THR Hi, Yearly update

I'm glad you were able to be there and that she was peaceful.
Now you can remember her as she was before, without the infirmities.
Peace to you, mcopt.
 
Hope you're doing okay, Martin.
Know that we care and are thinking of you :console2:
@mcopt
 
Hi everyone just checking in to say thanks for all your thoughts . Life a bit crazy at the moment as you might guess.
Had 6 week check with consultant and physio all good confirmed appointment for left op on 11th May (day before my birthday !) so will be moving back to pre op side soon again but really looking forward to getting this done now told OS just do exactly what you did to the right and with a bit of luck (you never know) by July this will be me :dancy::spin:.
Have missed keeping up with you all on here but just overrun with other things hopefully life may get a bit calmer soon, you ain't going to get rid of me that easily :snork:
Best wishes to all out there
Martin :SUNsmile:
 
Martin, we'll be here when you need us (heck, even when you don't). You've got a lot going on right now, so come see us when it works for you!

Glad the Consultant visit went well. Your second will be a great birthday present to yourself just like mine was (although I had a few more days of healing to enjoy mine a little more).

Peace to you and your family!
 
Sincerest condolences on the loss of your Mother. I hope the happy memories replace the sadness very quickly.

Congratulations on finalising the date for your second THR! You will soon join the double hippie club!
 
We'll be here, Martin. Take all the time you need.
Prayers your heart is healing.

May 11th will be here before you know it and then you can really move forward.
Hope you're beginning to feel some peace. You've been through a lot in a very short time.
Hugs :console2:
@mcopt
 
Hope all is well with you Martin.
Hope bad hip is hanging in there and new hip is doing well!
Have a great week.:wave:
 
:hi:
You've got fans!
Hope all is well.
A peaceful week to you @mcopt
 
Just quick check in . Life still very much a whirlwind with mum's funeral arrangements and trying to deal with insurance to sort out break in seem to be spending half my life on hold to call centres !
Had date for pre op for next op of 24th April makes it seem closer now can't wait to get it done the left is getting pretty sore at times now new right is doing great actually managed to walk the dogs again a few times:dogwalk:I just try to ignore the left leg. Have been back to the gym but not as much as I would like due to lack of time finding walking and exercising in the pool good managed some swimming breast stroke which physio said would be ok seems comfortable enough and new hip feels stable. Hoping life calms down a bit soon so I can concentrate on getting next op done and deal with the recovery I am so looking forward to hopefully feeling 'normal ' again :SUNsmile:
 
I'm sorry you're dealing with so many issues with call centres! Those are never fun - may be worse than dealing with that left hip! Glad the preop for 2nd hip less than a month away. It's going to be so much better for you when that's all done!

Take care and remember - it is still murder if it's a call centre rep!
 
Glad to hear that your soon moving forward with your left hip. Sorry that you’re still battling with the insurance companies. Do you have a date for your mums funeral? Making all the arrangements is so distressing :flwrysmile:
 
I wish I could blink you to May 12th. I surely would if I could :wink:
The rest you'll get in 44 days will be well deserved.
What a rough time you've had of it, Martin. So sorry!
I hope your weekend is peaceful and relaxing.
@mcopt
 
Thanks @Layla for your thoughts keeping a positive outlook hopefully there is light now at the end if this tunnel.
Wishing you a peaceful Easter weekend :flwrysmile:
 
Hi my friend. Glad you are hanging on for number 2.
Breast stroke? All I've heard is no-no...I do it with no legs.
Please be ever so careful!
Want hip number one to be issue free before you do next one.
Happy happy Easter weekend, mcopt.
 
Hi @Mojo333 been given mixed messages about breaststroke swimming when I was going for resurfacing the OS said that was the best exercise I could do post op don't know if that applies to just resurfacing at last physio appointment she said bs should be no problem as long as there was no discomfort must admit when I do it my legs are not doing much they tend to drag behind and just give small side kicks most is done by my arms so a good upper body workout I will be careful don't intend to mess this up ! Hope all going ok with your dad :SUNsmile:
 
Whew! Thanks for the reassurance. Thought I was going to have to go into my "I don't mean to be ugly, but...." mode.
Dad says when I say
I don't mean to be ugly but, you can bet your sweet bippy, I'm going to be ugly.
Hope you continue doing well Martin!
 
Sorry for everything that you’ve been going through @mcopt . I hope you find relief from your physical pain soon with your second surgery. I’m amazed at how quickly I’m recovering not even two weeks out yet, so I think you have a good shot at meeting your goals.

I had a year that everything seemed to be happening at once with the deaths of 3 family members in less than 3 months, my parents house robbed while mom was in the hospital and my husband falling through the attic floors and through a bedroom ceiling, but fortunately he wasn’t seriously injured. Looking back I don’t know how we managed except just doing what needed to be done in the moment. Once things are settled prepare yourself for the possibility of a bit of a (well deserved) meltdown. Then take yourself on a holiday.

Keeping you in my thoughts.
 
Checking to make sure you are taking good care of number one before the arrival of number two.

:loll:Talking about hips by the by.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom