Guest viewing is limited

THR Hip #2 In situ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had mentioned a couple of times that I thought, maybe...just maybe, because I get so emotionally involved in all my BS friends and worry about them so much, that it was causing me sleepless nights, at times. I tried an experiment a couple of weeks ago and VOILA...it worked. I try not to view (or respond, in particular) any posts after 5 or 6 in the evening, so I don't go to bed worrying so much and so far I have been able to sleep through the night. I know that may sound very selfish of me, but sleep is so important, I was willing to give it a try. So, with that said, I totally understand the "break" you are taking and wish you all the best in your recovery.
 
Hello @Kim22 and @Nana757 reading your recent post, especially Nana now, I realize that my delayed response wasn't just because I was so tired, which I told myself, it was coping with so much emotion too. I think about all my BS friends, @CricketHip @Doodles51 @DeepBreath @Hipster Girl @Medfordart @Legin @Just4mules @Skatie and anyone else I missed. I worry that I miss a thread and don't respond, I think about everyone and want you all to have speedy and successful recoveries. I appreciate it that you checked in on me. My physical recovery is doing great, my emotional recovery is a little behind. This forum has been so helpful and I appreciate everyone more than you know. Thank you and looking forward to checking in on everyone, know that you are all in my thoughts and I'm wishing everyone the very best.
 
Taking good care of yourself throughout this whole process is what's most important. I hope nobody feels badly if they have to step away from whatever they need to in order to concentrate on that.
We're a unique group and we know we have each other's backs. It doesn't take frequent check ins to make that true.

Be well, Hippie Friends. :loveshwr:
 
I agree with zauberflote-- We understand--relax and heal.
Please try not to worry and take each day at a time.
Sending you healing thoughts.. :loveshwr:
 
@Legin I am doing ok thank you Nigel.Slow and steady progress maintained.Getting around with one walking stick and getting outside for very short walks now.I only have 6 more Clexane injections left hallelujah! I am not rushing this recovery at all as I have learned from the mistakes I made last time.I hope you are ok ?
 
Great to hear from you, that's, the best way nice and easy does it. Me I'm OK plodding on or should I say blown along. Looking forward to some time off soon, chortle I must be back in work mode seems like only yesterday I had cabin fever. Happy healing pal

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Very breezy here too.I hope you get some time off work very soon.Cabin fever is something I know very well at the moment.Take care of yourself
 
You are on the right track tho, in a wee blink of an eye you will be dancing around Durham

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I hope you are right but to start with I would be happy just to be able to walk around Durham and this is not easy due to all those cobbles and inclines.
 
@Kim22 good to hear from you! Inclines, cobblestones-- my nightmare!! I remember how elated I felt about 5 months post op when I navigated our mole-hole filled back yard, with its little bumps and potholes-- in the dark and at regular speed and gait!! Take care and time-- I know you will :) and don't get blown away ;)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Glad you are getting out for short walks @Kim22 . That is what I am doing also. We have a lot of hills in our neighborhood so I tend to go shorter distances more often and my muscles get tight if I go too far. I going out right now to enjoy a beautiful autumn day in Michigan. We never know what the weather will be, snow flurries last Saturday to in the 70's the last few days.

Wishing everyone a great day and daily improvements in progress. It's a long road but we will all get there. It's great to know we are all here for each other.
 
@zauberflöte I think I would fancy navigating molehills and pot holes in the dark but you probably knew the lay of the land very well.its an achievement being able to walk with a normal gait and at normal speed and I am looking forward to reaching that milestone.I am taking my time with this recovery and consequently I am not doing half what I did last time.My husband is keeping an eye on me and doing virtually everything around the house.He even accompanies me on my walks to ensure I am not tempted to go too far.At least this time if I end up with psoas tendinitis I will know it it will not be down to me overdoing activities.
@Doodles51 Wow you are having a wide variation in weather with snow one day and the return of summer the next.I noticed it was a lot colder today when I was out on my walk.Just being outside is therapeutic but with winter just around the corner I realise the day will come when we are stuck indoors again.I had my first hip done in spring which is probably a better time.Recovery from this surgery is indeed a long road bur as you say we will get there we just need patience by the bucket load.I hope you have a good day and continue to see improvements.
 
Oh yes the one in my pic is next to me and my oft spoke of thinking rock is on it. Alas I HV to think elsewhere now

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi, @Kim22! So glad to 'see' you and hear that you are progressing steadily. Sending continued good thoughts out for you. :flwrysmile:
 
I spent many a day in Durham, getting waffles and fruit and then going down to the river. It really was my favourite place to spend time. Well quieter times partying took place in Newcastle. Now that is most definitely another story.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom