Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Aww, I'm so sorry, sweet Zinnia.
This is so heartbreaking. Those fur babies worm their way into our hearts and it's so hard to say goodbye.
I hope you soon find comfort in all of the memories you have of her.
Big hugs to you.
@zinnia :console2:
 
So Sad, Zinnia...I'm thinking of you and know that you will miss her terribly.
Hugs
 
Oh bless you Zinnia, what a wonderful life you must have given Lulu eventually all those memories will be of happy occasions and a joy filled time, she has no more pain, she is at peace, big hugsxxx
 
@zinnia Sending heartfelt hugs to you, we know what it feels like, and how hard it is to do what must be done for our little furry friends. And they are so stoic, and it often happens so fast. So very very sorry.
 
So sorry for your loss. It’s utterly heartbreaking when we have to say goodbye to a much loved fur baby
 
Thinking of you today. I hope you're doing okay.
Sending a warm hug from waaay up north.
Wishing you comfort and peace.
@zinnia
 
Thanks @Fractured and pal (love your picture). We miss her; I see her every where in the house and in her favorite spots in her yard. Lovely to have had her.

How are you? I haven't read any of your thread lately since we were in Alaska, in fact. Got to get busy! Hope all is going in the right direction. I'll make a point of finding out.

Have a Happy 4th. :cheers:
 
I miss her a lot @Jackie222, she was my girl for 13 good years though; she was a wild one but she was happy. She loved my husband to distraction. They were buddies; I was the master of the den. it was pretty hysterical some times. Thanks for the sweet words. I appreciate them. Hope all is going well for you. :flwrysmile:
 
It's pretty hot down here, @Layla. Stay up there where it is cool. 'Course I love the summer. Can't ever get enough of it. Thanks for asking, Sweet One; I'm okay. I have some new health issues that I surprisingly ran into on Bon Smart. Has to do with swelling legs and the pooling of blood in the lower extremities. I had a doppler ultra sound Friday at my doctor's request because of healing problems especially in my left leg and, of course, swelling in both. I had to weak a Unna boot in Alaska which did help, however. I get the report and what to do about it this coming Friday. I am prepared for the worst. Perhaps peripheral arterial disease. I don't know what other stuff it could be. I do know that the blood is not being pumped out of my legs in a timely manner. Oh well. It will be handled.

As long as you've asked. . .HA! I also have a new pain in I think it is my left hip but high up. I'm basically beginning to fall apart. The good news is we have no where to go except to Williamsburg for the 4th and I am beginning, finally, to actual do some unassisted walking out and about the yard as well as in the house. Not very gracefully but it feels like with practice I can get somewhere. I just want to live long enough to do it. . .HA! Don't let me scare you. I'm doing fine and doing better every day.

Love your posts. How did you get so sweet? :roseshwr:
 
Hi, sweet Zinnia, it's so nice to see your name in the line-up!
I look forward to updates from you! Yesterday we hit 100F here. Today is a bit better at only 80F currently.
I'ts wonderful you're enjoying the Summer. Blue skies, sunshine, flowers and nature. All so beautiful.

I'm very sorry you're dealing with the healing problems in your leg and have the swelling / vein issues. I hope the report on Friday brings positive news and plan of action. I hate the thought of you worrying or suffering, you've experienced enough over the past few years. I wish it would stop. I will continue to keep you in prayer.

I'm so happy you're doing a bit of unassisted walking. Baby steps...it's a start! :yahoo:

We can be twins. My left hip is making me aware it's there sometimes too! I suppose it's a matter of time. I went for my one yr checkup two days ago and all went well. I asked about Lefty and the OS said I still have some good treads and mileage. My hip begs to differ on occasion. What can we do about this aging biz...nothing but try to do it gracefully....right? My hubs always says "Everyday I wake up breathing (?) is a good day"? I always laugh at that crazy comment :heehee:

I hope you have a lovely Sunday and a safe and enjoyable trip to Williamsburg for the 4th.
Love ya lots! :roseshwr:
 
Well darned @zinnia, if it isn’t one thing it’s another. So sorry on your loss of Lulu. Pets do become part of our family.

Glad you are getting circulation checked out. Very happy to hear you are doing some unassisted walking-you have worked hard to get there. Enjoy Williamsburg.
 
@zinnia I'm treading water TX! Picc line is out. Hopefully my 3rd hip in mid July!! Hope all is well with you! Happy 4th!!!
 
:wave:Keeping it together while falling apart..
:)
Sounds like a good song lyric.

There's a life maturity that does come, I think, that tells us we will miss the good stuff letting the worries live rent free in our minds.
You are one who won't let that happen. Gotta live anyways, right.

I also adore summer. Hot hot, but okay. Love the green of everything..love the birds...love the sunrises and sunsets.
All is alive!:SUNsmile:
 
And there's my other Sweet Girl. . .Hi @Mojo333. You made me laugh! Love that post. . .I think that is a country song and you could make a killing on that one. I don't intend to give in to the inevitable. I don't intend to go quietly into that good night. And I think that's in a poem some where. I agree with @Layla's husband, every morning I open my eyes is a good day to be alive.

I actually feel better today. Surely I have been missing my girl and that got in the way of good humor. I have started to go back to the gym for short periods on the Nu-Step and hope to get a good report on the hip Monday for my latest review so I can go into the pool and our hot tub. The more I practice walking the better and more steady I am getting so that is encouraging. These things seem to come in spurts with me. And then things die back for awhile. I guess my body is regrouping. Right now my problem left knee is not acting up as much as usual. I think it likes the walking. Will be using my walking sticks in Wmsburg. I did that in Alaska too and was able to walk farther and longer than on the cane. They also help with my gait better than the cane so I am using them more. Someone pointed out to me yesterday that there was no snow. ha ha I don't like the smart aleck remarks.

Stay cooler up there. . .that's not supposed to happen is it? :SUNsmile:
 
Nope. Going to have float today.
Too hot to be productive.. just drift and watch the cotton and peanuts grow...
 
Happy 4th @Fractured. Glad to hear that pic line is out; not as happy as you are to have it out though. Treading water isn't so bad when things progress a bit. So you're going to go for it again. I wish you well with that. You made it! Keep your head down and those feet going as fast as you can. You've done a good job.
 
Happy 4th to you...sweet Zinnia.
Hope things are also progressing with you!:ok:
 
Happy 4th to all. I sat in the relative cool of a shady tree today on the green of old Williamsburg and had a great time watching and participating in an auction of goods from various shops. I did manage a throw for my chair at home in garnet red of one of the Colonial star patterns. Very pretty and very warm. Not needed now. It was only 89 degrees today, 93 yesterday and I also died. Tomorrow is our last day and it may rain. . .if it does I will be thankful to just stand out in it and feel the goodness of it.

Well, @MammaT, the doc called me in the car coming here Monday with the news that I had normal circulation in both legs but a bit of something going on in a portion of the left. I see him Friday and I'll get the full scoop. No treatment needed. Which is a bit weird since they do swell up. :spin:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom