THR Hi, Yearly update

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and sharing your own difficult and sad experiences. I hadn't seen my mum for about 3 weeks due to my surgery etc very sad to say I noticed a huge change in her she didn't recognise me as she would have done before and she was virtually incoherent but she was calm and accepting she had been a bit feisty in the past she did respond to some old time music and sang along they say music is helpful . On the up side they have moved her to the 'reiminsance' unit the staff are so helpful understanding and kind there I feel happy she is in the best possible place she could be I can at least pop in more now . Hip all good taking it easier walking ok with no crutches around the house.
Hope everyone has the best possible weekend they can . X
 
Oh Martin, I believe you will make a come back!
 
Were those saran wrap shorts so demoralizing that you can't get past it? :rotfl: .Or are you just unwilling to give up part of the attention from the MMs that you have to appear broken? Somehow, going to the pub, popping into the office and other similar jaunts doesn't sound too broken to me (unless you Brits have a different definition for the word that I haven't heard).

Or is this you falling on your sword to protect @WAHOOWA from the hordes of harpies? :loll:
 
Last edited:
Aww, Martin I'm so sorry. Thinking of you taking that all in with your mom tugs at my heart. Noticing those differences is difficult at first. But the bright side is she's still here.
You can still visit with her and give her hugs or kiss her head.
It's wonderful that she's in a home that you are happy with feeling confident in the staff, I'm sure they'll
keep her comfortable and safe.

Look at you....Impressive! Already walking around unaided! Just be careful we want you safe and in one piece.
I hope you and Mrs Martin have a wonderful weekend!
@mcopt
 
Wishing you an easy does it because that's the thing to do and I don't want to hear it if I don't weekend, @mcopt. :curtsey:
 
Winter Olympics on the TV :happydance:start getting some inspiration for an Alpine adventure got to see what these new hips will do:snow plough:we need a ski emoji !!
 
Maybe you need a ski emoji @mcopt. I have a friend who loves it, just got back from a week in Colorado. I will settle for watching.
 
I agree, a skiing emoji would be nice.
I'm pulling for some new flowers in that shop also....aside from the spinning daisy.

Hope your day has been great so far.....maybe late afternoon there...as I'm still drinking
my morning coffee.

Gretel is the one I can't keep track of, I swear it's probably already Monday where she lives!
Warm wishes for a wonderful night!
@mcopt
 
@mcopt Is that all you've got? Your idea of revenge is warning others about me on their threads? I expected more of you! I continue to quake in my boots! :loll:yes, @Layla - I like to poke the bear!

Now that ski emoji - should it be Eddie the Eagle on the ski jump?
 
I see trouble on the rise!

You did make a comment on bruce’s Thread that has me thinking @mcopt. You said something along the lines that you don’t know if ease of recovery is an individual thing or has to do with approach. Superpath does, from limited exposure to it on here, seem to have you all moving much quicker and lesser pain. But there are also others with different approaches who bounce back quickly. I would guess even with superpath there may be some quicker than others. How the individual deals with pain, overall condition would seem to play a role in recovery. The one benefit to some pain is it reminds us we need to be careful.

I would think if one is going to have an easier time of it, they would regardless the approach.
 
@MammaT good points so difficult to say . You are correct everyone and every procedure is different hence recoveries will alk be different. I am fortunate I went into this fairly fit with no known health issues few pounds over but that can go soon so few things in my favour however I am impressed by the lack of swelling and bruising my leg already feels flexible and weight bearing is no problem as you say though easy early recovery can lead to becoming complacent and doing too much too soon there is still a lot of deep healing to take place but saying that I think i may go for a run around the block tomorrow (not really)
 
Well, Sara went dancing soon after her Surgery! Glad you are holding off on the run for a few more days!
 
Oh @SaraK, you make me laugh. I think Martin is doing just fine with his recovery! Don’t doubt he will be using skis next winter though.
 
Hi Martin,
Take it slow and easy so you don't suffer any set backs. You want to be healthy and strong before
May 11th. I know you are wishing it was sooner but I'd take comfort in having some time in between each surgery. Reason being I'm a big scaredy cat and I don't think I could turn around and do it again that quickly. That's just me.

About 8 years ago my dad had each hip replaced 5 months apart and I was so worried for him thinking it was way too soon. He was 72 at the time. What did I know :heehee: It's amazing how people go through this surgery twice, in short order, and successfully! Look at bi-laterals, still can't believe that either.....Being released for home 23 hrs. post op, as I was and many others also, still amazes me too. I guess I'm still in awe and amazed by it all.
We're lucky and blessed to live in an era where we have a fix.
Hope you have a great Sunday!
 
Yes, he is doing quite well (if he weren't, I wouldn't egg him on)! Hard decision tonight - relax in my brand new recliner (my trusty old friend has been pushed out the door) or go dancing? Can you give me a nanosecond to make a decision?:heehee:
 
Take care @mcopt ! Sorry to hear about your Mom! My Mother passed away unexpectedly Christmas day! I understand how you feel but be thankful she's still with you! I appreciate you "warning" me about hippies on here,lol!I think I'm in good hands! I'm feeling better tonight! We see how tonight goes!
 
Hi @WAHOOWA I am so sorry to hear of your mum passing what a shock for you and family on Christmas or any time come to that when its not expected. I visited my mum for the first time in about 4 weeks yesterday due to the hip surgery it was very sad the dementia has taken hold so strongly now . Never easy is it ,hope recovery continues well keep in touch they are a great crowd on here
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom