THR Hi, Yearly update

OH NO :thud: The dreaded ODIC....
While all the activity of yesterday sounds fun, it was pretty ambitious for one week post op.
I hope some frequent icing and sleep has you feeling tip top
Wishing you a great Thursday!
@mcopt
 
One week, mcopt:nah:
That stem is supposed to be getting some kind of encapsulation as I understand Jo saying, so bone can grow and all those muscles and ligaments have been moved and aggravated. I know you know, so no lecture. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Please be easy on it:sigh:
 
Get some rest today @mcopt. Overdoing it even for fun stuff can set us back. Since things are going well for me, I am really going to have to watch it!
 
Hey you....
MM's need a report to weigh in on :bored:
Hope you're feeling re-energized after a long winters nap.
Wondering how your Thursday is going....
@mcopt
 
I know. You're scared to face me.:scaredycat:
No worries...only hoping all is well.
 
Doing ok honestly:whistle: took it easy this morning caught up with some paperwork managed to get around the house with no crutches just a bit of furniture surfing then had a go at driving myself to the shops ....wait ....OS said driving ok as long as I was ok with brake pedal and off any ipiate meds so sat in car and practised all good car is auto so off I go no problems. What I did do was walk up to a village meeting tonight we are having a bit of a crime wave so discussing cameras as a deterrent ended up sitting on a very uncomfortable chair for an hour so by the time I got back I sort of ached a bit . Few painkillers and resting seems all ok just been reading on another thread about how some of these modern approaches can give you a false sense of security as intial pain levels can be low and you are then encouraged to over do it do agree with that lesson for today learnt. :angel:
 
Oh yeah meant to say I have a date for left side not as soon as I would have liked but earlier dates clashed with work commitments so going to be May 11 day before my birthday not a bad present for your 63rd a shiny new hip might get fussed up by the nurses as well :happydance:
 
Oh Yay. Double hippy . Hopefully you'll have all your lessons learned by then.
Please do take care, my friend.
 
No cocktails for your birthday (except for the meds)! Glad you got the date set. A little more time in between might not be bad - you'll have a bit more time for the first to heal before you have to rely on it more.
 
It sounds like your Thursday went well.
You got behind the wheel for a few laps around the track. That's impressive at only 8 days post op.
Great news you have your next surgery scheduled! Personally, I'd like a little time in between to heal and regain some strength and energy. Just hope it's not a painful waiting period for you.
Mention your b day to the nurses and you will get fussed over for sure. Look at you....working all angles! :wink:
Hope you're weekend is great!
@mcopt
 
Well well Martin You're just going around and going around! :driver:
Was that you with the Harley in the garage? No ideas now!
So pleased, but worried about the ODIC for you. Now tell us more about :blush: the Saran Wrap shorts...
 
Wow wee to driving how great for you. Glad you have a date for the next one. Pleased to see that your recovery is going so well. Remember to listen to your body and don’t push it too far.
 
@BeBe :swoon:those 'shorts' were not a pretty sight ! All I can say about the Harley is thank goodness its wet and cold here might have a different tale to tell in may after second op though . @Jackie222 I think you too found this its so difficult in the early days not to do things when you don't actually feel ill but its so true you do need to let your body heal it does shout back at you . Bit more driving today going to visit my mum who was seriously ill in hospital the past couple of weeks but now discharged her physical health has stabilised now she has advanced heart failure but her dementia has taken big steps forward,unfortunately, so her care home has had to move her to a more focused unit will take a drive over today its not too far .
 
Sorry to read that your mum has been so ill and this has caused her dementia to worsen. The home is probably best in moving her to a more specialised unit where she can get the care she needs.
 
Thanks its been a long journey with my mum unfortunately as you can imagine with dementia you lose the person that was there in the past. The important thing now is that she is comfortable safe and as calm as possible :SUNsmile:
 
Sorry for your mum @mcopt. My mother was glad her brain remained clear even though cancer ravaged her body. However we loose them, it is hard. It is good she is close by and you can see that her needs are being met.mi don’t know if it is true there, but I am convinced in the States those who have family involved get more attentive care.

I am glad you have datevfor second hip. After the delays you experienced with first, let’s hope this goes smoothly.
 
Aww, Martin...I'm so sorry that your mom's dementia has progressed. My grandma
got like that in her last couple years. She died at one month past her 100th birthday.
While it's sad to not be able to discuss the past with them any longer we did find some humor in
some of the crazy things my grandma would say. We'd laugh at her lovinginly while doing this :scratch:
and she'd laugh right along with us. She say some crazy things like commenting on a nurse's
KK (you know what I mean) as she walked away saying "she has a big a _ _," Hilarious coming out of the mouth of a hundred yr old woman!
Even though you feel they're slipping away, at least you still have them, that's how I felt anyway. There's something about still having them there to touch and smell that's comforting even though they seem lost somewhere. My grandma began calling me Louise, she thought I was an old childhood friend. Very difficult to absorb that they no longer remember you... but you adjust. I'm sure you already have. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your mom today and safe travels while on the road.
It sounds as though you're progressing nicely. I hope your weekend is great!
@mcopt
 
It must have been practically unbearable to not be able to see your mom before your surgery so I'm glad you have the opportunity to do it now - and maybe the surgery at this time has given you the added gift of not being as rushed and having more time to spend with her. Memory care units at Senior housing facilities have changed so much in the last 10 years - they have much more of a home-like feeling. Hopefully she's settling in well and it can ease your mind to know her safety has been enhanced and she's probably getting more activities geared towards memory retention.

Keep on taking care of yourself as well and enjoy that new hip!

Are you planning to share your harem with @WAHOOWA or is he going to have to find his own?
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom