THR Hi, Yearly update

Hi :wave:well .. one down one to go .Arrived at hospital at 7am meet with OS and anethasist by 8 I was having a comfortable spinal block then after a bit of manoeuvring etc I was in theatre told them I would like light sedation and listen to my music only remember a bit of first track then I was coming round thinking I was at home due to go to the hospital half-hour in recovery then back to room apparently I pulled iv out as I was coming round :umm:other half waiting in room had nice sandwich and glass of chilled white wine (I wish ) nurses got me up to go for a pee just hope I have enough shorts with me but thats another story :blush: everyone here are so kind and helpful just had nice salad no wine and first meds dull ache from wound expecting bit more dis comfort as drugs from surgery wear off . Teds on with inflating cuffs and keeping legs moving looking forward to doing a bit of walking tommorow with physio, OS said femur was absolutely shot with bits of bone around but he was very happy with results, ..so far so good I know this is a long journey and there will be ups and downs but going the right way now .:SUNsmile:
 
Good report for this point, Martin! Yes, the pain will likely get worse before it gets better but it will get better! Lucky you - you get to have a multitude of women fuss over you now! The only price you'll have to pay is that we'll also tell you what to do and not do. Think of it as having a couple dozen wives! :rofsign:
 
@SaraK story of my life 1 mum 2 wives (not at same time) 3 sisters 3 daughters 2 female cats only male input is from my wifes side and 2 male dogs !! Nurse who just stuck a needle in me was male . Seriously though feel blessed to have all you there .:roseshwr:
 
So glad to hear you made it successfully to the other side. :yay:

Sounds like you’re in good hands. Your post so soon after surgery is very encouraging for those of us still waiting. I hope that you continue to have an uneventful recovery and heal quickly. Good luck! I’ll look for you on the other side.
:cheers:
 
Wowza! That's a whole lot of estrogen up there in # 204
No wonder why it's so easy for you to deal with all of us old hens!
Sounds like you're doing great. So very happy to hear it.
Hope your pain is well managed and you get some decent sleep tonight.
Don't forget about your bestest friend > :ice:
@mcopt
 
Then again, @MammaT , how do we know he actually went through with it and isn't just faking it to keep us from finding out that he chickened out? Nah, he was one hurting puppy - I think he would have stayed awake and held the surgeon at gunpoint if the surgeon had cancelled for any reason!
 
Hi @anny must admit I am bit more aware of things this morning leg is achey nothing bad but definitely more aware of it now that surgery painkillers are wearing off not tried ice yet but may save that for when I get home definitely think it helps having a spinal as I don't feel groogy bit nauseous after standing up but again not too bad will see what today brings have bloods and xray this morning plus physio I think hope you are coping ok with the wait that certainly seems the worst part of all this :bored:
 
Hope the achiness goes soon mcopt.....but don't brave it out, ask for some ice, and don't forget Josephine's instructions to keep ahead of the pain (you wouldn't like to get on her wrong side, would you? :sos:) You're right about the wait....seems to go on for ever, but then if they wanted me in tomorrow I'd be panicking like mad! Glad you've got this one sorted finally.....talk about a test of patience :sad: Have a good day today :fingersx:
 
Oh yeah, he's on the healing side of life.
First days are tough, temporary, temporary.
I'm so so glad you got this done. I was holding my breath for you!
Made me very happy to read you got through it with flying colors and sound well as can be expected.
Really happy for you!:yahoo:
 
@mcopt hi Martin as you have so much time on your hands now being Fussed over by all of those women can you change your thread title to maybe "finally" ?? Ha ha. My leg was so sore after the op, the spinal had worn off by the time I woke up after the op so the poor nurse was running around trying to find pain killers for me as it was after 6.00pm! Took ages for them to get it sorted so I feel your pain my friend! It is pain but is better than the bone on bone of arthritis so hold onto that thought. I was nautious for about a week after and very dizzy. I wish I had asked for anti nausea drugs so make sure you do. Hope you are Managing to sleep and good luck with your first steps
 
Hi @mcopt so glad to read you are now in the recovery side. Sounds as though all went well and now it's a take it day by day. And it all does get easier. Just curious but what was your first track on your playlist? I also only heard my first track - Fleetwood Mac's Albatross, whenever I hear it now I think oh yeah that's when I got my hip sorted. I did listen to my playlist quite a bit when I got home - all part of the recovery I thought, that first week taking full dose of the meds and listening to Pink Flloyds Shine On You Crazy Diamond (my second track) gave me a wonderful sleep. Hope your recovery goes well. The difference my THR has made to my life is amazing. Wishing you well.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom