Guest viewing is limited

THR Hip #2 In situ

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kim22, thank you for the kind words. :) I haven't started back up with PT yet. I'm going to wait until I see what the surgeon has to say on Monday.
My son is doing much better, thank you.
I hope you're doing well and are enjoying your weekend! :)
 
@Bfam85 Gosh thank you so much for the information on reverse walking I will definitely give it a go as you explained it when my muscles are feeling stronger.In the pool I used to walk forwards, backwards and then side to side but I never thought of doing it on dry land.My balance is rubbish anything that challenges me in this area has got to be a good thing.

Thank you @CricketHip I am feeling better for my walks outside.I increase the distance by a very small distance each day but today I walked twice, once in the morning and again in the afternoon It so uplifting to be out in the fresh air.I am still having muscle pain in my leg but it is hardly surprising when you think what happens to those muscles during surgery especially with the posterior approach but I do feel the muscles are getting stronger now.
I am into mindless TV and anything that has me laughing is a big hit too.My guilty pleasure on Saturday is "Strictly Come Dancing " or 'Dancing with the Stars ' as you will know it.I am reading but not half as much as I planned to and I still have a big pile of books unread.
Enjoy your walks either backwards or forwards.
 
Found you @Kim22!!!

So glad that you are enjoying your walks & able to cut down on the codeine.... It plays havoc with your mood & other parts of the anatomy!!!

You are right in taking things slowly this time around.... Your hubby sounds like a gem!!!

Backward walking... Mmmm... Interesting! My friend who has dodgy knees always walks backwards down the stairs.... Less pain, she says. Something to consider.

Glad to hear from you & keep up the good work...., slow & steady is soooo good!

Lots of hugs ..... Chrissie xxxxc


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Hoppy Nanny Hi Chrissie I decided to have a week away from the forum as I felt a bit down in the dumps and wasn't much company for anyone.This was one of the reasons I decided to start reducing the codeine but I am taking my time over this.Part of the reason for feeling so low was I didn't feel that I was making much progress at all but now I am doing 2 short walks a day and increasing the distance slowly I feel I am doing something towards my recovery.I am still in the slow and steady club and only going out with hubby at the moment.I can't wait to be able to get to the village shops again.Only 3 more visits from the grim reaper in the form of nightly injections yeah ! Interesting what you friend said about coming down the stairs backwards to ease her knee pain.The article I read stressed that reverse walking puts less strain on the knee joint.
 
Hi @Kim22! I am catching up on some posts, myself, and decided to check on your progress. I totally understand the "break" from this site. If I remember correctly, with my recover, you are at a point where your recovery may appear to peak. But it's not so...it's just slowed down a smidgen. It will pick back up again and you will start seeing progress again, real soon. Your slow and steady approach has been working for you, so don't be too hard on yourself. It will all work out for you. Only 3 more injections? WOW...I know you are thrilled knowing you are almost done with those. Keep up the great work, sweetie! And keep your chin up...you will get through this!
 
@Kim22
So glad the 'Grim Reaper' visits are nearly a thing of the past!!!

I think you are so right to take the slow steady route ........ In a few months time you will realise how good it was to give yourself time to heal, physically & emotionally.

Two walks a day is great ..... Gradually increasing will help with stamina rather than rushing at it to find out you've overdone it & reap the nasty rewards from that!!!

Keep up the good work Hun.... Like the advert says...."because you're worth it" love Chrissie x




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Hoppy Nanny Thanks Chrissie I was wondering if you did any exercises as well as walking in the early stages of recovery ?
 
@Kim22
The only other exercises I did were the ones on the hospital leaflet....you know side abductions, knee up, da.da! 10 reps of each....when I remembered!! The main exercise was walking to be honest ...two walks a day which I gradually extended.
After 12 weeks I went to hydrotherapy as I still had very bad gait & limp & used one crutch for months and months until it worked itself out! Nothing strenuous at all. Xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Have the injections finished yet... Re feeling down most of uus go thru that stage well done tho on being proactive on combating it.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin only 2 more to go.I will be glad when they are finished as my tummy is quite sore now.Have the thermal socks helped your feet ?
 
A wee bitty tho last night my toes were doing the samba on hot coal.
I remember well the sore tum, mine was bruised black and blue from the injections.


Legin THR Sep 14
 
Mine too ! Sorry to hear your toes were doing the samba on hot coals last night.How do you manage this ?
 
I use breathing and try to imagine the pain is the sea tide comes in pain then tide gradually go out so does pain, well sometimes. When I do the walk I breathe in time to stick hitting the ground. Lucky I'm a simple chap hey.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@zauberflöte I meant to ask you which BBC programmes do you watch on Netflix ?
Oh... Monarch of the Glen(actually Scottish TV not BBC), Upstairs Downstairs, Call the Midwife, Doc Martin, Dr Who both series, The Good Neighbors or whatever it was called, Rosemary and Thyme, another detective one but it became gory so I quit, a legal one that I loved, and had seen all the wonderful half-hour sitcoms on our PBS years ago-- As Time Goes By my absolute fave, Vicar of Dibley, that one with the sisters with flower names (I can sung the theme tune, why can't I remember the name!)Are You Being Served?, Yes Chef but couldn't get into that, the one with the spaceship with a cat on it, there must be more.
Why do you ask :) ?


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Zaubs have you seen yes minister and yes prime minister I still guffaw and much is still linked to politics today

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Kim22, I was coming to ask about the injections as well, but Legin beat me to it. :) I am SO happy for you that you only have two left!
I am glad to see you here again. I selfishly missed you, but so understand the need for a break. Good for you for taking good care of yourself. :)
 
@DeepBreath Thank you what a lovely message.Have you had the appointment with your surgeon yet ?
 
@zauberflöte I was just asking out of curiosity.The BBC make great documentaries including my favourite anything historical.
 
I like history I go to places and imagine people whonhave been there centuries before

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom