Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already like her! I want to meet her too!
I did think of trying to hook the two of you up on here, but she was mobbed after class. You and she would disagree significantly on some points, for example, a guy asked how long he should expect to wait before he felt back to normal, and she said, "ohhhh, say 2-3 weeks." and went on to tell of 2 surgeons who'd had hips, one was in the staff lounge drinking coffee the next morning, the other was playing golf at 2 months. No mention of ice, rest, or elevation. OTOH she was trying to get through 5 hours of material in 3 hours, too.
 
I wanna know why you husband is so tired he's fallin asleep at your meetiing.........................whatca been doin to him!!!!
I quite agree with the 'take as many tablets as often as you can' attitude!!!
 
Sounds like you had a fabulous time, and a good way to help with pre-op nerves.
Won't be long now.
 
My husband fell asleep:zzz: more than once!! he embarrassed me cos he was the only spouse/helper who fell asleep!! He said he usually doesn't fall asleep at morning meetings. He says he was really looking for advice on "the care and feeding of wives who have had new hips put in". I say, bad hubby, no brownies!!

Hi Chris,

I'm sure he was just a little sleepy from staying up late watching cooking shows so that he will excel at the 'care and feeding' of his newly bionic wife. :)

Not too much longer now and we'll find you on the other side all ready to go!

Take care,
Cardie
 
Thanks all! No, the poor man is so sleep deprived that as I type, 9:41am, he is over at his computer supposed to be working, and his head is dropped nearly to his lap. I do worry for him. :sad:
 
Ohh poor boy what have you been doing to him, making use of his body!!!! :wink: :yes:
 
Littlejem you are incorrigible!!!!! No, he gets about 5 hours of C-PAP assisted sleep a night, but I'm not sure that was the solution. He just thinks he's superman, is all. Sigh. Also thinks he's 30. Well, he sure acts more 30 than I do LOL.
 
Yes, how exciting, you are down to a matter of weeks now, not months! :dancy:
 
A husband that thinks he's 30, that's awesome, mines 64 but sometimes thinks he's 94!! :sad:
No long for you now, when you say it's 3 weeks Tuesday it's almost here!! Hey who knows my surgeon might be able to get me in the week after for number 2!! :scare: :what: :umm: :)

Did you decide what to do about your bed? x
 
BarbaraR thanks! M-i-l is rehabbing in a nursing home, I should call her today and see how things are.
TeeEm no, I just gently leaned into him-- didn't want to be too obvious:wink:
Littlejem Bed-- well, the memory foam lost its stink after a cumulative 10-12 days out in the dry sunshine. Lots of cumulative pollen, too, but I was clever and had it covered with a sheet (also avoids the bird factor...). So I will put it on Mr Zzzzzzz's bed and give that a try. Wonder if he will like my water bed? It's been 6 years since he had one too, slosh slosh but oh-so-warm in the winter, like your own personal hydro only dry of course LOL.
 
zauberflöte. Gee, I thought I was married to Superman! Guess there are a few of them. My Man of Steel snores, so I'm the one getting five hours sleep-allergies though, not apnea. Your joint class was more amusing than mine-fine, but not funny. I keep trying to look for funny things on Netflix to distract myself from pre surgical jitters. The stand-up comedians from the 60s/70s do not seem funny to me now.
 
Hey zauberflöte and LeeApril26 I've been getting my own back on my old man, because I have to sleep on my back at the moment, I've been snoring!!! :heehee: Good you haven't got a smelly bed now hope its been worth all the trouble and you find it comfortable and he's got a warm sloshy hydro bed.............fair swap!!
Did you find our how MIL was??
 
smrt2run too funny.... and he's probably younger than me! Poor guy, but he was sweet to go with you, for sure!
LeeApril26 we went through the snoring thing for 6-7 years, and I finally made him go sleep in the basement, no kidding. One of my kids thought that dads always slept in the basement, and he was shocked when I let the poor man back upstairs! Not only did he snore, he kicked and flapped in his sleep-- I was a wreck!!!! LOL
Littlejem thanks-- I called her room this morning and got no-one, so both she and her minder must have been at PT. I'll call again, and Mr Zzzzzzzzzz is in that city at work now, so he will go by and visit tonight. No news is good news, tho :)
 
Chris,
Glad that your Mother-in-Law is on the mend. You soon will be on your vacay :)
 
zauberflöte I bet your hubby doesn't get a good quality sleep with that C-PAP thingie. (Although they are supposed to work wonders) Not enough of the deep REM maybe. Either that or he just needs more REV instead of REM! Poor chap - hard worker, he is.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom