THR Hip number 2 on board

Status
Not open for further replies.
just above the knee and to the right of it. Theres an obvious fist sized swelling.
How about a photo?

And/or you could tell me the exact site of this pain/swelling using this chart?
Please note the instructions in the smaller image

[Bonesmart.org] Hip number 2 on board


[Bonesmart.org] Hip number 2 on board
 
Sorry to hear about the pheasant incident @Kay9 as you say you really could have done without it at the moment with everything else.I hope you can lie down take your painkillers and rest for a few days.Thinking of you
 
Hi @Kay9, I'm terribly sorry about the pheasant incident, too. It's almost funny, well if it weren't for the pain. And don't worry too much about Christmas shopping. I know, I'm a fine one to speak because I also stress myself out. We are a family of 6 and then there's also our daughters' boyfriends. So - we are always very busy shopping for Christmas presents. And if that's not enough - December is the one month when I have the most to do at work. But this year, I took time off work for a few days to prepare better for Christmas.
Thank you for your very friendly post on my recovery thread. You're so nice. I wish for you that your pain will decrease quickly. You don't deserve all that pain. And have lovely - and relaxing holidays. And all the best for your family, too.
 
I definitely agree with Constanze that you should try not to worry about Christmas too much as people will understand that you just can't do as much as you normally do and there will be plenty of other Christmases when you have fully recovered.The important thing is that you give yourself the time to heal right now.
 
@Josephine the swelling is about RF1-C in the front, the pain is still from the groin to the knee. I actually had about 2 hours this evening where I was almost comfortable, just a slight ache, but its back again as bad as ever now. I truly wish Id never had this done. Its been SO different to the last one.:sad:

Thanks @Kim22 , I wish I could rest too, but Ive got a xmas meal to go out to tomorrow afternoon with extended family, and Sunday Ive got a christening, and I have to be there as Im GodMother. I dont even feel like having to get all dressed up....which again isnt like me, I usually love an excuse to put on some bling, but I really cant be bothered right now, its all such a struggle. Im turning into a right misery :cry:

Hi @Constanze yep now I can kind of see the funny side of the Pheasant fiasco:yes: But at the time I wanted to kill him! Im trying not to stress about christmas too much, but I cant help it, Im so behind! The few prezzies I have got I did try to wrap tonight, but even that was a chore and hurt my hip and knee. Usually my kitchen is full of nice goodies to eat by now, but the cupboards are boring and empty, so I HAVE to get my act together somehow. I will make sure we have a nice christmas day, I wont let this pain spoil it, even if I have to pretend Im all jolly and christmassy:wink: When really I want to cancel christmas and stay in bed with Ice:ice:
 
Also @Josephine , apart from your advice about my knee swelling, could you take a look at my xray and see if you think it looks ok? Because the surgeon I saw last week mentioned something about implant size, when he was pointing to it as in the picture, but I didn't catch what he said properly, or if I even heard him correctly. Does the right hip replacement look ok to you, and is the stem too wide compared to the left one? Thanks Josephine..
[Bonesmart.org] Hip number 2 on board
 
It looks fine to me. Can't see what he's going on about.
 
@Kay9, sending out good thoughts for you, friend. I'm sorry you're experiencing such pain. I hope you do get answers on the 23rd.
Also hope your internet issues get sorted soon. Big Hugs!!
 
Thanks @DeepBreath , I appreciate that.
Ive changed my avatar back again because Im angry with high heeled shoes at the moment :gaah: How very dare they exist when I cant wear them .:no-fin: . I tried to wear some when I went out last night, before I was even out of the door I had to change back into horrible flats, it was so painful to walk. And before that, the pain had seemed to be gradually getting better, the last 2 days have been almost pain free ( typically, when Im off to see my Consultant about pain tomorrow! ) so now Im achy again because of my shoes.:sad: Logging on and seeing my red heels avatar is rubbing salt in the wound, :yes:So Im banishing that avatar. Maybe I will have to find a picture of old, dull flat shoes for now.:cry:


Anyway...the last few days have seemed much easier pain-wise. The swelling in my knee has gone down, and I can bend the knee again. The groin pain is there, but not as sharp, and the horrible achy thigh pain is now just a dull ache when Ive overdone it(like trying to wear the heels). The groin still "feels" kind of full though. Im still walking with a stick . Every time I try to walk without it I limp. Badly . But ive managed to go xmas shopping today, finally, yay, and was out for a good 5 hours, I expected to be paying the price tonight, and I am, but even then its not as bad as Its been in the past. Maybe, just maybe, Im turning a corner? In flat shoes:sad:

Leg length discrepancy. I 100% have it. Quite badly. When I stand tall with my left leg ( the first THR) straight on the floor, my right leg ( 2nd THR) swings there, not touching the floor at all. If I put the right leg down and stand straight on it, the left leg can only be stood on if I bend the knee. Thats not right is it? I wonder if @Josephine you could tell me your thoughts on that, would it be a bit too previous to raise this point with the surgeon tomorrow and ask about surgery to correct it, or is it, in your opinion, too early to be worrying about this and it may even up a bit more as recovery progresses? Its very noticeable and I hate it.

Apparently my Mums bought me a pair of boots For xmas. :box:They are bound to have a heel on them, fingers crossed I carry on improving and can maybe wear them soon. When I can, Red Shoe will be back :chrissy grin::dancing: Loving these xmas smilies..:santa sleigh:
 
Oh, ps...some sad news really, but even though its sad, its going to make my life happier...I feel terrible saying that, but its true. The Mum of the Stalker has passed away. Terrible for her and her family, especially at this time of year, and I feel bad for the Brother because we kind of made friends again, and he's a decent man...but it DOES mean there will be NO reason for Stalker to come to the village, after the funeral etc. his only excuse for being in my village was to visit his Mum...that wont be happening now, obviously, so touch wood, I may not have to see his face again:)
 
@Kay9 What brilliant news that your pain is receding I am so happy for you.High heels are just a bad idea right now but you will get back in them given time.I know I can't wait to wear them again even if it's only for really special evenings out when I know I just have to walk from car to table and back again.I had to wear flats when I was on a cruise just before my op even with pretty dresses and was so jealous of all my mates who had their high heels on even though I had sparkly sandles and a nice black pair with a small heel and ankle straps it wasn't the same.However I knew that I would have suffered more if I had worn them so not worth it.
I found me that having an hour lying down after a lot of activity seems to help.It looks like your problems with the stalker is now at an end which will mean less stress.Please let us know how your appointment goes today.
 
@Kay9, I am over the moon that your pain is improving! That's progress, friend! :) Where the heels are concerned, perhaps, for now, just think of them as sitting quietly in the wings waiting to be part of your wardrobe again when you're all healed. Hey, get it? 'Heal' = 'Heel'. Patience, Hon...I know it's difficult, but take good care of yourself. You're worth it.
I'm sorry that stalker's mother's family is having to deal with her loss. That's very rough, especially now. I am hoping though that this does mean you won't have to endure his unwanted attention. Good thoughts flowing for that and for your continued recovery.
Chin up and :merry christmas:
 
If I put the right leg down and stand straight on it, the left leg can only be stood on if I bend the knee. That's not right is it? Would it be a bit too previous to raise this point with the surgeon tomorrow and ask about surgery to correct it, or is it, in your opinion, too early to be worrying about this
You should raise it with your surgeon but do be prepared for him to say it's too early to be worrying about it. Read this article to learn more Leg length differential - LLD
 
Hi @Kim22 .
Thanks for your post, and your kindness at being happy for me:yes:, Im Definitely feeling its finally easing off. I know exactly how you felt on your cruise re your mates all in heels, I felt the same when I went out the other night:sad:. I also felt very "short" :skep:, people had always thought I was taller because I always wore heels when I went out, so I looked small next to them in their tall heels. I wasnt so worried after a few glasses of red though:snork:.
Yep my stalker problem has hopefully ended...I just wish it had been in less of a sad situation for the family. Its sad that Ive been relieved of a problem because of someones death.:sad: I feel for the Brother especially, hes a nice guy normally, I saw him and we chatted a bit, I told him how sorry I was about his Mum and he told me how sorry he was about the trouble with his Brother, and we had a hug. Haven't seen his brother at all.

@DeepBreath , yes progress indeed my friend:thumb: Good one with the "heel/healed" joke:snork:. Its silly that something as daft as footwear can depress me, but shoes are kind of my trademark:) and its part of my identity in a very sad way:sigh:. Stupid really. Oh well, I still have handbags:eyebrows:. Thanks for always being there with a kind word and encouragement, its always appreciated:flwrysmile:

@Josephine , Boy you are good!! :yes:The Surgeon said EXACTLY that about the leg length problem...its too early to be worrying about it.
He thinks the pain may be a tear in the "something" muscle...Im not sure what muscle that is, just something about a tendon, and that it would affect the groin down to the knee? So thats why he thinks Ive been in pain.. He pressed on a certain area of the groin and was right on where the pain is, he said yes he thought thats where it would be. He cant be sure theres a tear because he said it doesnt show up on xray, but he said he's as sure as he can be. i have to go back in 6 weeks time and if Im still the same I can have it investigated properly. I dont think I will be the same to be honest, its nowhere near as bad as it was. Still need a stick and couldnt do the straight leg raises he wanted me to do or stand on the one leg, but the intense pain is gone, just an ache now.

He said it MAY have happened when I fell, or it may just be that I tried to move forward too fast and over-did it, or even that I drove to early. That the soft tissue is prone to inflammation too, if any of the above happen. So I guess Im none the wiser really, but as Im not hurting so badly, I dont suppose it matters, as long as it carries on improving. He did say its only 8 weeks out of major surgery, which ive heard a lot on BoneSmart, so I guess hes almost as experienced as the BoneSmart wise-ones:heehee:

Anyway people, just incase Im flattened when Im xmas shopping tomorrow :dead: And cant get back on here, :merry christmas::reindeerlights::treestar::santa sleigh::merryx:

And I wish all my BoneSmart friends a happy, healthy, fun-filled 2016. May all your wishes come true, you very lovely people
 
Hi @Kay9
What is it about red shoes, red high heels specifically? I miss yours when your avatar changes. My mother who has dementia has an obsession with "finding my red shoes" thinks I have hidden them! Then a post in another forum re my Lisfranc injury has come up with someone talking about wearing her red shoes when she is recovered.
Are they symbolic of freedom, of independence, of what? Anyway ....
Season Greetings to you and your family
 
Hi @Kay9 - Sorry about the stalker's mum's death. But I'm glad you got your Christmas shopping done. Sorry you're angry with the high heels. But again, you are taking it with such a good sense of humour. I always enjoy your entries on your thread. Actually, I like your face with the pretty smile on your face. I mean you look like 24. I wish you a Happy Christmas and all the best for the New Year. Especially, I wish that you can wear you high heels again, but I think you certainly will. - Constanze
 
@copsham I think its because red high heeled shoes are symbolic of FREEDOM and a bit of risk, are a little bit naughty, a bit vampish and wonderful things might happen to you if you wear red shoes, like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz:snork:
I hope your Mum "finds" her red shoes and they make her smile:)

@Constanze thanks for such lovely words! You are very kind:flwrysmile:. I wish I DID look 24, haha, but if you zoom in you can see the wrinkles:heehee:. Ive got my Mum to thank for passing her genes to me, she is in her 80s and doesnt look a day over 60, she looks incredible.

Well, Ive finished the shopping, was out by 7.15am, and all done and wrapped now, and its Wine O'Clock in the Rossi household so Im going to relax for a while:chrissy grin:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS/CHRISTMAS, Buon Natali :santaclap:( Joyeux Noël , Frohe Weihnachten, Nollaig Shona Dhuit,

Blithe Yule, Nadolig Llawen, Schöni Wiehnachte, Meri Kirihimete and SEASONS GREETINGS):nativity:



:dancing:
 
Hi Kay, I think you probably hurt yourself when you were moving that large painting. It's really dangerous to lift heavy things after having your hip replaced. I know when I lifted a bag of dog food from Costco into my shopping cart, I really felt it the next day. I'm glad your pain is receding.

I'm sure you'll be able to wear high heels in time. I wore a pair for an audition last week. It just takes patience and self restraint. By the way, my favorite pair of tap shoes were red. They were so cheerful! Happy Holidays!
 
Hi @Hip Hip Hooray! I never thought of that, forgot I did it, so you may well be right.

Suddenly seem to be having a major turn around, can walk without limping, no stick, and wore a (smallish) heel last night, forgot to take pain tablets so obviously didnt need them, alls good on planet Rossi:yay:

I wish all my BoneSmart friends an incredible new year, may 2016 be kind to you all, bring you whatever your heart wishes, and heals any of you who are suffering physical and/or emotional pain. Be happy, have fun, laugh, or at the very least, smile:). Everything feels easier when you smile.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIENDS:wave::loveshwr::martini:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom