Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

@zinnia All I can say is... I'm right with you! It's been a year for me... 4 surgeries 3 hip replacements. I had a spacer and was in a wheel chair for 3 months. My femur was fractured with the firt surgery. The second hip became infected. Keep the faith.
 
I hope your trip to NZ (especially the appearance before the magistrate/advocate) go well! Enjoy yourself (and the cooler weather).

Your BBQ sounds lovely! I've never tried the slaw on the sandwich and will need to rectify that shortcoming!

Have you tried any chair yoga? It might help with flexibility and balance.

Take care of yourself - I'll always be glad to hear from you!:loveshwr:
 
Hi, dearest one. You sound well. Warms my heart.

Your BBQ party sounds fun and it looks like you're covered should the weather get ugly.
I've never tried Cole Slaw on a sandwich, I'll have to give it a try one of these days.

I'ts wonderful that you're seeing progress, even if it feels slow to you. And I love that you're hopeful you'll be walking unaided in the near future. It does make sense that as you feel more at ease with movement, you will engage at a faster pace. You'll get there. I'm happy you no longer seem to be stressing about it.

I know you're not looking forward to your trip to New Zealnd due to the nature of the visit but I hope you can find the time to see some sights or have a nice dinner somewhere. It would be nice if you and hubby could create a few memories aside from a Court appearance.

I agree about September and October. So very beautiful in the Fall. I'm excited since it's right around the corner. Can't wait!

Please stay safe in your travels and let us know how you fared upon your return.
Sending big love and hugs your way!
@zinnia
 
@zinnia I think you are just wonderful, each time i read about you i think, gosh i hope i can be like that, and you really do lead a very busy life. I know its not a very happy visit going to New Zealand but think of the joy when she can come and visit, it will be so special. All these surgeries cause such chaos to our bodies and we try so hard to get better as quickly as we can, and you are making such progress, try to relax and benefit from the change of scenery and look forward to coming home! Big hugs and have a safe journey will look forward to hearing about it, I always remember the agapanthus when visiting my son there, they bordered the beaches like wild flowers!xxx
 
So happy you're face shows an absence of pain:) :-) (:
My step sister is leaving NZ next week to come to see her mom and the rest of the Georgia crew.
Going to get you some cooler weather and some good old geographical cure.
Have a blast and never think for one minute I'm too busy to check in on one of my favorite Bonesmarties!:loveshwr:
 
You are all so wonderful. . .you make me cry, a happy cry. So glad to hear from @Fractured. I know you've had such a hard go of it. When I read about you and @Mireille I am more than ever in the spirit of faith. You guys are inspirations.

I am, in fact, following an on line exercise program that does include some chair yoga @SaraK; and we stand as well. It is an all round program touching pretty much all the bases of stretching, balance, abs, heart rate, etc. We move into hand weights in the next lesson; it is a progressive system.

I did not see the agapanthus along the beaches last time I was in NZ but we were on the South Island @clodaghcov. We are on a bay near Christ Church but I don't think we have what I would call a beach there. I'll have to check that out. When we traveled we were along the coast of the Tasman Sea and it was absolutely the wildest place I've ever seen. Beautifully wild.

My lovely two @Layla and @Mojo333, always with me here and in my heart. I will always be grateful to Everyone for all the support I have had here but it is to you both that I am so utterly moved by your con going compassion and sincere caring. Thank you so much. No doubt I'll have time to send some news from NZ. How in the world did you get a step sister from NZ, Mojo333?

I am off to make that cole slaw I was telling everyone to try. I am amazed that no one knew to do that. . .but not on every sandwich, pulled pork bbq and hot dogs. Maybe in the place of lettuce. . .I don't know, BCSTs. That's a mouth full. :egypdance:

Happy Weekend All. :happydance::yes!:
 
:loveshwr:Lots of love and big hugs to you today!
Have a great party tomorrow!
@zinnia
 
She hauled herself off for a hiking excursion after college (and they called me the black sheep) fell in love with the country and then a Kiwi...
Love love to you.
Have a wonderfully wild trip!
 
@zinnia You are incredible. You were so instrumental in getting me to a point where I could accept the fact of my revision and that there was a chance I actually might be better afterwards. Thank you so much for that! When you are flying off to NZ, I hope you are able to reflect on how many lives on this forum (at the least I am sure) you have affected in such a good way, and that these thoughts balance out any difficulties with family issues when you are there. I hope the poison ivy is subsiding and that you are able to deal with the compression socks for your circulation issues.

BTW, I love coleslaw but it has to be absolutely fresh. I use purple cabbage, homemade mayonnaise, rice wine vinegar, fresh ground black pepper and caraway seeds--probably quite different from what you make, but it has always gotten rave reviews. I like carrots but generally not in coleslaw. And I love to put it on BBQ pork and hot dogs too. My family goes back to VA to before the Revolutionary War, so my father always told me we are honorary Southerners! I guess our family's love of Lady Baltimore cake might be indicative of that too!

In any event I hope your trip is uneventful and that you are able to enjoy the sights, flora and fauna in NZ! Stay well, we will all be thinking of you!
 
@zinnia So happy you are doing much better. Thank you always for your kind and supportive words. It's great to have this wonderful group of people who agree always here supporting each other.

Enjoy your BBQ, sounds delicious! I hope you have a wonderful trip to NZ and that everything works out. I continúe to keep you in my prayers!
 
Hope the party is a smash!
:happydance: :cheers: :egypdance: :beer: :happyfeet: :martini:
Sorry, there are no food emoji's. But I know you catch my drift.

Love, hugs and best wishes for a great day and a fun time had by all!
@zinnia
 
Yum...I make/made a coleslaw that was a fusion with a Waldorf salad...just a basic coleslaw and added diced crisp apple and walnuts. You are making my mouth water.
 
Yummy @Gidget
Here's another -
Coleslaw, Cauliflower, Onion, Bacon, Shredded Cheese, Mayo - Always a hit....even with men!

I hope all went well on Sunday and that the weather cooperated @zinnia
Hoping your energy level was good and your hip held out well.
How many were you able to convert to piling some Cole Slaw on their bbq sandwich?
Wishing you a great week!
 
Here we are in New Zealand. Finally got a day to rest up; been following a 6 year old girl on her weekend activities since we got here. . .ice skating, lots of playgrounds (the flying fox being the favorite fun thing to do). She is Tudy Mae, Gerry's grand daughter and I haven't seen her since she was 2. She has warmed up to Gerry beautifully and is sort of warming to me; there are moments. But she is shy and it will take time. We only have her until Friday and today is Monday here.

Tomorrow we drive up into the mountains and the hot springs there. It will be colder; 43 here. I have my bathing suit but if I do anything it will be to stay in the hottest spring I can find. It was August when we left!

The party went off better than planned. It rained enough to keep us on the porch which accommodates up to 12 and then that's it. Two of us went into the hot tub until a storm came on us. Thanks to all for the cole slaw recipes. @Layla, how do you get the cauliflower in there? Hard to shred! Sounds wonderful. How do you serve it? I'd like this with ribs.

Very inventive @Gidget. I am going to try that one too. A little lighter than Layla's, maybe go with bbq chicken? How do you serve it?

@Fractured and @Mireille glad to hear the smiles in your messages. All goes well then? Always need prayers, Mireille, and I thank you for that.

So your step-sister (hope I remember correctly) and I have crossed somewhere along this path to the end of the earth @Mojo333. We are on the South Island. But I hear Auckland is a real blast of a city. Haven't been beyond Wellington.

Have a glorious week, All. I will message again when I return to the real world on the 29th. We gain a day then I think. . .maybe 2! :loveshwr:
 
Greetings to you in New Zealand!
Forty Three degrees.....Brrrr! It was Summer when you left and lucky for you it still will be when you get back home. Stay Warm!

I'm happy to hear your hubby's granddaughter is warming to both of you. I hope you're enjoying your time there more than you anticipated. Hopefully the flight was uneventful and you were comfortable with your hip and all.

Wonderful to hear your party was a success. I'm glad the rain didn't ruin it for you.
The Cole Slaw, I just chop the Cauliflower to the size I want (smallish) it adds a healthy crunch. I don't have an exact recipe, I just wing it. Cole Slaw (bagged pre-shredded) because I like the carrots it has for color. Crumbled Bacon, Chopped Onion (I use purple for color), Chopped Cauliflower, Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded) is what the recipe calls for but I've used other types of Cheese. I prefer Mayo over Salad Dressing also, less sweet. Personal preference I guess. We've made it with ribs several times. As I said, men love it, has to be the bacon, lol.

Have fun, stay safe and fill us in when you get back home.
Lots of love and big hugs to you!
@zinnia
 
:wave:I'm glad you are getting some change of scenery (don't like winter or cold though so I don't feel SO envious, as I've always wanted to visit NZ)
My stepsister arrived in the states a few days ago but she is visiting some folks on the West coast before she comes this way.
She lives in the boonies, she says...over an hour from a town. But close I think to Taupo wherever that is!
Yes strange you could leave on say a Monday and get back home on Monday.

Was a long flight and trip I'm sure.
Hot springs do sound yummy.
Just take care of yourself, dear Zinnia!
And have some Fun!
 
Hope you are having a wonderful trip.
Love to hear what you've been seeing...doing...!
When you get back, you can fill us in.
It's all getting rather stagnant with my life right now so I want to vicariously experience some diversity!
 
I miss you, dear Zinnia.
I hope you're holding up well with all the activity you've been involved in.
Not sure if you're still in New Zealand, or resting on your chaise lounge at home in your
Marabou slippers while hubby is peeling you a grape :heehee:

Only kidding you, I know you're not that type, lol.

Let us know how you're doing when the whirlwind stops.
Sending love and hugs :loveshwr: :friends:
@zinnia
 
@ Zinnia, I miss you, always such a wise lady with lovely remarks but also scrummy recipes. Travel safely enjoy everything,hugsxxx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom