THR Here I go again!

Morning to you all. I hope everyone is having a routine Sunday morning. Woke up yesterday and walked around without the cane thinking " this is nice, no limp and slight pain." So I started my day going to Menards for light fixtures for outside front door and some mouse traps to help my cat do his job. He has caught another Fri. Rested for a time then proceeded to clear under the kitchen sink area. I sat on a very low chair to reach and clean. Did just normal stuff after that, fix a meal, go outside and dishes. I'm wondering now if that cleaning session was a little too much. Muscle soreness is back in left leg with a vengeance from incision area to the knee. This is so frustrating, that fine line between doing good progress and doing something that needs done puts you over the edge. It's been raining since early morning so it's coffee in bed listening to the radio. Lucy and I will go out after a shower and my third cup. Took a pain pill so we can walk and then back in the chair to ice and rest. I did find some openings under the sink to get filled, one more trip for steel wool that I "thought" I had. I'll hit Wal-Mart , smaller store. You all take care and "try" not to over do it. Oh, I have been walking down steps alternating feet using the cane lightly to steady my steps, it's been working great, very little wobble and pain.
 
You are so right, @julesglass It is such a fine balance, isn't it? I know too much activity is a problem, but also too much sitting and loafing about makes my leg and hip seize up so uncomfortably. I think we're all struggling with this but, I know, it gets easier the further along the recovery road we get. Have a good Sunday, and hope your walk with Lucy after the shower and third cup of coffee is pleasant--and that the rain has stopped and all that remains is that lovely, fresh smell in the air that comes out when rain ends.
 
Remember...... It's all good even when it's not!!! :ok:

It really is!

I'm sorry you're suffering a bit today. I'm sure sitting on a low chair for an extended period of time reaching underneath the sink is all it took. Possibly engaging sleepy muscles or inflaming those that are in the healing process. That coupled with your Menard's run was enough to have you flirting with the ODIC. You may want to save running errands for tomorrow and use today as a day of rest and recovery parked in your favorite spot with Lucy :dogsniff: and ice. :ice:
I hope you bounce back soon. Happy Sunday, Jules!
@julesglass
 
I did get out to Wal-Mart, not bad pushing the cart. Everything seemed to come out of it after our walk. Did a full sq. block again, Lucy was tuckered out by the time we got back along with my back, not the leg. Going to fix some chicken salad for sandwiches as we continue mind hunters. Have a good one!
 
Eman85 always mentions getting behind a shopping cart somewhere and walking. I guess it provides enough stability to effectively practice honing your gait if it's off.

Enjoy Chicken Salad and Mind Hunters. It sounds scary to me. Saw a commercial on...I think it was REELZ, on Ted Bundy and can't imagine how their twisted minds work. I caught a story on Ed Gein and it was so gross I had to stop watching it within 5 minutes. You're braver than me.

It's good to hear your hip is feeling better. I hope your back is okay. Have a good one!
@julesglass
 
Good morning, @julesglass. I hope you're waking up to clear skies this morning in your neck of the woods. Cool and overcast here but love this weather as a recovering hipster--I sleep so much better at night. Sounds like a good jaunt at Walmart although tiring. A evening with chicken salad sandwiches and mindless TV watching sounds just about perfect to me. You're doing great--keep up the fabulous progress! Happy Monday!
 
@julesglass
I love hearing about Lucy and your memories of Keith. Made me smile.
You’re doing very well, I’m surprised you aren’t really sore, actually. You are getting many things accomplished each day. :thumb:
I’m going to start watching Mindhunters!
My son loves it.
Stay tuned. :loll:
 
Last edited:
Morning to you all. Not much has changed since Sunday..... well some has. I've increased our walk to 5blocks Mon. Gotta wait till evening today, rain all day. Did meet up with parents for a buffet restaurant last night. Good time catching up with them. Dad's still not back to his golfing with friends. OS took new xrays, no bone problems, thinks it's a pinched nerve. Continue PT and massages come back in 2 weeks and go for MRI if no improvement. It's tough on Dad, he's very active with walking the mall and golf twice a week. PT told him he's walking with his shoulders thrower back too far. Mom had told him this before, what's she know, right? :heehee: Anyway I'm doing "okay" walking steps almost normal, still can't walk far without the cane. I get to limping after a few steps around the kitchen. Talked to hr at work yesterday about me getting back Tues after Labour day. Still my plan, however I'm getting concerned about it. Just got one more full week at home, can't leave the cane yet... Been trying to remember how it worked out with first THR. I can't remember, figure it's because all the drama in the house at the time. Oh well it is what it is. I'll just keep on keeping on and see then what it is. Just tired of sitting around, can't clean much, walk with out cane blah blah blah. You all take care, happy days coming.
 
:wave:Hi My "Hit the Recovery stall Wall. I Have Cabin Fever, This is Getting So Old" Double Hippy Compadre.
Sorry you are on the downside of the rollercoaster ride we know as the THR recovery ride.
No real sage advice, just sympathetic virtual pats and a reminder this is all temporary!:console2:
Healing hugs as you get through this part.:roseshwr:
Keep the faith.:yes:
 
Last edited:
Hmmmm...maybe you should at least start thinking about a postponement in your return to work date, @julesglass? Labor Day is just around the corner and maybe it's a bit ambitious to try a return--is it a full return or only part-time? You are making steady, slow progress, and trying to return too work too early might torpedo that. You know yourself and your body best, but if there was any chance of pushing the date out, or certainly greatly reduced hours to start, I would be exploring that. Hope you have a good Thursday.
 
Morning all. Thanks for your description of the roller coaster ride, Mojo. That is so true, hitting the wall and let me out! Personally I've never liked roller coasters, anything that drops you down faster than a speeding bullet.:scaredycat: I thank you Barbara for your concern. Putting off returning to work is in the back of my mind. As I took leave I have always said "this is my plan, however it depends on my body". My employer is understanding and works with valued employees. I've been there 20yrs and am the most experienced in shop. I'll give it a go in two weeks "if" the body is in agreement. I just have to be done with the cane for work. First round I "had" to get back and it worked out great. This round I have a widow's check so the "have to" is taken out of the equasion. Going to get back to a normal routine. Up early and to bed by 10 will help. Set up things to do during the day. Got done with mind hunters last night, I hope there's another season. Won't keep Netflix much longer, can't find enough on it that interest me. Take care.
 
Hi Jules...thanks for the update. In regard to your return to work - I've read here numerous times that....Once you're back, you're back. Even we'll intenioned work colleagues may expect you to be able to manage your normal work load because you're back, no matter what they express in advance of your return. Just something to keep in mind when contemplating your return date.

I hope you have a lovely Thursday. A beautiful sunny one here, gentle breeze, comfortable temp, low humidity, blue skis with a passing white fluffy cloud here and there. A touch of Fall (my fave) in the air. Couldn't be any better! Hope your weather is perfect also. :SUNsmile:
@julesglass
 
Morning to you all. I thank you Layla for the concern. As I have no concern about going back slowly because my supervisor stressed to me last time to get help with anything I needed and co workers jump right in when asked. None of us take chances for injury, work as a family. It is a beautiful pre fall day as Lucy and I enjoy the yard. Who wants to do housework, not I! That'll come later, much later today. Enjoy your day wherever you are, take care the healing is still moving forward! :egypdance:
 
Love the approach that housework can wait, @julesglass. Get out there and enjoy your yard with Lucy! By the way, I do get the return to work issue. Even though I don't work anymore (blissfully retired) I do want to get back to my "real life" as soon as I can even though my life pre-hip nonsense was more active and possibly, at least right now, nothing I could re-engage in fully. But if work, and it certainly sounds like it is for you, is a fulfilling, happy and satisfying place with a good boss and co-workers and everyone supportive, helpful and functioning more as a family unit, I can absolutely understand the desire to see if you can get back as planned. If not, you can take a bit more time--what a nice position to be in. Enjoy your pre-fall day!
 
Oh Barbara, I would love to retire and just concentrate on home improvements and such. My wallet says otherwise and I do love what I do and those I work with. Gotta get house updated then I'll retire. Maybe 2 more years I'll be set.
 
Hello and a Happy Friday to you! :wave:
Sounds like you have a great supervisor and colleagues, you're blessed considering the hours we spend on the job. Takes a lot of stress out of the return knowing you can take it at your own pace.

It is a beautiful pre fall day
Here too, a few in a row now. Fall is truly in the air! I love it.

I hope you have a lovely weekend! :SUNsmile:
@julesglass
 
Good morning, @julesglass Happy Saturday to you. If you've got only 2 more years of work ahead, I bet they will go pretty quickly, especially now that you've got two shiny new hips to see you through! And, as I said before, having a job that you enjoy with a good boss and compassionate co-workers is pretty fabulous. Have a great day!
 
Well here's my update. Had grandaugther over Sat night to sleep over. We had a great time Sat evening. I sitting in my recliner and played her games of pretend this and that. She bet me two games of UNO. Went to the park Sun morning and there was a boy that hit it off with her. They ran and played for 2hrs while I walk, sat in the car and "ran" water to her. It was great to have her over and she is careful with grandma. I'm getting better without the cane, muscles still a little tight causing limp. Steps getting easier, still have muscle quivering though. I still walk with the cane, more to steady my walk than leaning on it. Did alot of walking yesterday and all is good today, no pain just sore tight muscles in my leg. My lower back gets sore and tight walking some distance. All in all, doing good.
 
@julesglass sounds like an awesome weekend with your granddaughter. You seem to be doing well and I'm still on the cane and I'm a couple days ahead of you. Just can't quite get the hip/leg to cooperate without the cane. It is what it is and life goes on! Hope you have a great week!
:friends:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom