Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Littlejem Here it is 3:30am in the US and I'm wide awake! :sigh: You must be enjoying your morning coffee by now. :mcoffee: I read that you were up since 6am, trying to sleep on your side. It's hard to get comfy and toss and turn all night. Now we'll both be tired and crabby tomorrow--"knackered" as Audball says.

Try to take a nap later so you don't get worn out.:zzz: I probably will! If I ever fall back to sleep. G'Night.
 
ByGosh I think we'll both definitely need a nap or yes we'll both be completely knackered!! :heehee:
zauberflöte guess what I've found.......................a brownie recipe with prunes!!! I though I read that someone had started off a recipe thread and I was going to post it but I can't find it, do you know if there is one?
 
Bygosh say knackered out loud... it feels good. "I'm knackered! " lol
Chris where are you???????......... The best sleep I had in ages in hospital. Less noise than at home, people feeding me. Canny ask for more. Ahhhh
 
Littlejem said: ↑
zauberflöte guess what I've found, a recipe for brownies with prunes!!!!!!!!!!!! :heehee: I'll look for the recipe page and add it. Janet​

Littlejem zauberflöte That's too funny!:rotfl: I was teasing clifford149 about the prune and plum thread, and I found a Tom Thumb Cake recipe with plums in it. Now brownies with prunes, that's a whole other thing! I would definitely try baking it, and eating it, too.

Audball "knackered, knackered, knackered, knackered!" You're absolutely right, it does feel good saying it outloud. My family loves the word. :)
 
Hee hee hee....
Oh prune Brownies. .. I need to try that. Last night I made a choc cake. My aunt in NZ gave me a recipe for a lemon yoghurt cake then asked can I get lemons and plai yoghurt at this time of year. Lol..... I'm only in Scotland.
 
Audball mmmmmmm lemon yogurt cake sounds so delicious. I love lemon. We can get them anytime of year here, can't you? Littlejem mentioned a recipe thread someplace on this forum. That would be one to post! Maybe the recipes are in the social room? Poppet may know.
 
There is a recipe thread in the Social Room under Cooking and Recipe something or other.
Yes I found this one too but it says it's being overhauled and changed also it hasn't been used in a while so that's not where the other brownie recipes went to!! I'll write in the recipe here so you an see it.
100g ready to eat prunes - chopped
6 tbsp apple juice
175g plain chocolate - chopped
4 eggs - beaten
300g dark brown sugar
150g plain flour
Method
Pre heat oven to 180c - gas mark 4 Line 23cm square tin with baking parchment.
1/ put prunes and apple juice into pan, cover and simmer for 10 mins, stir occasionally until soft. Stir well to make puree.
2/ Stir chocolate into prunes until melted - set aside.
3/ Beat eggs and sugar together for 5 mins until foamy. fold in prune mix and seived flour.
4/ Pour into tin and bake for 30 mins or until brownies are cooked through
5/ Cut into 16 squares and serve - enjoy!!
 
Oh @Littlegem Now you're taxing my mind! I have to convert all of your metric measurements to US measurements. Time to google that on the internet, me thinks. I have no idea how many cups in 300g brown sugar, etc. But I must say, they sound delicious, and good for what ails us, if you know what I mean......:heehee:
 
zauberflöte guess what I've found, a recipe for brownies with prunes!!!!!!!!!!!! :heehee: I'll look for the recipe page and add it. Janet​

zauberflöte guess what I've found.......................a brownie recipe with prunes!!! I though I read that someone had started off a recipe thread and I was going to post it but I can't find it, do you know if there is one?​

Chris where are you???????......... The best sleep

Yes I found this one too but it says it's being overhauled and changed also it hasn't been used in a while so that's not where the other brownie recipes went to!!
Well folks, I's quoted a bunch of other things too but lost them...
I'm Fine, thanks Littlejem , Audball ,just had to tend to real life for a few days. Son came home for the weekend on short notice, here's my story:
Friday i drove 400 miles. The first 195 miles i danced in my car seat to broken link removed: https://www.laufman.org/Audio/FarewellToWhiskeyMoneyMusk.mp3
I couldn't believe that i kept up the dancing for nearly 3 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's all those gluteus maximus, gluteus minimus, gluteus mediumus, gluteus popcornimus exercising I'm doing, I guess :heehee: While driving/seat-dancing, I realized something absolutely wonderful! In a year's time, or maybe less, I CAN CONTRADANCE AGAIN!!!!!!
So anyway, son was a t home for the weekend and i didn't get much computer fun time.
I think the brownie recipes are on BarbaraR 's thread, what is it, Home from the hospital and looking forward to Yoga? but ya know? Choccy bungs you up... me anyway....

Thanks all for partying here while I was away-- it's nice to come home to the lights on and music and friends :) :) :) Not to mention brownies and prunes... :) LOL
 
I love turning up the radio and car dancing. ... but not with hubby in the car. Lol. I mean..... you have to sing as you dance.
 
Audball I can't sing any more-- turns into a coughing fit very very soon :sad: `And, on a nother topic altogether.... when you do a cyberhug, you're supposed to put the person INSIDE it LOL so it doesn't look like something rude:rotfl: Like so! ((((audball))) there, see?-- you feel sooooo much better now!LOL
 
zauberflöte. sorry for the delay in responding. I was having my hip replaced this weekend-:). Now I'm looking up prune recipes with everyone else on this side. Can't believe you drove 400 miles let alone danced the whole way. I was pretty proud to get down the stairs.
 
Can't believe you drove 400 miles let alone danced the whole way. I was pretty proud to get down the stairs.
Remember-- I haven't had my hip done yet!! So I avoided any moves that hurt my hip, and am still waiting to be sore-- guess I'm not gonna be! PS hubby drove the last 100 miles, even though he was tireder than me-- we pulled intot he driveway and he put his head down on the steering wheel and fell asleep then and there! Mr ZzzzzzzzzzzF poor guy :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom