Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zauberflöte the cicada are so loud aren't they!! We regularly visit a friends place in southern Spain and if you sit out in the evening they are almost deafening!! Don't know that I'd want to be picking them up though some of those little blighters are huge, you were a brave little girl octopus!!
 
Hee hee, that must have been just before I learnt to fear bugs Littlejem , I think if I came across them now I'd be indoors with the door shut. Notice I am using a spade, not my fingers. :heehee:
 
Well I guess it just takes a very special type of mother *eye roll*:whistle: to bring up kids who like cicadas, and give you their shells for presents even after they're grown and flown!
 
I'm ok with spiders and my friend regularly calls me to remove one as she's so frightened, but big heavyweight things like cicadas are a no, no.................yeah you're right I'm pathetic!!! :heehee:
It's 4:30am in the UK and my husband is snoring like a steam train, it was either hit him or give up and get up!!
 
Littlejem heh. Cicadas do NOT creep into your house and into your bed or folded clothing or across your ceiling just before you fall asleep or drop on their little silk thread from your car ceiling aiming for your shoulder at 70mph. Cicadas are very well housebroken-- I have never ever had one in the house, and they definitely don't bite!:rotfl:
Edit: I take that back. The cats will occasionally leave me a dead one on the floor.... ho hum....
 
Well the Spanish ones are not housebroken and the little b8gg8rs often come into the house!! :sad:
Maybe I need to take Henry with me next time to round them up and give them a quick chew!! :heehee:
 
Well, talk about a reality check. My 89 yr old mother-in-law fell this afternoon while we were visiting her. End result: She broke her trochanter, and tomorrow she is to have a whatever they call it when they put a pin in , and a stem down the femur. It's way too late and been way too long a day for me to remember the name now. She will then have a matched pair. Anyway, I got to see the quality of care at a hospital in the same group as the one I will be using. ER=terrible pain management. Upstairs in a room= much better care all round. Poor baby, she was miserable.

On a much brighter note, @anybody who has a tablet running Android, now I know how you, at any rate, can get that umlaut over my "o"!!! Or any other letter variations on letters, I think. On the virtual keyboard, press and hold the "o", and 4 choices will appear. Tap the one you want, and hey presto there's an "Ö"!!!!! My son offered to lend me his tablet for the hospital. I had a ball playing with it. Obviously, this was before the fall......

I got up at 6:15am, drove 100 miles, had this very long day, then drove another 100 miles back home, arriving at 11:20pm. Good night all!:sleep: I hope!
 
zauberflöte wow what a day you had and not a good one!! I hope your poor mum-in-law gets through her operation today ok, will you have to go back there today or later in the week? Poor lady she must have been so frightened! I'm glad you were impressed with the care though, both for yours and her sake.
I trust you rested well and are feeling ok today? xx
 
Poor Mum, I hope she is ok.. Not fun at any age let alone 89...

Rest up from your trip :)
 
Littlejem Poppet BarbaraR Elosarabrab Thanks yall for the support! She was scheduled for noon, it's 2:26pm, and I haven't heard a thing yet.... just a tad nervous. Or, hubby's phone died-- that would be like him and much more comforting to me. Janet, she didn't seem frightened-- she has dementia, so tends to forget things to be scared of. She was (may I say it here? We'll find out!) pi$$ed! She was soooo mad at herself for falling! She was cussing herself out.
I was so wired that i didn't go to bed till 2am. Then there was the dad-blagged cat at 6:15. I'll make it LOL. I will hang out here, eat lunch, and try to catch up with 53 alerts. Ha. ha. hah. It will sort of be like when you can't reconcile your checkbook with what the bank says, so you (I, at least) stop using that account for about 10 days, and then just go with what the bank says. Who wants to quibble over $1.29?:umm:
Edit: Not nervous about m-i-l any more-- they took her down to prep 2 hours late and dear hubby didn't tell me................
 
sqwerlie thanks! m-i-l has 24/7 professional caretakers, so there would have been someone there to call 911, but yes, it was good that we were there. I hope to go to bed early tonight.... :) :zzz:
 
I hope that there is some sunshine in your day today. Falls are a scary thing. My Father tripped in his garage a year ago and broke his neck. He was lucky to have survived and not paralyzed. Had to have surgery to fuse C1-C4
So easy to take our health for granted until we lose it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom