THR Hip #2 In situ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.I can't wait to get out of this house and start visiting interesting places again with two good hips.The last place we visited was Bamburgh Castle which was fantastic but the first thing I looked for in each room was somewhere to sit.Same at the Magna Carta Exhibition in Durham in July.I long to visit National Trust Places again.I love all those history programmes on BBC 4 We have just watched a 3 part series about British Servants The true story of life below stairs-fascinating.
 
Sounds good. I was recently at Burnham site of the Scottish play. Its almost a gorge so you can see for miles. Nae witches tho. We HV standing stones here too ooer outlander.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
@Legin Sounds like a great experience for you I hope you enjoyed it.We have a little static caravan in Seahouses and we were up there last year when they were filming Macbeth on the beach at Bamburgh it was brilliant to watch especially Michael Fassbender and there were witches ! I see the film has just been released with mixed reviews but can't wait to see it.Hope you are having a good day.
 
Know the area well. I worked in Haggerston two seasons a student job. Sheeeeeesh that was a time head barman in the Theatre Bar. Silly people fancy putting me in the theatre.......

Legin THR Sep 14
 
In the theatre and in charge of the bar I bet you had some fun
 
@Legin @Kim22
Yes Legin I watched the PM one where the PM was the guy who'd played the pompous twit neighbor in The Good Neighbor.
Kim, really, documentaries when I have foggyfuzz brain from GA and on percocet to boot? Some day when I grow up I'll watch documentaries. The one you mentioned about real life below stairs would fascinate me, and I wish it would be available here. Do you remember what it was called?
You are being such a good and patient hippie, I will need your encouragement when I finally get the other one!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
It was called 'Servants: The True Story of Life Below Stairs ' on BBC 4 presented by Dr Pamela Cox who made a big thing about her great grandmother being a housemaid in a big house.A real life Downtown Abbey but not so jolly in the servants hall as depicted in the drama.It was a repeat so it's quite old so you maybe able to download it from your site.BBC 4 screens lots of historical documentaries in fact there is one starting tonight which may appeal to Nigel because of his Scottish connection called 'The Stuart's in Exile ' I don't remember 'The Good Neighbour '' but I did like ' Yes PM '
 
Oooh, the Servants: The True Story of Life Below Stairs program sounds amazing! Doggone it, I miss the programming we had in Germany. We got a lot of the wonderful English channels and the content was fabulous. I loved the BBC news channels. You have no idea how refreshing it was to just watch the news being reported with no bias. That is completely forgeign to us.
I hope your day is going well, @Kim22. :)
@Legin, I can so see you behind the bar. What tales I bet you can tell!
 
Of all the gin joints Levin had to work behind the bar

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hurrah I have just given myself the last Clexane injection.The yellow sharps box is all sealed up and ready to be dropped off at my GPs surgery in the morning.If I was able to drink alcohol I would crack open a bottle of Champagne but I will have to make do with a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit.
 
I am loving the conversations about BBC tv I have discovered it only recently- thanks for Downton Abby.. I love Call the Midwife and LOVE Last Tango in Halifax. now that is a racy soap opera.. :)
the True Story Of Life Downstairs sounds like it would be really good, I wonder if I can find this on amazon or netflix,, will look for it later.
Congratualtions @Kim22!! That has to be a wonderful feeling.. did you dunk the biscuit?? ;)
 
I'm watching series called Luther

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
Oh yes Dr Foster gripped the nation for a few weeks absolutely class.I also love Downton Abbey but we are about half way through the very last series at the moment and I am sure to have withdrawal symptoms once it is finished but them we have yet another series of Call the Midwife to look forward to I cry in every single episode.Another brilliant drama which deserved its awards is 'Cilla' starring Sheridan Smith if you get a chance to watch it please do.It is very well produced and very atmospheric of 1960s Liverpool.From the U.S. we really got into Boardwalk Empire and were disappointed when it finished.Hubby likes True Detective and an American football drama Friday Night Lights I think that is what it was called I had high hopes for The Affair but couldn't get into it.
 
We are waiting for next series of outlander. Wiffff likes the romance level and sighs when lead male is on .... I like the historical bit and recognise many of the sites it was shot.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom