@zinnia This is awesome news. You deserve it. Now just remember this time your one and only job is to heal, heal, heal. I am glad you are not worrying about (in the scheme of things) little issues about gait and what not, I know you will get there in time if you aren't there already. This is such an exercise in patience, isn't it? (I know how impatient I will be after surgery in July, but it is soooooo easy to give this advice, right?) Just delighted for you, you have such a grace and wisdom about you, it is about time all your ministrations to others are rewarded. P.S. Do you have a low-ish car, my surgeon told me that I should be very careful in the first few months about bending down into a 4 door coupe, it is better to drive an SUV type car where you step up. My husband and I will switch cars probably, because I do not want to do anything to jeopardize the revision. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Nice to hear from you @chalcedonian; you've had and continue to have such difficult issues yourself. It is generous of you to take the time to cheer me on. I appreciate it very much. Actually I do have a low car and we also have a small van. I find my little red run about less of a challenge to get into and arrange. It has enough space for the driver and I sit on another cushion that lifts me enough so that I don't break the restrictions. The van works also for me but is more difficult to get into. . .lifting myself up, etc. Luckily it has a bit of a running board I can use my other foot on to help. It's too high for me to sit on the seat and lift. But you should try both when the time comes and see how it works for you. And for goodness sake be careful. I do so wish the best for you.
Update: incision is without a dressing and looking amazing. The rest of the staples come out tomorrow am and then lunch with friends. I am driving pretty easily without incident. Still on restrictions but no troubles with the seating arrangement. I can't make more than 20 or 30 minutes out and about by myself. I need husband with me at the grocery. We are trading meal tasks; I do one or the main part of one and he does the rest. Tonight he is doing it all. But one errand accomplished and I am beat. Have hit a plateau with the walking. I can take a few steps while cooking or even walk from one room to the other but that is it so far and I look like a drunken robot at best. I can walk sideways very well and then I look like a crab, a drunken crab.
@zinnia You have been through so much with this hip. Who cares what you look like when you move around? The fact that you are finally progressing is so impressive - well done! Driving and the lot! Just keep at it - the stamina will come with a bit of time.
Hi @zinnia
I'm so happy to read the news about your incision. Yahoo
Sounds like you and hubby have a game plan and are working it all out.
It's wonderful that he's so supportive. So very helpful!
Slow and steady, it's all falling into place. Keep it up, you're doing great.
Best Wishes for a good week
Thank you again and again @Jaycey and @Layla, my stalwart companions who need to give me a good kick once in awhile to keep me on the straight and narrow. I am trying; it is all so less fearsome now that I have the new surgeon; hardy enough pain to take pills for which icing helps the few I do get. They, of course, come around to remind me I've overdone AGAIN and to sit down in your chair and let your husband bring you an ice pack, for goodness sake or two. Hope everyone's week is full of spring and sunshine.
Another stalwart companion; thanks to @Mojo333, I have a bevy of beautify souls in my corner to keep me on my toes. . .literally. Yes, it is good to have these friends when the chips are down to see us through the dark days and applaud when the sunshines.
Just came back from the OS office, Mojo, and got the rest of the staples out. . .man, that smarts! It was definitely time. Back on antibiotics; they are taking no chances. Back in 2 months, that makes the quarter and if all goes well, restrictions will come off the end of June. The incision continues to look, no drainage of any kind. A few small bleeders when the staples came out but otherwise nothing.
Now I concentrate on building stamina. Hope Everyone is doing nicely, if not perfectly, at least on the mend. Cheers for a sunny and peaceful, pain free weekend. Love you guys. . .every one of you precious people.
Hi
The good news continues! It's about time!
The sky is blue, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and we're alive! Yay!
Hubby always says "It's a good day when you wake up breathing".
Kind of stupid but makes me laugh....I catch his drift
So let's celebrate today.....right?
Love and hugs coming at you @zinnia
@zinnia,
You sound to be doing so well, congratulations, be patient I know only too well how hard it is! Driving fantastic you have freedom! Take lots of care, but lots of fun too.xx
No more staples...Yay!
That has GOT to feel better...
Your road to recovery has been long, winding, and bumpy..
But your perseverance and persistence is so inspiring.
I know we've told you this before, but feel it is important to acknowledge it once again.
Nothing is to be gained by succumbing to frustration.
It is certainly understandable that we all get down, but our body NEEDS our mind's support to get there.
So happy things are going forward.
Good morning @Layla. I am trying to get the big planter at our front steps planted today. I can only seem to manage about 20 minutes at a time and there is so much I want to do. OS says restrictions for 2 more months. I'll manage but it's getting very, very old.
We leave for the beach, which is about 45 minutes away from us, for almost a week on Monday. My son gave me a set of walking sticks which have the basket attachment for walking on the beach, in sand, etc. Will not be going in the water obviously. Looking forward to that. If the weather comes in as the weather man says it will it will be a warm and glorious week. Then a Cinco de Mayo party that Saturday.
Love and hugs right back 'cha, dear Girl! Enjoy your weekend.
Yay, slow she goes but fun nonetheless.
Don't wait for perfection before you engage in life seems to be the Unstoppable Zinnias motto.
That's why I love you!
I don't have time to waste @Mojo333. You're my party girl, you know. I love your outlook on life.
Have a wonderful weekend Mojo; I love you too big time. Couldn't do any of this without you and your partner, Layla. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I am thinking of your dad today.
You'll get your planter done, Zinnia. Even with breaks every 20-30 mins.
Hopefully the next two months feel like they fly by so restrictions are lifted.
A week long beach vacation sounds wonderful! I hope you have a fabulous time.
Then you can close out the week with a Cinco de Mayo party Yay!
Much love to you and safe travels to the beach and back home! @zinnia
Have a wonderful time at the beach. Lovely to read that you’re getting your planter done. Over the last couple of days I’ve potted up 82 geranium/pelargonium plug plants. Not all for me some will go to the farm.
That's absolutely stunning @Jackie222. All I managed was about 8 separate potted plants in the big planter out front. I used a pale yellow (house is pale yellow) and lavender color combo with lots of texture variety. Got it done @Layla and now for planting some more zinnias in the back on the edge of the vegetable garden. The veggies are non-existent at the moment. The zinnias planted about a week ago are starting to come up and the milkweed I planted in hopes of attracting Monarchs are also doing well thank heaven. Second year I've tried and they took this year. I sort of hate to leave for the beach because our iris are amazing this year. Lots of rain earlier and a late and long spring.
But all this planting has given me some groin pain. So I am about to sit down with some ice before I go out and do the zinnia thing and plant some parsley too. When I come back I'm putting in 5 tomato plants and some lima beans in the green house. I will have some home grown veggies this summer.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.