Guest viewing is limited

THR Hi, Yearly update

I remember that feeling well! I used to equate it to sitting on a golf ball.....annoying!
I knew better and I'd still want to check and make sure I wasn't sitting on something.
Hope today is great and tomorrow even better. I guess Bevlah may win the rear end contest :heehee:
 
Yes, that sitting on a golf ball sensation does go but it takes some time, felt like months, if I recall.

You know some undergo surgery to get more junk in their trunk, Bev
Yours was free, a bonus! And with that said.....it won't last. So enjoy the KK rear, if you like big ones :heehee:
Hope your day is great and your rear ever shrinking, lol!
@Bevlah
 
:loveshwr::wave::happydance:@mcopt - How are things going now that you're a few days out. I remember the 2nd day as being the most difficult as I was moving around more but the Esparel they put in to numb the hip wore off. How does Mrs. mcopt feel about your harem doting over you and sending you butt pics? Or is that our little secret? It's good to see you on other people's threads sowing comfort as someone who's recently come to the recovery side, but we want to hear you're doing well. (I'm also waiting for retribution! In case you're of the opinion that "revenge is a dish best served cold," let me warn you about surgery brain - I had to writing things down during the first couple of weeks or I'd forget them completely!)

Take care and stay iced!
 
@mcopt glad to read recovery is going well. I just bought reclining furniture, before knowing about hip surgery, so glad to hear that helps in recovery. Feel better and walk safely. Best wishes.
 
@mcopt. Good to hear your doing well. I admire the one crutch! I am still using my walker but more as a guide. I will join with the others here in enjoying not just your humor on these posts but the :loll:that it inspires in everyone else. Youare all hilarious and a great place to get go for comic relief.
 
Hi @mcopt
Thinking of you and wondering how your day is going,
Hopefully your pain is well managed and you're getting lots of rest!
Give us an update when you're able.....
Cozy naps advised :yawn: :sleep: with an ice pack under the blankie for good measure :ice:
 
Finding the tiredness is kicking in a bit now so just listening to my body and taking it easy slower progress now with new leg but do expect that early days ! Had bit of an issue this morning I started to pee some blood without going into too much detail I was having to shove stuff about to stay comy etc whilst sitting down seemed to maybe trap or twist some bits :blush: got in touch with hospital and they asked me to bring a sample in they checked it there and then said didn't appear to be any infection but will do more tests to be certain bleeding stopped fairly quickly and seems ok so far. I am wondering if its anything to do with the blood thinners I am on clexane injectable has anyone else had similar problems :what: no easy way to ask this one sorry:dubious:
 
Ps did ask if they had fitted a catheter whilst I was asleep but said no.
 
Hope it’s nothing serious @mcopt, you might be on the right trail with the anticoagulant. Glad that you’re having it checked out. Some anticoagulants are excreted through the kidneys rather than liver. Don’t know about the one you’re on though.
 
The things we can discuss on BS!! Thank the good Lord above! @mcopt hopefully by the time your reading this your bleeding issue has been sorted out. If something was tugged or pinched combined with blood thinners I'm not surprised from that bit of trauma.
Main thing is, anything amiss, call the docs. Well also feel free to run it up the flagpole here with your harem.
BTW I am told I WILL have a cath. That will be a first for me - the one thing we didn't have to do to each other
Back in the dark ages of nurses training.:scaredycat:
 
It is a concern that most certainly should be reported to doctor. Specifically noted to contact doctor if you have blood in urine or in stool while taking blood thinners.
Glad you informed doctor! I don't have any experience with blood in urine but I didn't have blood thinners either.
Please let us know.
 
Hi @Mojo333 didn't they give you any blood thinners at all?

I am a bit concerned that I may be on too much as I am quite mobile and wearing TEDs and my basic health and fitness isn't too bad. I know that even if I take aspirin it can make me bleed more readily than normal with small cuts etc. They gave me ibuprofen to take which works much better for pain relief for me than paracetamol but I am not taking it as that again increases bleeding problems.

Mind you pain not too bad. I do wonder if these medics are just covering their backs if they don't put you on something and you get DVT. It is their fault if they put you on something and you have bleeding problems they can blame the drug does that make sense. Would be interested to hear what other people are using I think (my lay opinion) that clexane injections everyday for 28 days for someone who is healthy and moving is a bit over kill ?? :shrug:

:upright:
 
@mcopt hi lovey. I agree they are just covering their backs. There is DVT in my family so I am happy to wear the sexy stockings and take blood thinners but I take a tablet call rivaroxoban not injections? Maybe ask if you can take tablets instead?
 
You know I have Nothing to do with medical field, mcopt, and for others reading note staff disclaimer, but I was thinking the same thing...do you need them. I know alot of folks here have had to use them...don't know their complete medical histories though.
I know there is a risk of blood clots but I wasn't prescribed anything but 80 mg aspirin twice per day for ten days.
Wouldn't want you to not do anything you should be doing, maybe more work in there hence more trauma?, but I know my better half was told specifically to let doctor know if any blood in urine or stool while on Lovenox injections.
I would definitely question it !
Might be too much...
 
Hi ladies Mojo333 and Bevlah. It's a bit of a dilemma. Got absolutely no problem doing the injections. I thought I might but no big deal at all. I discussed Rivaoxoban and apixiban with OS he said they would work as well for blood thinning but can cause wound seepage. But it's the blood thinning effect I want. A lot of people do seem to just use aspirin.

It's not as if I am not moving well just about to walk up the road slowly with crutches to our local pub for a sandwich and 4 or 5 pints of beer (perhaps a coke light today !) If I was virtually bed bound might be different or if I had other circulatory issues. Think I will book to see my GP and discuss.

I wonder if @Josephine has any comments on this issue

Hope all having a good day :SUNsmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom