THR Hi, Yearly update

So sorry to hear about your mum. I know it must have been a hard decision but staying away from the hospital seems the right way to go.
Hope all goes very smoothly for you and we’ll see you post op!
 
Reflective moment this morning have woken up to a beautiful crisp and clear morning with a light frost just the sort of morning I would love to be getting my boots on and taking the dogs across the fields, poor things looked so excited as I was standing outside taking in the fresh air thinking they were going out so let's get on and get fixed and start doing all those things in life we had previously taken for granted thanks for sharing this :SUNsmile:
 
Make sure you add in some water @mcopt to balance out dehydrating impact of alcohol. Then you should be just fine!

Great reflective moment you shared. It is wonderful to get to do things we took for granted. I had a great glimpse of it with left hip. Looking forward to full view after I get my matching set.

Good luck with final prep today. Look forward to seeing your post on the other side.
 
Oh my stars, mcopt.
Somehow, I don't quite believe you.
Adding another instruction:
Better be super sweet to wife today, she may very well be the only one who can retrieve the clicker to the television when it drops down under the recliner.
It was very helpful for me when I awoke, to repeat the phrase "all temporary" as we are so accustomed to enduring chronic pain.
Will be thinking of you in morning.
 
I think when I go to bed on the 30th, you will be up and on your way. So, in order to be timely, I will say my prayers for you and your medical team then. :prayer: I won't forget your wife:angel: or Mum:flwrysmile:. And the dogs.:doggie: You will be :happyfeet:in no time!
 
Good luck for tomorrow Martin @mcopt. I will be fast asleep at 7.00am so won't be able to send my good wishes to you tomorrow. Don't be nervous my friend, as Irish Joe says it's just another day in the office for the operating team. I was calm as anything being wheeled in and then I thought I had landed on Mars as they were all dressed like bee keepers!!! Mind you without a catheter in and 4 litres of fluid being pumped into me during the op they were probably worn to be splash proof, maybe I even saw tiny windscreen wipers......
Sending love to you and look forward to seeing you on the pre op posts!! About time eh?
 
Too bad about your mom its especially difficult considering the extenuating circumstances. Take care today, Think of those fields:flwrysmile:
 
Mcopt - that is a great reflective moment. It's funny - when I think of myself being fully mobile - it always comes back to the fun things I do with my dog. There is nothing like the excitement of a pup/pups running through fields and enjoying nature! You will do great! And we'll be waiting for you on the other side! :wave:
 
I’ve been thinking about your journey. One good thing to come out of bad is that you have so many following you and cheering you on. Even my husband who is going in today for his 4 week PKR check (yay) is cheering you on; I read your posts to him. Anyway, like others from the USA, you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. :praying:
 
Hey Martin, the time is finally here. I'm happy and excited for you.
You've been through so much and have rolled with it all like a true champ.
Your honesty through the tough times and your great wit has endeared you to
many. You've acquired quite the female following!

Tomorrow will be here in a flash, then surgery quickly behind you. You know we'll
be thinking of you, wondering if you're out of surgery, in recovery, how you're doing.
So please give us a :thumb: when you're able. I hope this last day before surgery finds you
in minimal pain and at peace with all. You're going to do great!
Sending a hug and prayers going up for you and your mom :prayer:
Peace Out..:wave::loveshwr:

@mcopt
 
Thank you all for all the support and hand holding I have been on this pre op side for long enough now time to get across to post op going to try and get a bit of sleep soon it's an early start 7am at the hospital. Best wishes to all x
 
Best wishes to you, Martin! I know it's been a long haul to get here but soon you'll be on your way. Let us know how youre doing and get the next one scheduled before you lose your consultant!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom