Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

All the cane-less walking everyone is doing is an inspiration to me to keep hanging in there but it is slow going. And then I get this nagging ache in the groin and begin to wonder if I've maybe over stepped the 90 degree. :bolt: This recovery thing is a real trial at this point. I have been so lucky having no pain after both these last 2 surgeries so that when something goes on it reminds me of the good old days when there was so much of it and I get scared. . .waiting for the 5th shoe to drop! :scare:

So glad most every one is doing so well. Gives me tremendous hope to read your stories. For those in distress, I certainly understand your emotional as well as physical pains but do hang on; there is light at the end of your various tunnels. It's true; good things will happen. I'm sorry to say it may take time :tiredwheel: but your rewards are there with patience and endurance and courage. It takes so much strength though doesn't it. But it's there; just reach down and you'll find it. I understand, too, the despair, the disappointment, the anger. :censored: . .the "why me?". Only human to be afraid. Bone Smart is here for you. :hi: They have been here for me from the beginning; they will always be there for us. Don't despair, don't be disappointed or angry. :dubious: It robs you of the strength you need to recover. I know that only too well. And never give up. . .never. :cheers: (You realize I am talking to myself!)
 
:goodpost: @zinnia

Love your humor.
Love your wisdom.
Love you! :loveshwr:

So I see someone was out planting. You're so lucky, we aren't there yet. I usually never plant anything until the end of May, just to be safe. I think they say around May 15th in this zone but sometimes we'll have a frost and you'll have to pull pots into the garage, or cover them with sheets. Just too much drama for me. So if I wait until Memorial weekend, I'm usually good. I like your color scheme and love light yellow houses, always think they look so cheery and sunny. Your house matches your sunny, cheerful disposition.
I love and look forward to your updates. :flwrysmile: Safe travels to the beach today.
Hope the weather is perfect and you have a lovely time.
 
Wonderful morning at the beach. I was up to watch the sun rise. Spouse and Lulu dog are still asleepp. I am about to take a bit of a walk to the big swings in the grilling area. But I think I'll make the coffee first to take a cup with me. :SUNsmile:

Chilly in the late day and into the night. We actually turned on the heat. Today has broken warmer with a glorious son. I will be walking on the beach with my walking sticks today and sitting under the umbrella. The anti-biotic I am taking makes me sensitive to the sun so I will stay lathered up with lotion and draped with clothing. I dare any nasty bug to invade me. :tantrum2:

As far as pain goes, my back aches and so does my groin so it's another pill today. I don't know why my back hurts. I think it is leaning over the big pot to plant trying not to break the 90 degrees. That reminds me, a few exercises today to limber up a bit. Oh, and the knee is killing me. But I don't talk about that. :whistle:

I like to color scheme too @Jackie222. I'm not a fan of purple but it looks so good with pale yellow. I thought it was stuffed but there is room for another small plant. I'll look into that when we get home.

Wishing All a happy week. Keep the recoveries going but don't forget to rest as much as you need. :sleeep:
 
Oh Zinnia that sounds lovely. Waking up to watch the sun rise and leisurely walks on the beach.
I'll bet your back aches from potting the other day. Possibly you were bending and stretching muscles that haven't worked in awhile. Hopefully it doesn't put a damper on your vacay. It doesn't sound like it will.
Sorry about the knee. I wish you weren't in pain.
It was nice to hear from you while hubs and Lulu were still asleep.
I hope you have a beautiful day! :friends: :loveshwr:
@zinnia
 
Watching a beautiful sunrise on the beach while everyone else sleeps sounds heavenly (and the only reason to get up before dawn). Enjoy your time at the beach - I hope it has magical restorative powers!
 
My favorite Emerson quotes:

Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.

The happiest man is he who learns from nature the lesson of worship.

Have a beautiful day @zinnia
 
Don't despair, don't be disappointed or angry. :dubious: It robs you of the strength you need to recover. I know that only too well. And never give up. . .never. :cheers: (You realize I am talking to myself!)
I do that too! Be careful in that garden, Zinnia....potting, even small pots, can be just as tough on the groin and back as weed pulling at this stage.....no idea how I know that. :whistle:
 
Today is our 10th anniversary; 12 years of bliss with this man. The days have gotten warmer as the week moves on. Thankfully because I only brought warm weather clothes! Tucked in a light sweater and a hoodie at the last minute. . .smart me. My back is still bothering me quite a bit. Taking a break from beach walking today. The walking sticks my son gave me are working beautifully in the sand, even the loose heavy stuff but it requires quite a bit of effort to get up these dunes so I guess I've aggravated the back again. It's the small of my back. I have never had trouble with the back so this is disappointing.

You are so right @Bumblebee. . .I think the back thing started with bending to plant that big pot; and it is a big standing pot. I'm not to the weed pulling part yet though. Can't get on my knees but I have been sitting in my roller chair to weed with a long hoe. Trouble is I have to them pick them up with my grabber and put them in the bucket. A troublesome and time consuming task. But it's great to be out in the gardens if even for the 1/2 hour. Yesterday I walked for 30 minutes but only went about 1/2 a mile. I pushed a bit hard to get there and thus, the day of rest.

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
I try to practice Emerson's reminder @Mojo222; sometimes I fail. But it is an imperative I think to living a decent and graceful life. My Party Girl is also a philosopher. But I think we all on Bone Smart have been through a life changing experience if we are willing to think deeply enough about it. Thank you for this.

Hope all is well with most and that painful times are short for those in distress. I wish you all a beautiful day. :SUNsmile:
 
Happy anniversary! I had a lot of back issues during pregnancy. Best advice I got was from my OB's NP - fill a tube sock with rice. Microwave for 1-2 minutes. I gives you a portable heating pad that molds to you and also provides lumbar support. Works for other body parts, too, and great for when you don't have anywhere to plug in a heating pad (like sitting on the beach). Mix in some lavender oil for a nice floral scent.
 
:wave: Happy Anniversary! @zinnia
How wonderful you're so in love. "Bliss of a man".... be still my heart!
Sorry your back is bothering you. Hopefully it's not enough to put a damper on your beach vacay.
Wishing you many opportunities to create new memories with your sweetie!
Lots of love and big hugs to you....
:loveshwr: :friends:
 
Hi @zinnia as you know I’ve been fighting a war of attrition with my wild garlic. What I hadn’t realised was that the wild strawberries had been planning takeover bid for the rockery, which they’ve now put into action! I’ve gone for the nuclear option and sprayed them with weed killer. :heehee: Hope you’ve been out on the beach today
 
Last edited:
Happy Happy Anniversary how lovely to hear you happy and full of fun---ooh gardening, pricking out and potting I love it too, but go steady it will all be there tomorrow, no hurry, enjoy the beach sounds wonderful, but watch that beach can be heavy going for our poor old hips! hugs and lovexxx
 
@zinnia I am inspired by your forays into gardening. My yard needs much attention but I am still hesitant to tackle it as I imagine myself toppling into the petunias and not being able to get myself back up! Happy anniversary and have a lovely weekend.
 
Well, @Gypsy, I didn't fall into the petunias but I did do a number on my back planting that big pot at our front entrance. Thank you for the happy anniversary; it has been lovely sunny weather but the nights and the breezes have been chilly. I also have trouble with bathrooms. Only a tub here and I can't yet lift my legs over it safely; that is I feel unsafe trying it. So it have been sponge baths for me. And some toilets are very low and difficult for me since I am still on restrictions. I will welcome my walk in shower and my higher johnnies (does anyone still use that term?) . I am always happy to get back home.

No falling. . .especially in the petunias. I like the blue ones; they smell so good. Take care and have a beautiful weekend. :flwrysmile:
 
That is a very good suggestion with the rice, @SaraK, and as soon as I am home I am going to try it. Taking it over to the Cinco de Mayo party tomorrow afternoon. I just happen to have some lavender oil at home too. Can't wait to try it.
Everyone's words of caution with the planting are heard loud and clear especially since this back thing sprang up. I don't blame you for spraying those dreaded wild garlic and strawberries with the horrid weed killer. What is one to do if one wants a garden. I think in your case, it's a farm? or close to it. Do I remember right? @Jackie 222.

We were on the beach today but the hikes up and down the banks even with the "baskets" of the walking sticks is a task and a half; you are right about that @clodaghcov. Not only do I have old hips but knees and feet and ankles, etc., etc. Everything is wearing out too fast. My neck creaks and groans. Yikes.

Thank you all for the happy anniversaries. This is a special man @Layla. It has been mostly (mostly!) A joy to be with him for 12 years and married for 10. Nothing is perfect in this world, but this certainly has been close.

Thinking of you all and hoping Everyone has a delicious weekend. Hugs galore and, of course, love to All.
 
Probably overdid a tad, but so we all do.
Hope you are relaxing and happy.
Hugs:roseshwr:
 
I grew up on a farm and help my brother but I live in a normal house. Two elderly sisters had it before us and it was SO overgrown. Battled for years to tame it. We left the one border at the side wild. It’s full of poppies, foxgloves, bluebells, violets, wild strawberries, wild garlic, forget-me-nots etc. It’s just that they won’t stay there :loll:
 
-:hi: Happy belated Anniversary Zinnia!
Everyone's words of caution with the planting are heard loud and clear especially since this back thing sprang up.
Oh, Zinnia, only those of us who live to garden understand the pain of holding back when its in our blood to get down and dirty! :heehee: we must be content with low maintenance gardening (what's that? :scratch:) or watching garden videos on YouTube. May the garden angels watch over our gardens while we recover.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom