THR Here I go again!

Stiffness but no pain, you are indeed making progress @julesglass. Your granddaughter sounds like a sweetie, careful of grandma's new hip and a lovely companion--fun weekend! You're doing great, so keep up that good work.

Your weekend sounded so nice, grands are wonderful!! :loveshwr: I haven't seen mine for a year,, too many things happened in 2019.. can't wait to rectify that. (They live out of state) You are making good progress and loved how you described the differences between walking with and without the cane. Sounds much like my progress 2 weeks ago. I bet, like me, you see a lot of improvement in the next weeks.

Hi @julesglass
It sounds like you had a great time with your grandughter, patient grandma that you are, sitting, walking and running water to her for two hours while she hung out with a new friend.

It is encouraging that you're doing well after much walking on Sunday and important that you continue using an assistive device until you're no longer limping. You may want to consider Magnesium for the quivering you describe.
Magnesium supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)

An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

Hopefully once your gait improves and you lose the cane, your back discomfort will ease also.
Best wishes for a great week!

What a lovely weekend you have had ! It sounds like you are doing great. Hopefully those muscles will loosen up soon !

Evening everybody. Just got back from my 7th week check up. Everything looks great and good to go. Got work release for Sept 9th, referral for PT and one more script for pain pills. Talked to him about my outer thigh and knee issue along and muscles along the back of my pelvic. He figured body is still adjusting to new gait, thought some PT for six weeks would help. I do have OA in my back along with scoliosis. It still would be nice after both hips done now some of that back pain would subside. Got a step tracker ordered to see how far I walk at work and at home walking. Took Lucy to the vet, got stitches out and had xrays done for her headquarters. Joints look good, a little arthritis in one knee. Can't figure what's going on with her limping. There's a veterinary school 2hrs out, he said I could take her there. I'll take her there, hope they can help her with laser therapy or something. I got to get her better so she can walk with me, she's my bully girlfriend. Hope everyone is having a good week, take care and keep on keeping on!:walking:

:hi: @julesglass
Back to work on righty's 3 year hipversary.:tada:
I had lots of lingering back issues up to 6 months out...but things did get better and better afterwards.
Have been doing some targeted PT now for SI joint issues but I really feel more confident doing this now...wanted to make sure those hips were "well established " before creating stress on anything.
People say we resemble our pets:umm:sympathetic limping?

Keep the faith friend.:ok:

You are a marvel dealing with your own issues and caring for your companion. Hope both of you get'fixed' up so that you can both enjoy strolling together pain-free and jaunty. Have a nice week-end.

Nice to get that good 7 week check-up, wasn't it @julesglass? I know I felt really stoked after getting a good report this week at my 6 week check-in. Sorry that your still dealing with knee, back and thigh pain, but I think it's probably par for the course this early in recovery. I am someone who definitely thinks that, in your situation, I'd benefit from PT to help work on strengthening the musculature around your back, hip and thighs to help alleviate some of your pain. I know PT can be less than helpful, and even make things worse with a bad therapist. But I've found it very helpful as I have some arthritis in my lower back and with back sleeping still I can't wait for some PT to help deal with that. Sorry to hear Lucy is still limping although x-rays look good--maybe the visit to the veterinary school might provide some more insight. Good luck! And happy Friday.

Morning to you all. Ah hadn't even noticed the date Mojo333, it is anivesery date! Set up PT to start next Tues. It'll be twice a week for 6 weeks. It was good to see everyone at work today and get the low down on what I'll be working on, small panels at first. It's a cool overcast morning, fall is in the air. Got stuff to do, catch ya later.:wave:

Hello and Happy Friday to you!
Congrats on a positive seven week post op. Sounds like you had some biz taken care of with the new
script, PT referral and release date for work. I'm sorry you're struggling with back issues in the midst of it all. Also sorry to read about your sweet bud, Lucy, I hope someone can figure out how to bring her relief.

You're right, Autumn is in the air. Mojo333 gets mad when I say Fall, she'll give me one of these :bignono:
We want to keep her happy, right? :heehee:
Have a great holiday weekend!
@julesglass

I wish it was sympathy limping Mojo333. She hurt herself last winter in the deep snow and had never fully recovered. Now with the walks we've done it's come back big time. I feel bad if I go out and don't take her with. I know things can be bad in PT with the wrong therapist Barbara. There was one guy there that did hurt me last time which was a year ago. If he's still there I'll let them know, not him. It's all good, I'm like a kid getting ready to get back to school to see my friends! One up side, got my hospital bill and my part is so low, almost nothing! :yes!: So glad with things to get done with the house. You all take care and have a great holiday weekend.

Well, with the return of fall, work, and starting PT, it does look like you've turned a corner, @julesglass, in the most positive way. Life as you've known it before is slowly coming back into view and it's all up from here, I'm convinced. And I am sure a hospital bill that only required negligible payment from you was a tremendous relief. Hip replacement is a miraculous surgery, but it's not cheap. Thank goodness for decent health insurance! Have a good holiday weekend.

Afternoon to all of you. I'm relaxing with heating pad on my bum. After the morning runs I did yesterday morning, I did some more, paying bills, dropped off script and dog park for a bit. I then over to friends house for homemade noodles and bread, so good I stuffed myself. Of course there is always beer and lots of laughing good time. I had got there early for dinner so had a couple beers while we waited. After dinner we went out to the bar-garage for another. I suddenly felt weird, light headed so I headed to the house. Barely made it in to a recliner. It was unnerving to hear I went white in color. After I rested they drove me home. Can't wrap my mind around what happened, maybe a drop in blood pressure is all I can figure. I felt fine when I got home and this morning, just sore bum muscles from walking around and steps at friends house. Got to get script picked up and getting some magnesium. Think I'll fix up some liver and onions tomorrow. Take care everyone, have a good holiday weekend!

I suddenly felt weird, light headed so I headed to the house. Barely made it in to a recliner. It was unnerving to hear I went white in color. After I rested they drove me home. Can't wrap my mind around what happened, maybe a drop in blood pressure is all I can figure
Oh my stars ....hope that is just some weird one off.
Or did you lose count of the couple of beers? :unsure: That's happened to me:giggle:
Think I'll fix up some liver and onions tomorrow
Good source of iron, my mother's fave.
Me, um no....:eeeuw: its a texture thing I think.
Hope it doesnt happen again and tomorrow is a good day. :)

Didn't lose track, two before dinner, one with dinner and one after. Started another but didn't finish. Had this happen post menopause a few times years ago at work. Thought I was through that, however hot flashes have come back recently. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks @Mojo333 .

That happens to me sometimes too! Very disconcerting but over quickly. I assumed it was the combo of alcohol, surgery and maybe the meno madness to add to the mix.

Good morning, @julesglass, I hope you have something planned for the holiday today, or not--depending upon how you're feeling. Glad to read you didn't faint and were able to make it into the house and onto a recliner without keeling over. Must have been a bit scary even if it's happened to you a few times before. Whatever you're up to today, have a good holiday. Cheers!

Wowza! That's kind of scary, jules.
Thankfully you didn't faint, falling and hurting yourself.
Hopefully you're feeling great today and enjoying the holiday.
Just noticed you're only a week away from your three year anniversary for Righty. :yay:
@julesglass

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom