THR Hip #2 In situ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best update for 2017..! ( so far) I am sure there will be more, but how wonderful to read how well you are doing.

:loveshwr:
 
Thanks @CricketHip how lovely to hear from you again.How are you doing ?
 
Hey @Kim22 doing very well!! Like you, I was marveling at how easily I was able to walk all around New York City over the holidays..Nothing short of a miracle. Are you getting snow right now??
 
@CricketHip We don't have snow and haven't had any this winter so far.In fact today is lovely its bright and mild.Of course it's still early in the season so I'm sure we will get some at some point.I have just seen some photos of deep snow in New England on Facebook which looks very pretty I must say We often we get the same weather as you but a bit later so we shall see.I am so glad that you are enjoying your new hip too and you are so right it is a miracle when I think back to how my life was so restricted before surgery.Do you hear anything from the others in the September school of 2015 @DeepBreath and @Doodles51 Take care
 
Hello @Kim22 and @CricketHip! Happy 2017 to you both :) So glad to hear that you are both thriving with your new hips. I am also enjoying my THR, especially this past Christmas. I am 2 years since my RTHR and it has truly changed my life. That is not an exaggeration! I can say that I am still getting stronger two years down the road, and from what my surgeon says, my muscles, etc. will still continue to heal and settle for months more. To anyone contemplating or preparing for a THR, go for it! You will receive a new life! XOX
 
@Kim22 , re:
Deep Breath.. she is dong very well!! But am not current with Doodles51.
@Bfam85 , hello!! You are so right about it it getting better over time. I did a silly mistake in september, right after my one year anniversary, and slipped on some cleaning solution in the bathroom :bignono: I didn't fall but did a very interesting split, straddle routine and sprained my brand new hip, which set me back, big time. I am just now feeling like I am back to where I was before the accident with the exception of a very temperamental IT Band.
 
@Bfam85 so glad that you are doing well and I agree that this surgery can be truly life changing.Its so good to hear that your surgeon has told you that the muscles continue to heal and settle beyond two years.That was certainly my experience with my right hip.
@CricketHip sorry to hear about the incident involving you slipping on the bathroom floor and spraining your hip.How frustrating for you but so glad to hear that you have recovered now.These type of injuries take time to heal and cause a lot of anxiety.How are you managing your temperamental IT band, does stretching help ?
I am so glad that Deepbeath is doing well.
 
@Kim22, I remember very well discussing how stubborn some of our muscles, tendons, ligaments, etc. were in healing. Mine came from being too overzealous with getting back to working out. How different we all heal and mend.
@CricketHip, I am so sorry to hear that you had a setback, but also very happy to hear you are almost there again. Your IT band will cooperate soon too. My wonderful PT told me that I have a stubborn tendon in my rectus femoris (soccer players get this injury) that will eventually just "give up" (her words) and will accept this new member in my body. It is so very, very much better, but if I stub my toe (not kick a soccer ball!) I will feel that ouch, but it settles quickly. Feel better soon, dear Cricket!
 
@Bfam85 and @Kim22 thank you for your kind words!! The ITB is so annoying! I can go several days with nary a wince and then aI have a day like today where I can't help but limp a bit. I am trying to work on it with my foam roller, and doing very gentle exercises and trying to take note of what aggravates it. January can be a bit lighter, work load wise, and I am hoping a little more rest will help. It's so annoying, it was the forgotten hip until I pulled that bathroom stunt. Bfam, that is interesting about your rectus femoris tendon,, will need to read about that in my books..
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@kimm22 glad your home and got a good sleep. Pamper yourself as much as you can. Wishing you a complete recovery
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom