needed. You'll have to update us after your Friday appt.
Safe travels back home from Williamsburg. It's wonderful to see the way you're participating in life.
Big hugs!
@zinnia
 
@zinnia I’m so sorry for your loss. Those fur babies have a way of weaving their way into our hearts so when they leave us, it really is difficult. I always think it is like loosing one of our best friends!

I do want to say that I sincerely admire your attitude and persistence. You’ve been through so much and yet you remain positive with an optimistic outlook. I think we can all learn from you. Thank you for being here! I wish you well with your upcoming dr visits. :roseshwr:
 
Just wanted to tell you how much your ill-gotten experiences have made you such an informative resource and serve as a sense of hope for members who have similar complications!
Thank you for contributing to the forum!
Hope you are doing well!
It's been tremendously hot here in SE Georgia...but hey, it is summer.
Hot last year...will be hot next year.
I like it...unless I'm unloading large trucks of food.:sigh:
Hope your day is sweet!:SUNsmile:
 
Hey....I miss you, sweet lady.
I hope you're enjoying the Summer, doing well and improving week by week.
Sending some love and a big hug :loveshwr: :friends:
A great week to you!
@zinnia
 
Well, @Mojo333, the circulation in these old legs isn't so good. I am labeled so many things medically now added is venous deficiency. "no medication needed" says doc except some lasik (sp) and potassium and 35-45 compression sox and they need a prescription? I passed those up and settled on some 20-30 stockings from Amazon which are a blooming battle to put on. Poor husband is building more biceps, and he doesn't need them, putting these things on. Last night I woke up with this tremendous pain in my left foot because of these things; I adjusted the one sox and hoped that would work. But, NO! So I go into several unattractive contortions getting the blessed thing off finally. The pain is gone now; the arthritis gets cranky with the pressure especially in this foot that has gone somewhat misshapened with that nasty stuff.

It is dreadfully hot here too. Early morning or evening is garden time. I am restriction free so the weeding has begun. However, there is some poison ivy somewhere because I have a case of it on my right ear and a little on the edge of my face, port side. The ear is very bad, oozing now so my hair gets involved. And I am particularly allergic to the stuff. More fun and games.

Stay cool, Sweet One; drink lots of our Southern iced tea. My New England man makes the best iced tea; much better than mine. He makes it with Irish tea. Go figure. Take care. . .don't want to lose you unloading those trucks. Have a lovely day. :yes: :SUNsmile:
 
Good morning, Sunshine, how is your day going so far Miss @Layla? I am around. I check in often but don't post much because I am doing well with the hip. My doc has declared me good to go until March, which would be a year since the last surgery. So I'm on my own unless I encounter a problem. It is all coming slowly, but it is coming. I am walking more and better using your heel/toe exercise. I only walk here at the house inside and out. Sometimes I will walk about in a friend's house. . .I look like a duck. Not the most attractive sight.

We had expected to spend the rest of summer until November with no trips but something has reared a very ugly head in my step son's divorce so his dad is going to New Zealand again and I am going with him as support if the whole thing goes south. Not a fun trip except another visit with the grand daughter who is as precious as they come. We have medical insurance on me so I can back out with a doctor's note if it appears I won't be able to make the trip. I'm certainly not looking forward to it but in my heart I know if it goes wrong and I'm not there to support them both I couldn't forgive myself. We don't expect that it will but some divorces can be so bloody painful and in the end destructive for no good reason. So that's the news on the travel front.

Other health issues plague me (see above) but they are minor in comparison to the last 2 1/2 years. But it does get tiresome sometimes.

Hope your day is full of the good stuff. That none of your charges find themselves in a tough situation. That all is well with you and yours. Happy sunshine. :yes: :SUNsmile:
 
:wave:super duper hot here, but I'm happy to be out and about.
Yep, I'm all about the sweet iced tea! My former Yankee DH has gotten fairly adept at making it...though it is a little strong.
Can't get him to understand the difference between boil and STEEP!
Someone was kind enough to donate 150 watermelons Friday...big old heavy ones mind you. I was so tired but I took leave to sister's for fishing and floating.
I love her pond so much...and doesn't cost anything to play .
Look how gorgeous yesterday!
[Bonesmart.org] hip replacement gone bad<

Poor thing with those stockings:oyvey:
And it being so hot!
Hope your day is sweet...have you had an ice cold watermelon yet?
I have a few:heehee:
 
Thank you, @GrannyC for your kind words. Our Lulu was, or course, a special girl. She is sorely missed. It remains hard for me to let her go.

I see you had your right hip replaced in 2017. How are you doing? I always want to hear other stories. What is yours? I continue to improve but it is slow. It helps me to hear about the success of others. I think we are all inspirations to each other no matter what our story. That's why BoneSmart is such an important forum even beyond the information and encouragement. We've all been there one way or the other.

Have a glorious day. :hi:
 
Sorry you have to deal with the dreaded stockings, @zinnia but on the positive side, it could be a lot worse so we sometimes need to be thankful for yucky things I guess and think positive which you always seem to manage to do. I admire your strength and positivity!!

I think it is hot everywhere. Those watermelons Mojo mentioned sound pretty good about now and so does the iced tea. Enjoy your gardening time and stay cool!
 
Hi, dear Zinnia,
So nice to hear from you. Thanks for the update. I'm glad your hip is doing well. I'm sorry for the turmoil in your extended family. Hopefully it all works out for the best. If you travel to New Zealand maybe you can take in some sights at the very least.

I'll bet those compression socks get old but if it helps with the venous insufficiency it's worth it. The poison ivy sounds nasty, hopefully it clears for you soon.

I hope the rest of your Summer is all you want it to be. Enjoy!
Big Hugs!
@zinnia
 
Thanks @GrannyC for commiseration but I actually like the compression sox. They are hard as anything to get on; my husband wrestles with it as I still can't quite get down to my toes, and I pull them. Getting that heel on the heel is a real nasty one. The prescription was for 35/45; yikes, I don't think we could manage those. Agreed that this is better than something worse. I'm not going to complain.

Have a lovely weekend coming up. Hope you find a watermelon to enjoy. I am slowly getting these weeds pulled. Hopefully there will be a winter garden in here. Cheers.
 
Well, I seem to have hit a bit of a growth spurt. . .much more energy now as I get ready to go into the 5th month post op. This is also the longest run I've had without pain or an additional problem. And I have been given the okay to do whatever doesn't hurt. If I overdo, rest. If it hurts, stop it. Those are my only instructions. I am loving the freedom. The walking is coming very slowly but it is coming. In other words, I can actually fix a whole dinner without falling on my face. Now I just get tired. I can ride my 3 wheeler bike around our whole neighborhood and/or do the NuStep for 15 - 20 minutes a clip.

Turns out the venous insufficiency is also a result of the replacement gone bad 2+ years ago in '15. My left leg atrophied and the muscles could not support the veins which take the blood back out of the legs or sort of kind of.
And so it pools and then the tissues swell. So I need to walk a great deal, ride my bike, etc. And wear the dreaded stockings which aren't that bad. They actually feel good which I guess is proof that I need them. And my crooked foot could also possibly be a result of the same phenomenon. As the swelling goes down I am able to finesse the foot into a forward movement somewhat.

So how goes it with Everyone? :flwrysmile:
 
I'm glad you're starting to feel more like yourself. I would think that just having those restrictions lifted could lift your spirits. Seeing some improvement in the door when the swelling goes down sounds like a very positive sign. If anyone is going to tackle this and beat it, it's you! I always think of you when I hear "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" (which is often since I go hear classic rock bands!).

Hugs to you - have a great weekend!:friends::flwrysmile:
 
What a wonderful update, dear Zinnia.
Slowly but surely you're making your comeback. I love it!
More energy, no additional problems, withstanding the prep of an entire dinner, bike rides around the neighborhood. You sound wonderfully normal!

We have a little reprieve from the heat up here currently. Only 72 degrees at 11:15AM and it will only hit about 78F with low humidity. It will feel wonderful! Thinking a grilled chicken for dinner on the deck tonight.
Sounds like a plan. I hope you have a lovely weekend!
Love and hugs to you :loveshwr: :friends:
@zinnia
 
Well my time in the garden is timed in between the heavy rain storms today. Been having rain and more rain for over a week now and more to come next week. We are having a big celebration party for some friends before we go to New Zealand and want to get the deck painted but it may not get done. It's to be a cook out in 2 weeks so this rain has got to get under control.

We are also cooking more on the grill this year Miss @Layla. We roasted a grand pork loin the other day; perfectly charred but juicy. We've been eating on that sucker for about a week now. I made Cubano sandwiches last night and there is still a meal left. We are getting local corn and peaches now and I love it plus all sorts of wonderful fresh veggies. I love summer.

Always something though. Nothing awful, just annoying really. . .fluid in my inner right ear driving me crazy for about 6 weeks. On Prednisone now and hope it clears before the forever plane rides to the other side of the earth.

I love that song anyway but I think I complain too much to earn it actually. And I'd just as soon not get any more best shots as they seem to be having off spring @SaraK. Can't it just stop here!

How are you anyway. I look for news in the posts but all the folks I know are moving on which is good. Those were the good old days, huh.

Love you guys :roseshwr:
 
Glad to hear you are feeling well.
I'm on a little down skips right now...family issues, klutzy me has got my knee hurting...and super busy at work. Now DH has health concerns to follow up on:umm:
Very hot, with daily downpours and storms.
This too will pass, and life will keep happening!
All in all...sometimes it DOES take effort to not miss the good things even when adversity strikes.
You are one of my inspirations when it comes to this :roseshwr:
 
Zinnia you are wonderful, a real inspiration to us all, gardening os so therapeutic and New Zealand sounds wonderful shall be watching out for updates! Take great care and not too much frollicking! Hugsxx
 
:hi: Just dropping by to say Hi and I Miss You!
Hope you continue to enjoy the Summer.
Can't say I'm a fan of this extreme heat but I'll take it over slippery pavement and mountains of snow.
Hoping all things are good in your life right now.
Sending love and hugs. :loveshwr::friends:
@zinnia
 
Hello :wave:Miss @Layla. Yep, I miss you and :yay:@Mojo333 but know your list of peeps grows daily so us oldies have to get on with it.

It has been hot and very rainy here so things are very green. The patio and the porch look fine for our party Sunday but we are scheduled for thunderstorms. We shall see. Our porch will take everyone in and there is nothing much to cook on the grill so Gerry can take care of it in the kitchen. And then there's the house which connects, of course, to the porch. We are having pulled pork bbq, hot dogs with all the trimmings, baked beans, cole slaw and corn. Ice cream cones for dessert. Artichoke dip and pop corn for appetizers. I am roasting the pork shoulder myself tonight, pulling it and bbq-ing tomorrow. Everything else is already made except the cole slaw. These Northerners don't know how to put slaw on their bbq sandwiches so they are going to get a lesson. I can't persuade Gerry to do it yet. I put it on hot dogs too.

I have started riding my bike 15 -20 minutes 2 or 3 times a week and following a class on line of chair and standing exercises which progress. I am poor on the strength of the right thigh still so I am trying to walk daily more. And the balance is not as good as I'd like. But Gerry and friends say they can see improvement in my face. . .? There is not pain, maybe that is what they see or don't see. Nothing to complain about. I think I will be walking on my own one day sooner than later. As I progress I seem to get better faster. Does that make sense?

I check in others from time to time. Have had a few requests from newbies when they come across my thread. And we chat about their situation but nothing has lasted and I don't seem them on BS after a while.

We leave for New Zealand Wednesday. Not looking forward to this trip. But we have to go before a judge or an advocate for Gerry's grand daughter about her dad bringing her to the States for a visit. So it's an important trip. She's 6 and I haven't seen her since she was 2. She won't remember.

Say Hi to Mojo for me. Love you both. Have a happy, if not cool, remainder of the summer. The snow will come back. We are waiting for a hurricane and dreading it. Sept. and Oct. are the best months and they are yet to come.

Love and hugs your way too. :roseshwr: :flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom