Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Sitting on my rice/tube sock heated pad @SaraK and it works beautifully. Also works around the neck.
Back home and glad of it. Five degrees warmer inland and it is appreciated; do miss the sound of the ocean though and sitting in the hanging basket swings by the sea.
Came back to find the butterfly weed doing quite well @Bubblebee; the collards and the kale gone to seed. Only 3 raised 4 x 8 beds left plus the greenhouse and very little planted so far. It is killing me!
Your wild border garden sounds absolutely lovely; would love to see it @Jackie222. I just discovered last night that we can grow peonies here and I am heading for a website to buy some bulbs soon.
I remain happy if not always relaxed @Mojo333; I hanker for my garden, a steadier back and a lot more stamina. It's already been a full day today for me. . .dermatologist this am, errands, then off to my painting group for half of the pm. It is now 4:30 here and I am exhausted. My husband just left for his workout and then a meeting. Our friend who is putting up a privacy fence along the long end of our deck is out there sawing away. I just want to put my feet up and watch my favorite show, MidSomer Murders. So here I go.
Lovely days to All. :flwrysmile:
 
I hope you are happily exhausted.
Wishing you peaceful evening :loveshwr:
 
Sounds like a full day! I'm glad the rice sock is working for you. My pre-op pain was in the groin area and that's hard to get to with a heating pad. The rice sock was so helpful to me because it would mold to the site. I also think the weight was comforting as well, but can't say why. One of the things I really liked was traveling with it. I could heat it and take it with me in the car and reheat it at most convenience stores.

I think you'll love the peonies. I'm not much of a gardener (ok, not a gardener at all), but love the peonies the former owner of my house planted in the back yard - still pretty every year more than 20 years after they were planted. My yard guys just mow the plants down each fall after the first hard frost.

Enjoy your show!
 
I am glad to hear you are finding relief with the heated rice sock. And, you are quite busy!

I love that you are going to plant peonies. I am a big fan of them. The pink ones were my mom's favorite so that was the first one I planted. Last year I added a red and a white with a touch of pink. But, nothing bloomed. I don't think they appreciated the exceptionally mild winter. This year my husband told me to step out on the deck and this is what I saw.



[Bonesmart.org] hip replacement gone bad<
[Bonesmart.org] hip replacement gone bad<
 
Aaah! Love Peonies they're my fave!
I so love them that I have a vase of faux white in my master bath. They make me happy year round.
Thanks for the pretty photos @Gypsy

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your beach vacay @zinnia it sounded lovely.
I agree though, there's no place like home.
Hope you have a great rest of the week....both you and Gypsy.
 
Stunning! Just gorgeous @Gypsy. Wow! I am blown absolutely away. If I could grow those guys I'd be in gardener's heaven. Lucky, lucky you. Thank you so much for sharing.

There's always something I wish I had done when I get home from a trip @Layla. I never spent the time I had hoped I would in the hanging swings and I never went out there on the balcony over the ocean to drink coffee in the am. Trouble is I get up early, husband does not and I am afraid to venture too far on my own. Or at least that is my meager excuse. Wanted to say I seem to have broken through this latest plateau as I am walking better unassisted than ever. Still lack enough stamina to keep it up for long. And my left duck foot, left knee and the right knee which wants to cave in to the left are always additional problems. So no wonder I can't walk right. I am told that the right knee caving is due to weakened thigh muscles. And I am doing exercises for the duck foot which has occurred over these last 2 years so I assume it is a product of this list of surgeries.

My pre-surgery pain was the groin as well, @SaraK and I wish I'd had this dandy item back then too. I plan to take this handy sock with me wherever I go. My husband used it on his back last night too but he's too macho to admit he's like to have one.

Still happily exhausted @Mojo222.
 
Still happily exhausted @Mojo222.

Hey! You demoted me! Next thing you know, I'll be Mojo111.:loll:

I'm so hopeful that your energy will keep improving but you know how this healing business sucks it out of us.
I have HUGE food drive coming in this weekend. In US, on Saturday, most places participate in National Letter Carriers Food Drive where postmen will pick up donated for from mailbox and deliver to food banks. We should get over 10,000 items and I have to orchestrate 50 plus volunteers for 10 hour day!
Pray for me...
 
I know! How did that happen; what was I thinking? Not thinking? Maybe it's premonition. Maybe I know something I don't even know I know and you've been promoted not demoted! Just maybe! But you're at the top of your game. You can't go any higher! You are already there! Frankly, it was a test. I just wanted to see if you'd even notice my mistake. I did that on purpose just to see if you are as attentive as you seem. And you passed; good for you @Mojo333 (see, I know who you are.). You're Mojo, my party girl. My goddess in a shining robe. I know YOU!

But you would make a great Mojo007. That just sort of slides off the tongue. See what a nurturer you are; all over the place making sure people are okay in the world. I wish you well for a change and pray you will get the job done even though I know you will. And you'll be ready for the party. Go do your thing Mojo. I guess the 333 means something to you or it wouldn't be there so I am sorry for misplacing. It's back; I'm back. But thanks to @Bumblebee, you have a new identity as 007! I think that's cool and 007 always get the job done so get in there and get it all organized. I'll be thinking of you. :happydance:
 
I have the worst typos on the forum I believe as most of my BSing is done via smart phone with worsening eyesight.

You know I had to rag you about that...
I like that glorified yet unqualified persona I must have somehow achieved...party girl!
Thank you,makes me smile.
I'm up one hour past my 830 curfew...usually dozing in recliner after running myself to death all day...
Sending much love and admiration for your sparkle and humor and all around good natured spirit.
Hope you had a great day:friends:
 
:hi: @zinnia
It's great to hear you're walking better unassisted. Baby steps and you'll get there.
I hope you and hubs have a wonderful weekend!
Love and hugs to you. :loveshwr: :friends:
 
I don't mean "party girl" in a dancing those late hours away fashion @Mojo333. I mean it to reflect your spirit. . .on a motorcycle, on some sort of farm equipment, in those shorts showing off those new hips sort of ready for anything kind of girl. Party girls can run themselves to death before their 8:30 curfew because every thing they are doing is a sort of party. Life is a kind of party in that way; always something new and amazing around that corner if you are willing to go there. You go there. But, of course, everyone on BS has chosen to go there anyway so what am I talking about anyway. You and @Layla and just about any one I have contact here are just amazing each in their own way even though you've all turned that corner and encountered the experience in each your own way. I just think that's pretty amazing.

Did have a great weekend. Long drive to get to the celebration for my daughter in law. But the next day was beautiful as was Sunday with all my chicks around. . .every grandchild plus partner or spouse with only one missing. We make quite the crowd. A lovely time.

Baby steps it is sweet Layla. The weekend was hard; all day moving, walking or riding somewhere else to be on time for a another event. But all beautiful. Today I am resting but want to get some more zinnias in the ground before it rains.

Love and hugs right back to my 2 favorite gals. :loveshwr::loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 
How's my dear friend, Zinnia doing so far this week? I hope you're well.
We're in for a hot one here today. Upper 80's. It was 87F yesterday.
Way too hot, too soon for my liking. I want a little Spring, not jumping from Winter to Summer.
Thankfully this heat wave will be short lived.

I hope you're rested up after all the flurry of last weekend. Just noticed those gorgeous peonies
Gypsey posted on your thread a few entries up. So beautiful! Puts me in the mood to go walk around the garden center and do some planting myself. It's time!
I hope your day is lovely and your weekend all you want it to be! Love and hugs coming at you :loveshwr: :friends:
 
Poor Layla...she thinks 87 is hot, Zin?:wink:
But then, I think 50F is freezing so I'm guessing she knows I'm a wimp with cold!
We have been getting much needed rain but it was in mid 90's last weekend.
Already have the lovely gnats here in Georgia and I'm ready for the hot hot summer!
Hope you are having a good week.
 
I am pleased to report that it is summer her in Eastern Carolina and I am loving it. The last few days it has been at the 89/90 degree point. That's where I like it too @Mojo333. Below 60 and I'm in a heavy sweater and a nice warm shawl in the house. The air is on; my husband is constantly worried about mildew and he is correct; it is a monster here. So, therefore, the air comes on when it goes over 85 outside. But I'm in a long sleeved shirt.

It is raining here today; we need it. Husband cleared out the area next to the greenhouse and I have decided to start a rose garden there with a few hydrangeas behind them if there is room and/or some peonies. I''m certain about the roses and I think I know where the peony will go. The hydrangeas are questionable. Might do another trellis there and back the roses with a climbing Jasmine. We've already planted a PeeWee hydrangea at the front. The rain will get that one started, I hope. I've heeled in a dark red violet, so dramatic, hollyhock I want to put next to my climbing Dublin rose and a few red astilbes to go in the shade next to the white iris.

I am working on getting my stamina back @Layla. It was a lovely weekend but the 5/6 hour drive took a toll even though we did stop every 2 hours and I had gobs of pillows under my legs, etc. They swelled pretty badly; I looked like an elephant in both legs. Usually it's just the left one that swells. Better today but I have been putting them up every time I sit down and icing; coming down very slowly. Even so, the week goes well. Lunch with friends yesterday. Still walking with the cane outside but some on my own inside. The hip is still not as strong as it must be to walk without a limp.

I bought the neatest item for my poor flat feet. They have a pad that goes on your arch and the rest wraps around your foot and fastens with velcro. Others I've tried had an elastic band that was always too loose on my skinny feet. These stay on and feel good; very supportive.

Going to check up on Fractured. I noticed yesterday that he had not checked in yet. Worried about him.

Love you two and Bone Smart in general. Cheers! :wave::loveshwr:
 
Hi there @zinnia
I'm really worried about Fractured too! Going by his habits, I'm concerned he hasn't given us a thumbs up yet. Especially because his Recovery thread is already up and running. Hopefully we hear from him soon.

Aaah....Peonies are my favorite, next hydrangeas! What a beautiful garden that will be.

I'm sorry your still recovering a bit from last weekend. Thankfully you enjoyed it! It would be way worse if the time spent wasn't worthwhile. I hope this weekend is wonderful for you as well!

Love and hugs coming your way, dear one:roseshwr::friends:
 
I bought the neatest item for my poor flat feet. They have a pad that goes on your arch and the rest wraps around your foot and fastens with velcro. Others I've tried had an elastic band that was always too loose on my skinny feet. These stay on and feel good; very supportive.

Those sound delicious!
I, on the other hand, have the highest arches in the world and since I got these new hips..my instep on one side aches.

Glad you are tired from doing those as opposed to our earthly recovery times when we were wiped out from doing nothing.
Hugs and thanks for checking on our other members, @zinnia
 
:hi:What's up, buttercup?
Hope you are still getting along okay and watching spring wake up the beauty around us.
 
Yeah, what she said...
Where are you? Tip toeing through the tulips, buttercups, zinnias?
Hope you're doing well and enjoying some beautiful weather outdoors.
Sending love and hugs! :loveshwr::friends:
@zinnia
 
I'm still around; nothing spectacular to report. I am slowly adding more steps to independent walking. . .mostly around the house and outside a bit. Sometimes even a bit at other sites. It's progress but it's slow. I hit plateaus often and wait them out. I am still on restrictions so gardening is limited. I have planted some actually zinnias and a few other things but to be honest we are really busy this spring.
We are leaving on our sailboat tomorrow for an all day sail to another town on the river which has a very nice marina and a big Memorial Day celebration. We will be there with friends. Coming back Sunday because Monday looks dreadful for rain and storms.
Back from that we have 3 days and we catch the ferry for an island off our coast that has an annual music and story telling festival every year. . .wonderful music. We go every year. Sister in law is flying in to go with us.
About 10 days following that trip we fly out to Seattle for our Alaskan cruise. So we are really busy almost to late June.
I guess you could say I am tip toeing through somebody's tulips @Layla and sniffing the Buttercups @Mojo333. Lordy how I love you two! Hope you both have a smashing holiday in memory of our fallen. We don't do much remembering, do we. . .my husband is retired Coast Guard medic-vac helicopter pilot so I do a great deal of remembering. I didn't know him then but I've heard the stories and they are horrendous.
At any rate have a peaceful weekend. May your days be joyous and full of promise. :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom