TKR Hi. Glad I found you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jerseygirl-in-ca you are lucky you can go in the water I am not allowed yet which is frustrating as I swam before and use to walk up and down pool
infection all gone now phew just getting back to normal but feel like I have fallen behind but like I said I am taking the scenic route
I really think we push ourselves to early the swelling was/is still bad on my knee but it is beginning to feel more comfortable and that has been no exercise for about a week
 
@kneeper I don't know if you saw the post I just did a couple above this on how I missed an appt with my pt and how much better my leg is doing. I even went to the pool today. Worked out walking and doing exercises. A huge improvement. I agree, Gentle is better.
 
I went to the pool today. I was trying to remember my exercises. When I came home I looked on line and found this. Some good stretches. Am going again tomorrow.
broken link removed: https://blog.hydroworx.com/index.php/2013/01/14/aquatic-therapy-rehabilitation-for-total-knee-replacement/
 
@vallee I was supposed to be able to go weeks ago but my stitches ripped in pt so didn't want to risk it. Sounds like we both had some stalls but soon we will both be past this point!
 
@jerseygirl-in-ca Sorry I haven't been on sooner, life got hectic got hubby home Saturday then Sunday a friend came and spent the night and most of Monday with us, then Monday evening we had our grandson. Glad to hear you are doing better! Hubby is having it rougher this knee, he overdid it in the hospital because the knee was doing so good, and then with company the pain isn't being controlled very well. Today he has mainly been icing and elevating and at 3pm the pain was finally down to a 4. Pt might be here tomorrow, but she is the same one as with his first knee, and is very gentle so I'm not too worried about it. I really am glad that you are taking better care of your knee, don't let anyone mess it up.

@vallee glad your swelling is starting to get better, take it easy on your knee. Don't let them make it swell again.
 
@sjnyc323 No one was more shocked than i was. I found hat is all they allow for Military and the hospital did not address it in time. GRRRRR worse that that mine was not a standard tkr. I was vomiting as well.
 
@tiredwife Sorry to hear your life is even more hectic and hubby is having some issues. Mine started with a home pt being too rough and then my current pt. Glad to hear you have a good pt for him. What are you going to try to bring the pain down even more for him?

I started water today. Sure feels better.
 
@vallee As far as "incision" there is a thread where you post a picture of your scar. I think that is one area I am lucky. Mine looks really good. and was stitched. I will take a pic and post it. I am one week and a day ahead of you so you are not behind much if at all. It is not a race but a journey to recovery. I say these things better than I live them.
 
@jerseygirl-in-ca We are just doing a lot of elevating and icing and not much else. The exercises can start after the pain is better controlled. He takes his highest dosage of his meds 2 pills every 4 hours around the clock, even waking him a night for them. It is slowly getting better, today he has mainly been about a 4 in pain (except for the spikes) that is a lot better than the 5 and 6 he had been having. Not letting him do anything that doesn't need done and trying to limit his trips up and down the stairs. You take care of yourself and your knee and have a great night.
 
SO, I had my total knee replacement Tuesday and was released Wed at noon. A rough night last night as they had me on a good pain med protocol and you only go home with 5 mg percocet pills every 4 to 6 hours, (even if you can take 2) I was able to get the spinal this time. Makes a huge difference. Even with that, I was sick as a dog with an upset stomach even with all that compazine. Had my mua. Dr was able to break the adhesions. Said I had them front and back. Am going to the same place for pt but talked to the manager and told him the girl was too aggressive for me. He is giving me a different pt. A woman he said is very gentle.
 
Hi @jerseygirl-in-ca,
I have been reading your thread and I can't believe how brave you have been! I have only had the one TKR on July 2 with Valgus deformity and femoral stabilization too but I stayed in hospital for 3 weeks!!!!!
I am sending you healing wishes and hope that you have some plain sailing from here xx I take my hat off to you.
Love from Deb
 
@happymum Thanks so much for your kind words. Trust me, I doubt I would have left in one day if not forced to by Insurance. We are ruled by that here. I am determined to not have as much of an issue with this MUA of my right leg and the LTKR. It is nice (not really nice but comforting in a strange way) to find someone with the same issue. Knowing all the cutting and sewing inside we went through is hard to complain. My DR told my husband he didn't have to do as much with cutting ligaments in the new surgery as the last. I guess it is better I do not know everything he did or I would feel each one. LOL

So how are you doing now??? Swelling issues at all?

Jamy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom