THR Hi, Yearly update

Hey Martin...
Thirty six days till you're a double hippie! :happydance::yay:
Hopefully you're doing well and not suffering pain.
Want this to be over for you, you've had rough times lately.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
@mcopt
 
Hope all is well with you.
My BIL realized a lifelong dream of his this weekend by purchasing this new baby. I'm super stoked I might get a ride. Was thinking of you when we loaded it up on trailer (of course it was raining cats and dogs do couldn't even ride it home)
[Bonesmart.org] Hi, Yearly update
 
Hi all
Well I think it's time I packed my bags here and moved back on over to the pre-op side. To say the past 6 months or so has been eventful would be a bit of an understatement I am hoping that I can now find some sort of closure on everything that has gone on and move on to getting number 2 hip sorted and life hopefully back to some sort of normality.
I am starting a new thread in pre-op but just to hopefully draw a line under everything hip and non hip related that has gone on I would like to say thanks for all the support given to me by so many of you not only with the challenges of a new hip but the other life challenges your friendship and support has been invaluable as I am sure so many others will agree this hip journey is so much easier when shared.
We had a lovely funeral mass and service for mum she is now at rest the demons of dementia can no longer harm her I don't think I have mentioned before but she had both hips replaced about 18 years ago and even with her dementia she was able to remember and give me some reassurance when she knew I needed mine replaced. As a little indulgence I would like to copy in a poem mum wrote about 20 years ago I read this out as part of the eulogy at her funeral, she had been to visit her elder sister in Italy and they had travelled around unfortunately she never managed to return to see her again and her sister could never travel back to the UK due to her health issues.

A Magical Journey Through Space and Time



A lake of blue and mountains to climb

Vines and fig trees, forests of green

Rocks in the river, almost unseen

A boy sitting fishing, a little girl waving

All of these memories I shall be saving

To bring out and look at, and remember again

The magical journey we had on the train.


We climbed many steps, went into the church,

Saw homes built of stone as if they were perched

On old, old walls made by hands of men

Who toiled through the day then said their AMEN

When houses were built from stones to last

To keep in the secrets of ages long past

Where more than the houses weathered the storms

Of life, old people gone and new babies born.




Beautiful stone smooth and old

Fountains of water, clear and cold

Around the town mountains rise

Majestic and tall against the skies

Looking down on the steps, houses and people

The church with grass growing out of the steeple,

A magical, wonderful day for me,

That God has given me time to see.



I remember the faces good food and love

That’s been given to me from someone above

I shall never forget on days of rain

The magical journey we had on the train.


Gloria

Thanks for that.
We nearly have closure on the break-in finally have agreement from the insurance company to replace things although we are still one car down still waiting for new locks,5 weeks is quite a time.
New hip is really good however as I try to start to do more ie spin biking, walking, gym work etc the left one has got a lot worse and really screams if I try to do much at all I am just hoping that the treatment and recovery for this goes as well as the right, due pre-op on 24th April then all go on 11th May really can't wait now just got over a bad cold so hopefully that can't happen again like last time :fingersx: so starting new thread for this new hip.
@mojo that Harley of your BIL's looks awesome great colour go steady having a ride on it but enjoy. Have sold/exchanged both of my bikes for a Harley sidecar outfit going to take some practice to ride but far easier on hips as no having to put legs down when stopping and far easier to get on/off not ridden much yet but hopefully by end of June should be able to get on the road a bit when the weather is good, can put a dog in the sidecar as well bit like Wallace and Gromit :heehee:
Going over to other side again now all the best to everyone will try and keep up to speed a bit now hopefully. [Bonesmart.org] Hi, Yearly update
 
@mcopt beautiful poem of your mum's thank you for sharing. So happy that hip number 2 is nearly here!!!! Mine will be be in August although I am really struggling with it but still struggling with the operated one so not much choice!! Bye martin it's been emotional........
 
Such a beautiful tribute...Your mom is smiling, I know.

Back to the recovery stuff, but then DONE. I know you will be so glad too.
The bike is awesome...your canine pals are BIG..will they ride in there, you think?

I appreciate you sharing your journey @mcopt AND I hope this next one is ever so smooth.:ok:
 
Martin, that's a beautiful poem and so lovely a reminder for you of your mom before the dementia hit. I think you've already had your quota for drama so keeping finger, eyes and legs crossed that all goes smoothly this time! We want you out riding that new beast soon!
 
What a sweet, loving tribute to your dear mom. I'll bet reading her words feels bittersweet.
What a lovely poem she composed commemorating her time spent in Italy with her sister. Now a precious keepsake for you. I hope you're feeling at peace, Martin.

Well....here we are, counting down again. You'll soon be in recovery for the second time in three and a half months! While your heart may still feel heavy you will move forward as time distances you from the many unpleasant experiences of the past few months. You've had your share of frustration, anxiety, pain and grief. I pray that May 12th comes quickly for you. In many ways it will be a new beginning.

You can count on us to be here to bug and nag you :happydance: C'mon...what would Recovery be like without us?
Don't answer that...I will....Not as fun! :rotfl:

Hugs and prayers for peace as you move forward. A great week to you also!
@mcopt
 
@mcopt
Wonderful poem your dear mom wrote and perfect that you made it part of her eulogy. Tender hearts there.
You have certainly been through life's challenges this past year and I wish you all the best going forward.

Onward to the next phase and it will come fast! Will be following you along as I am having a second hip this year too!
 
@mcopt
Hello Martin,
What a nice update that cheers me up on Monday morning. And what a beautiful poem your mum wrote. You had a very nice mum.
I wish you all the best for your pre-op preparation and that second hip will be as much of a success as the first one. I've only got 1 new hip but have had that for 3 years and it it so much better than I expected. Even managed to run marathons on it.
I'm sorry you had so much stress and challenges during your first recovery, but you're really positive and will weather it all out. Hope the insurance matters will resolve satisfactorily. Enjoy the new motorbike with side-car.
By the way - how is work? Optician is an interesting job and useful :). I needed the service of an optition, too, this year, - bought new glasses & contact lenses. But they've stopped working 100% - I really need a cataract operation - will tackle that after my summer holidy in July. New glasses and contact lenses are the temporary solution. All the best - Constanze
 
:wave:
Consider this a practice run.
We need to get you back into the rotation here.
The clock is ticking...

Hope you're doing well and not in a lot of pain.
Wishing you a peaceful rest of the week.
@mcopt
 
:wave:Yes, two weeks!
How's that new hip?
Hope you are well and ready to get this all dusted AND done!
 
:wave: @mcopt
It's going to be your Three Month Anniversary with hip number one in just a couple days. :yay:
Then it's onto the left hip. Only days to go now. Hope you're doing well and are ready to roll.
We're ramping up to cheer you on. Can't get rid of us :rotfl: Hoping your pain is well managed.
Wishing you a great week!
 
Yoohoo @mcopt - where are you? I week to go! All of us women need to get in practice hounding you! But that's hard to do unless you show your face! :rotfl:
 
Here we go again..but last time.
Hope other hip is doing well and you are ready for this last one.

Guessing you've got all you can do catching up with patient schedules, etc.
Pre-op yet?
Roll on Friday!
 
Where are you? :bored:
You wimping out? :bolt:
We're in place. Waiting to encourage, cheer, uplift, motivate, laugh and cause trouble :heehee:
Now we just need you...to let the fun begin. :happydance:
Hope you're enjoying the weekend so far. Hope you're not in too much pain. Hope you're ready to roll!
To be continued.....
@mcopt
 
Hi all !
Sorry I have been so quiet life events of the past couple of months have just left me drained :mcoffee: still doing battle with insurance companies and my car is still away for lock changes !! lots of other family stuff to contend with but I am starting to clear things now a bit. Thanks for not forgeting me I will have a good catch up on the posts to see how people are getting on later.
3 days to go for number 2 I can't wait right side seems to be healing well no pain but difficult to say exactly how I am doing as the left is so dam painful most of the time so still walking with a stick :old: but managing to get in the pool at the gym and do plenty of walking that. But got to be positive now if the left works as well as the right has should be no stopping me by July :spin::dancy:. Pre op went ok so bags packed and ready for round 2 on Friday . @Mojo333 did you get to ride on BIL's Harley ? I got my orange Harley back I tried the sidecar outfit well !!! Felt so dangerous like it was going to spit me off on every corner would need more than new hips then, guy I had it off was understanding and did a swap back so need to get hips working to get back on the road:hog:.
 
Well....nice to hear from you young man :heehee:
Beginning to wonder if you decided against the op right now.
Sorry you're hurting.

Just think how wonderful you'll feel a month from now.
Hopefully this will be a good Summer. After all you've been through...you deserve it.
We're here, in place, ready when you are...

Wishing you peace and comfort as you await Friday.
@mcopt
 
Hi @Layla like the 'young man' thing especially as I have another birthday the day after the next op ! No way would I dream of not having this done my biggest fear is that something happens to prevent it happening ! the way the left is now I have felt like having a go at doing it myself :heehee:. No I am hoping this will be my best birthday present want to go in 62 but feeling 92 but come out 63 feeling 36 (well after a couple of weeks) Thank you as always for your kind thoughts.
 
Good to see you back. I wish all of the back noise would go away but maybe it's provided a bit of a distraction for you as you wait. Thank goodness it's no longer flu season and we don't have to put you in a hazmat suit again! I hadn't thought about the age change with my 2nd THR and how I got younger instead of older, but now see the truth in that for me as well. The following phrase won't mean much to you but those in the states may recognize the phrase "We'll keep the light on for you." From a hotel chain's commercials. We'll be here when you're ready for company (and I'm still waiting for your retribution).
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom