THR Here I go again!

Evening everybody. Been doing good since Fri. Walking more without the cane today. No pain pill to start the day. Been cleaning this evening, just not up to do much till now. Gotta a guy coming in the morning to set traps for the groundhog under my house, darn varmits. PT in the afternoon, hope things go well. Get a plan to loosen the muscles and tendons only for now since I'll be back to work next Mon. Walking and standing for half a day for two weeks I figure will be enough. I do want to get back to living more now. I do wish it didn't "have to" include work. Like the saying goes "wish in one hand and :holysheep: in the other", you know the rest. I do enjoy what I do and the people I work with. That's what keeps me going to work. I just got so much to do at home just to live here with comfort and peace of mind. Got lawn mower guy lined up to keep my drive clear come winter. Figure I can do the rest up to the house. I ramble here so I don't burden my family with what plays on my mind. I do love my job, family and friends and it is all good even when it's not! Keep you're chins up smile big, make them all wonder what you know that they don't :egypdance:
 
Morning to you all. Nice clear skies, beautiful breeze. Groundhog guy set the trap, hope it's trapped by tomorrow so I get holes filled in. Getting around pretty good, a bit stiff getting started the first hour. Still had to take pain pill so I could walk the varmit guy around the house. I don't have to take another pill later, just to get moving in the morning. This will get fazed out as I get back into work. Gotta a "honeydo" list for a buddy to get things ready for winter. Enjoy your day or evening wherever you are. I'll give an update after PT this afternoon, fingers crossed!
 
Good morning, @julesglass. I am assuming this week will feel a little wistful as you prepare for the return to work next Monday. Make sure you're good and rested up. Sounds like you're lining up help to prepare for the upcoming winter months which is smart. Although I'm betting you'll feel increasingly less stiff and more limber and less discomfort as the months go by, with the return to work I'm guessing exhaustion will be a problem for awhile until recovery is further along and you've settled back into the new and more active life pattern. I suspect all the work that needs to be done can feel a bit overwhelming when you consider everything, but it doesn't all have to get done at once so my hope is your list can be prioritized so that critical things get done first and then others after that. A slow and steady progression forward for you and your house! Have a good day.
 
Ugh! Prep for Winter. It sounds so depressing, doesn't it. But, we must be prepared.
Thankfully we have some beautiful weather and sights and scents of nature to enjoy before Old Man Winter arrives. Wishing you the best with your PT session today. Tell us all about it later. :wink:
@julesglass
 
Afternoon to all in hippie land. Got trap set for that varmit and then off to PT. There was a student there that's two years in college at Creighton University in Omaha. She worked with me under guidance of course. Went through the ROM evaluation along with resistant strength on both sides. She asked if I wanted a massage first or exercises, massage first of course. Oh boy :shocked: the IT Band is tight! She was gentle and massage with a rubber ball until it let up some. Moved on to the on your back, big rubber ball under ankles moving ball out and back for 10 reps. Then laying with ball under the knees rolling side to side. I like that one. Did some foot slides sitting. I think that's the one others have problems with. I'll watch that one, just in case. Then stand, holding chair moving legs out to the side. Last one, rock back and forth from toes to heels. Oh yeah, sitting and standing "without" using hands. I will defiantly watch that one. It went really well and I asked to work her for my other appointments. The guy that hurt me awhile back is still there, I'll watch him also. I was able to walk much better coming out than going in. I pick up a big rubber ball in the toy department for home. Pick one with a sloth riding a surfboard. :eyebrows: Take care all!
 
@julesglass sounds like a pretty decent PT session, a lot of the exercises they had you do are what the therapist that I originally had would have me do and agree that I usually felt better on way out.

Hope your return to work doesn't tire you too much. I understand the missing folks you work with, some of my soon to be ex co-workers are really nice folks and enjoyed hanging out and giggling when we could.

Love the picture on the ball you got! :heehee:
 
catching up on your thread, @julesglass! Love the ball with a sloth on a surfboard :rotfl:
Good luck with your return to work, is it a phased return? I've been phasing back in and some days the exhaustion is Real !!
For me, getting to my studio and working a bit was a big help. Lifted my spirits- hope you can say the same.

Enjoy your last several days, sounds like you are. :flwrysmile:
 
Always nice to read about a positive, helpful PT session, @julesglass. Sounds like this therapist is a "keeper" and I hope they let you work with her from here on out. Sounds like you're doing well as you are gearing back to your return to work. Fingers and toes crossed that the return will go well and not completely wipe you out.
 
Thanks @Barbaraj. She being a student I know it will come to an end. As long as she is there I will "keep" her. I did my exercises last night and found the floor really hard. I'm going to put a small pillow under my lower back tonight since my back is hurting a little more than usual. Got an appointment for Lucy at vet school. Their booked till mid Oct is the only bummer. Going to get fridge cleaned up before shopping tomorrow. Gotta space "big" chores through out the week. Got the bathroom done yesterday. That I took two days because I changed toilet lid out, and cleared out under the sink. I've gotten pretty good at spacing this chores. I was looking at the PT exercises they gave and realized there's no stretches. I'll Google that as I massage my IT band. Haven't got that groundhog yet and the cantaloupe bait is nasty now. I don't want to question the "expert", however I'm starting to. Well you all take care, catch ya later! :wink:
 
You're an ambitious one, Jules
It sounds like you're in the midst of some serious Spring cleaning, lol. It seems like you had a good PT session, massage included. It certainly helps to have a PT you like. I had two. I liked one, the other....not so much. Hope you and Lucy have a great day, aside from cleaning the fridge!
@julesglass
 
Afternoon all. I'm relaxing with heat pad on my back and took pain pill. Fri PT did not go as well as Tues. Had me on a stationary bike on the lowest resistance which still was alot and I know that strained my back. She massaged IT band along with some gentle massage on the back. Told me the whole area back, thigh glutes are really tight. I had planned a cook out with my daughter and family in the evening. I was sore from PT so I rested before shopping for that. Boy I was really sore in the back after that. Man it was really bad by the time they got here. It was a good time with the kids, bubbles for little ones and fun with my sloth ball. With work coming Monday I'm not doing the bike again. I'll let her know just the first exercises with some stretches along with the massage for now. Next week is her last before heading back to college. I told them about bonesmart and to check it out. I did let them know that there are many that report bad experience with PT in recovery along with many good. I'll have PT Monday and Friday after work next week. You all take it easy, keep on keeping on!
 
Oh, dear, @julesglass--sorry the last session of PT didn't help and, it unfortunately sounds like, it aggravated your back pain. If you feel it was the bike that triggered this pain, seems like a smart idea to avoid that for now. I hope Monday's PT, with just massage and some gentle stretches, will be effective and get you back on track. Rest up this weekend, with work on Monday you want to be feeling better and stronger--I see ice and a lot of resting in your future this weekend. Take care.
 
Aww, jules, so sorry you are in pain. Hopefully the meds and heat are helping. I'll bet the lively interactions with the little ones served as a temporary distraction from the pain. Please take it easy on PT next Monday and Friday so there's no repeat of the discomfort you've dealt with.

On behalf of BoneSmart, thank you kindly for spreading the word on this great resource. It's much appreciated. Wishing you a peaceful, pain free weekend!
@julesglass
 
Morning to you all. Well I got 4 half days of work under my belt. It has been a bit rough given the back pain ramps up after 2 1/2 hrs. It takes about an hour to get ready for work. Taking care of Lucy and the cat, stretches, massage and pain pill then off to work. PT is going well though I don't think I need a new exercise every time I come in. I'm going to a therapist massage this afternoon. I'm hoping along with PT it will get me closer to that horseback ride. Keep on keeping on it's all good even when it's not! :walking:
 
I know what you mean about the getting ready with all the animals to care for and walk. Happy for you that PT is going well. It is truly a tough one going back to work though isnt it!
 
Well, it sounds like you've "survived" four days of work and that's a pretty great accomplishment, @julesglass! Hurray for you. You have a lot on your plate with work, animals and tending to yourself and recovery. I hope you're able to take this coming weekend and just veg out. I hope this afternoon's massage will feel fabulous and set the tone for a good weekend. Happy Friday!
 
Afternoon, The massage was good. I'm glad I went and going again next week. He worked on all those sore muscles, they screamed and he adjusted technic so not as painful. Felt alot better after an hour session. I checked out some trekking poles info and decided to get me a set to help with walking. I like the idea of rubber tip for street walking. Well, off to parent's house for pizza and talk to Dad about trekking poles to help him with his back issues. Take care you all!
 
TGIF! :)
I'll bet you're all relaxed after your massage.
Enjoy pizza with your parents and have a great weekend!
@julesglass
 
It was a great afternoon and evening with the folks.:curtsey: I didn't talk to Dad after all, he seemed rather drained. The pain he's dealing with along with not able to do anything is hard on him. I'm going over again tomorrow for lunch, I'll show him some YouTube videos on walking poles. Mine will come by next weekend. This morning has been a little slow getting around. I went to check out a side job this morning on a chandelier needing new glass. The couple forgot I was coming so rescheduled for this afternoon. I'm relaxing with heat pad on the back having my third coffee waiting for pain pill to kick in so I can do the dreaded dishes and laundry. :nah: Fired the pest control guy, 3 weeks and couldn't catch that varmint. Neighbor's Dad is going to set a trap for me. He has caught lots of critters from beaver to groundhogs. Figure he know more about doing it than a bug guy. Well, time to get this day rolling I'm burning daylight! Take care we are winning the race!!:bicycle2:
 
Happy Sunday, @julesglass, but do take care--if you're taking pain pills and using a heating pad, doesn't that suggest you need to be resting up a bit more? I know you've got a bit of the "energizer bunny" approach to your life and with the return to work your home time is more limited. But do take care of yourself and that includes rest which is still an important "thing to do" on your ever growing list of things you want to accomplish.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom