Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, zauberflöte 400 miles is quite a trip! I don't think that I could sit in a car that long. I'd definately have to lay across the back seat.
Poor hubby..he got PLUM tuckered out, didn't he??!!! :rotfl: ( clifford149 - that one was for you, too! :) )
 
zauberflöte. I know you are pre surgery, but I was much worse before than I am now. Having my feet propped up on all these pillows now that I'm home is annoying, and some muscles are tight, but before every time I hit a bump or pothole it hurt. You probably have smoother roads than we do.
 
LeeApril26 Oh I think I'm not nearly so bad off as you were....we only have the occasional pothole to China, and one worries about the car's alignment not the hips' if one hits a bump LOL. Our weather is not so extreme, so I'd say you win in the bad-roads contest heh heh.
ByGosh you are PLUMbing the depths of fruity humor here.....:rotfl:
 
Hi zauberflöte I decided to come over to the Preop side to see how you were doing as its not long now before your surgery I am so sorry I no idea that your mother in law had had a fall and sustained a fracture It sounds like she is on the mend now but it must have caused you and your husband a lot of anxiety. My mother who is also 89 had a fall a week gone yesterday but luckily no fracture just a big dent in her confidence.She remains in hospital. Are you still going to Cape Cod for your pre surgery vacation ?
 
well Kim22 good to see you here! My date is creeping up, yup! I remember your mother's fall-- how is her rehab progressing? My m-i-l is having no pain, eating sporadically, and being taken to PT, with the goal, I think, of getting her back on her walker. But the root cause, the blood pressure drop on standing up, will remain. She is a tough cookie, and will come home whnever they say she may-- she misses her Lucy-cat so VERY much. And Lucy misses her too.
I'm running out of time in the day to keep up with everybody!!! :sad: :tantrum: I'll run over to your recovery asap! :)
ByGosh and then our ratings will PLUMmet in the greater business community!!:rotfl: I crack me up.....
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!
from southernlandscapes.com...... we can plant alot of this plant and cover over many of our mistakes...." 'Plants' for $800, please":rotfl:
 
Love the photos of flowers... Great ground cover.. When I googled southerlandscapes.com it came up with a web site for Australia, lol
 
Poppet they're........... PLUMbagos!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea where the business is-- I'm just citing my source like a good citizen:ok:
C Mac ok did FIGaro eat them? Is that what made him sing and sing???
 
@everybody-- just a heads up-- if I'm not here much or even at all till Monday/Tuesday, I'm fine! :) Going on vacation, and it is obligatory that a cat get sick and need the vet, that I must do my pre-op 45 minutes from home, that a son require his work boots mailed to him (sheesh, they were on his FEET 2 days ago!!!!!! and he forgot them), another son needs administrative help with health insurance, and the poor Mr ZzzzzF is working his backside off, not at home. Oh yes, and the car, which was just at the shop last week, started acting up. Shop also 100 miles from here....
So. Plate's full. I'll try to check in briefly b/c I need to see clifford149 about a few tinned items.....
 
Hi zauberflöte What a busy time you are having I hope you have a lovely restful holiday See you when you get back.
Regards Kim
PS My mam getting better hoping to get home next week Just like your M I L she is a tough cookie
 
Try and relax, not always easy but hope you can!! Have a lovely time but we'll miss the jokes though so hurry back xx :)
 
LeeApril26 well..... I think I'll wait till bedtime, thanks anyway! :rotfl: Costco Sunsweet are better than ordinary grocery store Sunsweet!!
You should make a prune your avatar.......
 
Thank you Mamarey !
Busy morning! Sick cat= colitis and waiting on fecal results, maybe a parasite urg :-P:sick: Steroid and antibiotic and we'll see!
Both sons= temporarily sorted :) Car= runs fine after it's warmed up so heck with it! :)
Pre-op is where it got fun! I was right behind someone in the march around the hospital for each different test, and naturally we chatted. She found out what i was there for; turns out she was there for her second hip, same surgeon. She was a doctor's best advertisement-- so very excited about how well the first went, and couldn't wait for her second, 2 days later than me. She volunteered the following information: "I went back to work, had to wait till 4 weeks post-op because my job is unloading 18-wheelers so i have to be able to lift 2,000 pounds. if it was a desk job, you can go back to work in 2 weeks. You'll love it! " She repeated that I'd love it a number of times :) ( Josephine , are you believing this?? how could I not, when the evidence was sitting there right in front of me!! It worked for her, anyway!) Now she did not look like a stevedore, so I'm guessing she uses a fork lift, but still, that's a physically demanding job. She was saying exactly what the nurse (remember "J-J"?) said in joint class, and what the OS himself said. he did NOT say, "back to normal in 4 weeks", he said "back to normal activities in 4 weeks". Still... it's kinda exciting to think that maybe I can have a possible chance at what this lady, not 10 years younger than me, had! I was about to ask her about energy drain, but she got called in for the next test, and I didn't see her again.
No swabs of any sort. huh!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom