THR Hi, Yearly update

Ooooh, you're asking for it, sista
He gonna get u good!!

Thankfully he hasn't lost his sense of humor while he's at a disadvantage.
We need an update from him. Hope you're having a good day, Martin!
 
I will give those gals a what-for if need be, mcopt.
Just say the word.
Hopefully, you are snoozing and feeling the love.
 
Hey, I at least got you to surface and show us you're alive! I'm not too worried, though. I can outrun an old geezer with a walker (and he can probably outrun you)!:old:
 
@MammaT - yep, and I've heard the same word applied to me that others apply to paybacks. Just helping to test Martin's mental acuity and his his blood pumping!
 
Hey...we need a bonafide update.
How's your pain?
Are you icing?
Sleeping well?
Appetite?
Bathroom habits?
Bed or recliner?
We want details....
Pretend nurses wanna know....
@mcopt
 
Here goes

Hows your pain? ......sort of hurts :banghead:

Are you icing ? ......only cakes

Sleeping well ? ......yes when I am asleep. :alarm:

Appetite?...... just hit the booze.:martini:

Bathroom habits? ........dont even go there:censored:

Bed or recliner ? ..... yes :shrug:

Did you really expect a sensible answer :loll:
 
Aww, Martin
So nice to hear from you!
Your great humor is still intact and that's a wonderful sign!
I hope your pain is well controlled and you're sleeping comfortably, or at least napping often.
Don't mix drugs with alcohol.....at least not for a few weeks :heehee:
Hopefully you're doing well overall....keep us posted.
A great Sunday to you!
 
@Layla ,Being serious :skep:

Pain from new side is minimal from slight ache to pulling /tightness when moving bit of swelling around the knee thigh started today so going to start icing and making sure I elevate think I sat down too much today with feet on the floor sleeping ok but sort of out of normal routines don't usually do so little physically and mentally in the day but do feel tiredness creeping up and doze sometimes. Eating fine trying to be healthy and sensible not always easy but conscious of weight gain, no booze at all ,how boring am I? Bathroom well lets just say the movicol worked today :sick: 4 days for me is unknown!You did ask ! I am swaping between bed and recliner its getting easier to lift new leg on to bed now but recliner really useful downstairs.
Overall so far I am far more comfortable than I expected .Walking round the house on 1 crutch will venture up the road tomorrow but will use 2. Overall I am trying to listen to my body and act accordingly. I am of course still getting pain and issues with the old leg so just want that done asap certainly won't be dreaming up any get outs next time @SaraK :heehee:
Will keep you all updated .
 
I'm glad to hear all is going well, Martin! I think you know me well enough to know by now that I'll do or say just about anything to make sure you let us know how you're doing and hopefully put a smile on your face! Humor and good spirits (no, not the alcoholic sort) do help the recovery in my opinion.
 
Your recovery sounds "spot on"....normal.
The pulling and tightness....sore knee and swelling brings back memories. My knee became sore and swollen on day 17-18 very bruised then also. It's great you have an appetite. Some do, some don't.
I know you're not drinking :heehee:
I didn't either but I did have a glass of wine with dinner one night 3-4 weeks post op.
One and done, made me tired :yawn:
Luckily you're not having bathroom issues. I didn't either but some poor people really suffer.
I think you sound great overall! I sure hope this experience will help cut the anxiety for your next one. I'm sure I'll need my other one done at some point and I feel the previous experience will help immensely.
Wishing you a comfy cozy peaceful Sunday!
@mcopt
 
@mcopt you do sound like you're doing ok. One crutch at home already is really good, I only got down to one crutch 2 weeks post op! My other hip is making noises at the moment as well and it was meant to be my "good" leg! I am hoping to get the other done ASAP especially as I have to have the second half of my pelvis rebuilt, the new hip which is now in my rebuilt half hip means my gait is rather wobbly!! I do remember you were on 2 crutches before so already that's an improvement. Glad you are all sorted in the toilet department! What we share on here........ The burning question for me is do you have a rear like KK??????
 
@Bevlah I must admit I am not really in any worse state mobility wise than pre op just feel a bit more cautious and tentative . Hopefully will get left done asap its not as bad as right was surgeon said he found loads of bone spurs and a large piece of floating bone when he went in, latest xray showed left not as bad get but will probably be going that way. Had some swelling and bruising start yesterday think that is quite normal though a lot of trauma gone on ! Butt not quite a KK yet but a bit enlarged, how is yours !? Not a question I usually ask a lady:blush: Hope you are having a good weekend. :wave:
 
Oh my stars...that hip sounds like it was disintegrating. HAS to be better when you get better. So glad it's finally out of there!
Hope your day is as comfortable as it can be at this stage.
Healing Mojo coming your way!:yes:
 
Very good news @mcopt. I think my knee ended up hurting more than the hip after surgery. Hope your walk outside is enjoyable. With current weather forecast here I doubt I will be walking outside this week after my new hip. Don’t mind walking in cold, but will not venture out with snow and ice.

Enjoy your Sunday. Don’t overdo it.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom