Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Take me with you, Zinnia. I went to go on the sailboat!
I'll swab the deck, and put on sunscreen, or whatever!!
I've been sitting at the hospital since 8 am waiting for them to come out and give news about heart ablation procedure performed on my father today.

I need some salty air!
All the best...no falling, and have a great holiday.
 
You are doing great! Progress is wonderful no matter the pace. I'm happy to hear you're moving forward .
You have an action packed next few weeks. All of your sailing activities sound fun, I'm sure you and hubby will have a great time boating and cruising. You'll have to tell us all about it once you're settled in back home.
Stay safe in all your travels and don't put yourself in the dreaded ODIC :heehee:
Love, hugs and best wishes for a wonderful holiday weekend!
@zinnia
 
@Mojo333 It is now Saturday and we are docked at the River Dunes Marina just off one of N.C.'s Sounds; thee are a few. The weather is beautiful. Lovely sail yesterday; a bit of wind so we motor sailed in and cut off an hour from the trip. . .5 hours instead of 6 or 7. We leave for home tomorrow because if a shoot off of the storm now off the Gulf.
But I am sorry I did not pick up sooner the news of your father's ablation. I am anxious to hear your news. I am hoping he did well; my husband did and has had no further attacks. I am praying your dad has had the same results. Please let me know how he is doing. Hugs while thinking of you.
 
Dad has had two electrocardioversions and this will be his third ablation...hoping it sticks.
Nothing more cathartic than salty air...it's absolutely my favorite thing in this whole world.
Breathe some in for me, dear Zinnia!:ok:
 
Last edited:
Zinnia, I want to be you when (if?) I grow up. You've found love and someone you enjoy going out with. I wish I could do some of that sailing! Silly me, we just arrived at the Gulf this evening (south of Tallahassee out on a small point). Should be an interesting next few days!
 
Dearest @Mojo333, I am hoping the same for your dad. Give him a hug and good wishes for me. Being an elder person requires a great deal of courage. He helped raise you so I know he is a fine man. :roseshwr:

So @SaraK, you are close to one of my favorite places on this earth, New Orleans; the place where I was raised. The panhandle is also one of my favorites. Used to go there annually to meet college friends for a week's reunion.
The salty air trip (although we are already close to salty air; it was saltier) was a bit hard on me; getting into and off the boat not to mention going down the ladder to get below. And a lot of walking. I got my exercise in and then some.
We are home now and it is pouring outside. I am wondering how you are fairing with the storm coming in or gone at this point, I guess. Haven't checked. What took you to Tallahassee? :loveshwr:
 
Alberto is expected to make landfall this afternoon or evening and then will slowly move up into the Midwest. I'm hoping we can return to the rental house tomorrow but it depends on how much rain it produces. I've seen that there is a band of dry air that has coiled around its core that may keep it from getting much worse. I told Mojo that I think she's getting more rain from this now than we are in Tallahassee even though we're closer to the storm! Sounds like you may be as well

We chose our vacation spot in large part because my youngest son is considering Florida State which is located in Tallahassee. He is planning to be an Actuary and it is one of the top 10 actuary schools in the nation. Added bonus is that he would get instate tuition since his dad lives in Florida. Makes it very affordable. Biggest issue is whether he wants to go to a school this far away or this large. We're meeting the head of the program for lunch on Wed - just that he offered to meet with us during his summer break tells me that Dan will be able to find a small niche within a large school if he chooses FSU (I think there less than 200 in the program at any point in time).
 
Hi @zinnia :hi:
How's one of my most special peeps doing? Thinking of you this morning and sometimes
just assume all is well if you're quiet. But I know you still have your struggles. I'm wondering how your weekend was and how you're doing these days? We finally got rid of the tropical temps and humidity we were stuck in over the weekend. It was lovely! Went to the garden center yesterday, finally, and bought some flowers for the front door and deck. Ready made....I got lazy, lol! But I do have some window planter boxes left to address so I will get to play in the dirt. That may be on the agenda for today.
Sending love and hugs, dear one. I hope your week is special! :friends: :loveshwr:
 
You're on my mind this morning.
Hope all is well and you're just living life and enjoying the Summer.
I miss you!
@zinnia
 
Me too...what Layla said.:wave:
 
Me three! I was just thinking about my favorite butterfly the other day and wondering how she's doing. Flit in and say hello!
 
Thinking of you today. Sure hope you're okay.
Missing you too. Was communicating with @chalcedonian1 about you, looking for some insight
on a question she has brought you to mind. Hope you can weigh in.
Would love to know how you're doing and how your Summer is going....
Sending love and hugs :loveshwr: :friends:
@zinnia
 
Happy Summer to All. We have been on a cruise to Alaska. I thought I had mentioned it before we left but no troubles. We are back with bad news from our Lulu's (our precious doggins) vet. She is very, very ill with what looks like liver disease or pancreatis. We were called when we were in Seattle coming home. Tomorrow it will be decided whether we will have to put her down. It breaks my heart to even consider this; she has been with me since my first husband died and has seen me through all these surgeries. To this day, when I am in the bedroom for even the shortest time, she lays and waits at the foot of my bed for me to leave and go into the rest of the house. She's a feisty girl, which is what I love about her but a sweetheart at her core. I have been pretty sad about losing her, @Layla. Staying up with her tonight, @Mojo333. If I sleep it will be in here with her.

So, anyway, we have been gone for about 10 days. I am doing about as well as I can. I am still trying to walk unassisted and doing better at home but not out and about. I am going to start going to the gym so I can use the Nu-Step this week. It is the one machine that is gentle enough but works well for me and I still need strengthening in the thigh of my operated hip. No pain there but the arthritis gives me fits, crooked foot, crooked knee and left knee is gone. Surgery needed there. Oh well, one does what one must do. I hope to get the official okay to work in the garden next week, Layla. Would love to see what you did with flowers. Mine are going wild. Saw a beautiful garden in Victoria, BC on the cruise. . .roses and Japanese garden with it's greenery and bridges. . .loved it.

Hello, @SaraK. Not much flitting around today. Pretty tired and sad. Much excitement, your being in my part of the world. Good school your son is thinking about. Good luck to him. Hope all goes famously for him. How does such a young man know about Actuary? Alberto did nothing here. I think he was blown out when he reached us. We are about 30 to 45 minutes away from the coast and we do get some nasty storms. . .even with no names. One is approaching us as I type. Here it is! Pouring, heavy thunder and a fair amount of lightening. Our lights have gone out twice tonight.

I will check on @chalcedonian1, Layla. And thank you all for checking in on me. I have missed checking in but we had no wifi on the ship and our excursions didn't allow for it on shore. Happy to be back. :roseshwr:Love you All.
 
@zinnia It is good to read that you are back, and doing ok generally. So sorry about your pup, we had a similar issue a few weeks ago with our 11 year old dear Aussie, and unfortunately we had to make the decision over a period of days; it hasn't been a good couple of years in some respects, and this was the topper. It is never easy of course, but comes hand in paw with loving these delightful companions. I hope this resolves in a way that you know you are doing the right thing no matter what you decide. Jon Katz, a wonderful author who writes delightful and often poignant tales of pets, farm animals, and life in general, believes that animals come into our lives when we need them, and get ready to leave when their work with us is done. That was certainly the case with our Maggie, and although I have been very sad, I also am so grateful for the blessing of having her share our lives. I hope you find some peace in all of this. Life, right?

I did send you a PM a few days ago, not sure if it went through. I am off to bed now, but will reconnect tomorrow. We have all missed your beautiful writing and the wonderful ways you have of expressing yourself. Welcome back!
 
So glad you had a good trip..just hate that you had to come back to such news. So sorry for Lulu.
My little Mojo will be fifteen this year and I think about what it will be like when he is no longer here..he is literally my shadow.
(Which was extremely unhelpful at times during recovery:heehee:, but he was truly concerned for his mom)

So sorry, Zinnia.:console2:
 
So sorry to hear about Lulu. Our fur babies give us so much love and comfort but break our hearts when it's time for them to go.
 
I'm so happy to hear from you Zinnia. Was a bit worried and hoped you were just enjoying Summer and you were. I forgot when you were going on the cruise. Its nice to hear you had a great time.

I'm so sorry about your sweet, Lulu girl. It's heartbreaking news, wish I could give you a hug. It sounds like Lulu was hopelessly devoted to you and to consider parting ways has to be heart-wrenching. Please know you're in my thoughts as you make a decision either way.

I'm happy to hear you're doing well, aside from your knee. I hope it holds out for a while longer. I'ts good to know you're safe and sound. Will be thinking of you....
Sending love and hugs.
@zinnia
 
We took Lulu to her vet at 9am and his assessment was that she may have had liver cancer or pancreatitis. Whatever, it was so advanced and she had not responded to supportive therapy over the weekend. . .her blood work continued to get worse. . .that it was the humane thing to give her the gift of an easier way. So we thanked our beautiful girl and said goodbye and she is gone. God speed Lulu into the Universe from which she came.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom