TKR Hi. Glad I found you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamy,
Yes I even had the meniscus tear too. I did have lots of swelling and bruising after my tkr as well as a significant hematoma under my patella. Hence the long stay in rehab. I have some sort of inflammatory arthritis as well as osteoarthritis. However I am doing well now but I still have swelling and bruising so I only have a bend of 95 but I am working on that. :) I am still on all pain meds.
Please, take it easy, rest, ice, elevate, eat yummy foods and try to get some peaceful sleep.
Take care x
 
@happymum
Deb Wow it sounds exactly like we had the same condition. I am doing genealogy and found I have much family in your country and NZ. Who knows. We may be related. Ha! Ha!
 
So a day short of three weeks. I have ten times the pain with this leg than the other and the other was a very difficult and extensive. I keep saying that there is a pulling and pain in the knee and needles in my knee and leg and... so today the two middle steri strips came off. There is a deep dimple and clearly the incision stitches were sewn to something beneath on my shin. Wouldn't that be the patella tendon? The closing stitches this surgery were not good. I am not sure sure who closed. It is usually the assistant DR What do I do?
 
@jerseygirl-in-ca I know my husband's OS did the sewing on his, he is very good at it! I think you need to call your OS about your stitch, sooner they take care of it the better.
 
@jerseygirl-in-ca .... I'm just now catching up to your thread. Sorry. Are you still having issues with your incision? Have you been in contact with your surgeon's office? That would be the first place to start.
 
@jerseygirl-in-ca I hope you are feeling better and have had your incision checked out. I have read some of your thread and hope you have had some relief from your pain. We are the same age and have had both of our knees done so I feel we share something and can offer understanding. I had my knees done at the same time January 2014 just 10 months ago and am doing well now. I worked very hard in my PT and did everything I needed to do. This site and the others here guided me when I did too much or was being pushed by physical therapist to stop and listen to my knees and do what I needed. Very good advice. I hope you will get some answers from your OS about your tightness in the incision and why your shin hurts. Hope we can share stories and support each other. Take care.
 
@newkneesNH
Thanks for the note. The injury to the leg his girl never let me get to him. It s now since beginning of September and all I heard was take 3 ibuprofin.Then with the leg not moving from a stich that went straight in and a really bad sewing job in general. I called never heard back/. Demanded to speak with him. He said come in was so busy covering her that he didn't exam anything but that one stitch. Now it is Nov, moving the left leg is so painful on the back of leg and when I try it pulls that kneecap wrong. Gads, Not good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom