Guest viewing is limited

Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zauberflöte, wow!! I want what that lady had :). Thanks for the news - now I'm getting kind of excited! Glad the car runs, kids sorted for the moment and the cat..... hopes she/he is ok! :kittykiss:
 
I'm getting excited for you, I see your surgery is just over two weeks away! Not long now. Have a good holiday. :)
 
Hi zauberflöte, I wanted to thank you for the tip on Biotene! Although now that the nightly fever is gone, the dry mouth is much less an issue. But still, the Biotene might be good for other dry mouth times! I'll ask my husband to look for it at CVS!
I think the best thing I did for myself pre-op was to slide a bar of soap into the foot of an old pantyhose leg and tie that to the showerhead so that I don't lose the soap mid-shower! I remembered from last time that I never dropped the bar of soap as much as I did in those first few post-op weeks when I couldn't bend way over to pick it up! The soap-on-rope (or hose) thing has been really helpful this time!
 
zauberflöte wow that lady you met was some woman, to be back at such a demanding job at 4 weeks!! I feel that i'm doing really well and did go in at 4 weeks but not every day and certainly not to a heavy lifting job!! I'm now 7 weeks and my hip really does feel wonderful but I do still get really tired. Enjoy your break away with your lovely man, (hope he doesn't sleep all the time), and come back relaxed and ready for your operation. :)
 
zauberflöte Whew! I'm PLUM tuckered out just reading what you've had to go through to get everything all set for your well-deserved vacation! Have fun, hon. (Maybe the cat just get into some of your prunes??!! Sorry, just kidding. LOL Poor kitty, hope it's better soon.:kittykiss:
Enjoy yourselves!:)
 
Littlejem octopus ByGosh Songlady Elosarabrab hey everybody! I'm sittting out on the porch, looking out over a green yard full of dandelions in full bloom, and past that the blue blue BLUE water of Buzzards Bay. I am going to take a pic of it and try to post :) Today is the last forecast pretty day, all clouds and rain rom tomorrow on out.
Songlady, that soap-in-a-leg idea is priceless-- I may ahve to buy a cheap pair of panyhose (never wear the things) just to do that!
Barbara, octo, it's TWO WEEKS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! I am getting a little nervous, oh yes I'm not afraid to admit...
bygosh I guess the cat is ok-- haven't heard from the cat sitter :)

No, our problems have ben with the poor younger son who is down with a terrible cold at (a state-run disabled-program) school. There is some thing about if you are on campus but not in class, you are docked on your attendance. We are 800 miles away, and the only relative in the country may or may not be able to remove hij from campus so he can ahve sick leave and not be docked. but the staff are very good, they are working with us :) I pray it's ONLY a cold, and that he bounces back as he usually does :)
 
zauberflöte I hope you're having a wonderful vacation. Soak up the sunshine. I think everyone is a little nervous to think about surgery but when your day comes you will be ready. Truly the surgery will be exactly as you have read on the post side.
 
zauberflöte Enjoy your lovely view and your little get away! Even if it rains, it's still better than the same old routine at home. Sorry to hear about your son. I do hope he's on the mend soon. I'm sure you're very effective at advocating for him, whatever he needs, Mom.
I was also getting nervous pre-op, but kept myself busy with packing and preparing and making sure the house was all set. I was in alot of pain, so I was ready and just accepted the fact that it had to be done. Just think of how you're going to feel great once it's over! It will be such a relief for you. And it'll be smooth sailing, too, just like those boats in the bay you're watching! :)
 
zauberflöte, I was really nervous before my first hip was done, 3 years ago. In fact, I planned the surgery for Easter Monday so that I would be distracted by preparing all the Easter music (I'm a church organist and choir director) and would have less time to be nervous! But you know a lot of the ups and downs from reading in here, so you're as well prepared as can be!
I had kept all the assistive gadgets so I was all set for this time: the sock-putter-onner-thing, grabbers, cane, walker (borrowed) and toilet risers. The soap-in-a-(panty)hose was my one improvement!
I hope your son recovers quickly. It's always something with kids, isn't it? (Or aging mothers, as is my issue at the moment!)
Enjoy the Cape! I'm in southern CT, so wave if you pass by on the highway....
 
Glad to hear your holiday is going well. Winter is truly on its way here with a huge storm Sunday & Monday, then we were back to summer on Tuesday and today back to winter with rain, rain and more rain. Crazy weather here.

I hear you about the nerves. The best thing I did for the day before was have a couple of my favourite things lined up, a massage and a movie. It was a good way to pass the day. Do you know what time your surgery is scheduled?
 
zauberflöte, have a great vacation. I hope your son is ok. Also, you're having anterior approach, so you won't have bending restrictions after your surgery-- you'll probably need slip on shoes for the first week or two, but you shouldn't need all the appliances except for a cane and possibly crutches-- you'll see how you do in the hospital. I left with a cane and was walking around the house without it after a few days. I just used it outside in public places for the first couple of weeks, especially when the weather was bad, and really because I wanted people to stay away from me. XO
 
Keep enjoying your holiday, sounds like a beautiful place, hope you get to post a photo! Fingers crossed your boy is ok very soon and not getting penalised!!
 
Littlejem BarbaraR octopus Songlady ByGosh sandybeach LeeApril26 thanks everybody! Son's "real" advisor came back from being sick herself and apologized for all the, what should she call it, "confusion" yestarday-- all he needs to do is rest and get better; all we need to do is enjoy this vacation. HUGE sigh of relief. He may need the antibiotic he has a script for, but he's young and healthy, he'll get over whatever it is :)
Songlady what a brilliant choice of Easter Monday-- but you must have been totally exhausted! Going to the hospital to have a new hip must have been a picnic after Holy Week!!! LOL
BarbaraR got the cane-- same one as yours, they never use crutches, going to work on a hand=me-down walker which needs a whole can of WD-40. I'm told by the pre-op interview nurse that i'll want a raised commode..I think I can borrow one of those too. my mother wants me on a walker till I'm 70, it seems. LOL
octopus I learned today that my surgery will likely be one of the first morning ones, due to my latex allergy. I was hoping for an early one!
ByGosh oh I'm ready, just nervous LOL.
[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies! hey it worked! Click to see larger size. My feet, my "footstool", and the view! The water is kind of spoiled by the child-safe mesh on the porch rail, but you get the idea...
 
You sound like you are having a good holiday. Nice to get some rest, looking back I can't believe how tired I was pre surgery. I'm a bit tired now, but not exhausted. Good news on the surgery time, I was second on the list and it was great, not much time to stress about it.
 
zauberflöte. The photo looks beautiful, and it seems like the weather is ok there. We are getting buckets of rain- 3.5 inches yesterday, and loads more today. Hope you still have sunshine in Buzzard's bay?
 
octopus LeeApril26 Littlejem glad you enjoyed my photo! No, that pic was taken on the last totally sunny day. Weather has been on-and--off cloudy/sun-ish since then, and right this minute we have a gigantic thunderstorm approaching from the south-west. Gonna curdle my Cape Cod 40% less fat potato chips! (crisps, I bet you don't have them this good in UK!)
This morning I scrubbed down a walker and a raised commode seat, both belonging to my late grandmother-in-law, who died maybe 20 years ago. This is her house we stay in. I may have the only examples of those items "Made In The USA" in my op-day joint class!!! Now all I need is a tiny shower stool and a soap-on-a-pantyhose, and I'm set!!
Warning to any who are advised that putting one of those suction-cup grab bars in your tiled bath is a good idea-- it ain't! Architect Mr ZzzzzzzsleptuntillnoontodayF says that tiled walls are not meant to take that kind of stress, and the tiles may come off in your hand!:yikes: fall down go boom, ouchie!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom