good luck @mcopt!. They dont tell you when you need to be in the hospital until the day/night before and I am still waiting for the phone to ring. we just had a scare where the phone didn't seem to work but my techy husband figured it out. phew.
Just thinking about you @crispy you will be a few hours behind me in the UK hope you are getting through today ok I feel a strange sort of nervous excitement look forward to hearing from you tomorrow have a good night
Hey @mcopt-it’s January 31 where you are! Hope you get some sleep tonight, but given the hours I see you posting I think sleep is rather elusive for you.
Wishing you nothing but the best for your surgery and your recovery. Post afterwards as you are able.
Yeah it's today now !! No not expecting much sleep had a bit of a doze earlier all packed and showered just take it as it comes now, feels all surreal in a strange way. Thanks for all your thoughts
Martin
@SaraK Yeah was planning on catching up on my sleep tommorow with a bit of help . Not a big sleeper normally can cope on 5 or 6 hours ok . Think as long as you are resting then you are doing some good .
@mcopt
Just want you to know you're in my prayers for a smooth surgery and uneventful hospital stay.
Will be eagerly awaiting the play by play when you're up to the BSers post op.
Looks like you're up and on the move....ready to seize the day.
It's gonna be good!
Prayers for peace and comfort. See you on the other side soon. @mcopt
I think it is almost 06:30 AM there @mcopt I am getting nervous for you. I am going to bed. Going to try to see the lunar eclipse. You must be at the hospital.
See you on the other side, mcopt.
We've got this...yes WE, we are all wishing you the best.
Looking at this super moon this morning, and sending super mojo your way.
Welcome to the other side my friend! By now you know the drill. Keep posting here as I moved your thread to the recovery side.
I'll post your recovery articles here as well. Happy healing! Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.