Guest viewing is limited

TKR Here I go again!

Thanks @beachy but no kudos required. I really enjoy my time with these interesting people. I get a lot out of my time there.
 
What Beachy said...
You're doing very well. I have one of those peddlers (a Magna Trainer from Amazon) which I always regretted not buying after the first tkr. After my Baker's cyst burst this spring (and in anticipation of another tkr), I bought and really like it. Haven't tried any rotations on it yet, but I just sit and gently rock my feet back and forth. It provides a little stretch while i'm watching old movies or mindless tv (isn't most of it?) and feel like I've accomplished something. Like everything else around here, it requires the right combination of pillows on the seat and behind me so it doesn't hurt my back & we put tape on the rug so we know exactly where to put it.
Try not to worry about your pt session on Thursday - easier said than done, right?
I haven't been in Costco in years but the best thing about it is people watching and checking out their carts. Our house is small - no basement or attic and I always wondered where people stored things like 125 rolls of toilet paper, 16 boxes of Kleenex, 250 pounds of dogfood, etc. :) eta: Meant to say my leg springs back like an elastic band too; you're right, it's an odd feeling. Almost like it's going to bend backwards or something.
 
@Laurenkate I have often wondered where people store all that stuff too. I certainly couldn't either at home or my caravan. I have no room to stock up on things. Hubby was getting his bike out today to go for a cycle and had to move mine to get his out. Oh how much i wished i could just have got on it and pedalled off.
 
What a surprise this morning. Woke up to a very dark room and thought it must be 4am. Groaned, reached for my watch and it was 7.15! A really good night's sleep which I appreciated after the previous night. The downside is that it was dark due to its being a very rainy misty day so my knees are likely to be achey. Can't have everything I suppose!!
 
Glad you had a good sleep. I slept well too thank goodness. It's dull misty and a light rain here too. In waiting room for my physio appt just now.
 
Yay for sleep!!

My knee is picky, sometimes it reacts to weather, sometimes it doesn’t.
 
@Laurenkate How did you know your baker's cyst burst? I am curious because I have had one of those suckers prior to surgery, and have suspected it has come back post surgery.
Don't want to hijack this thread so will find yours and tell you about the Baker's Cyst there. It was scary.
 
Thanks @Mollymax. I'm hoping it will go OK. I do feel much better and stronger but not sure if ROM is much better. I'm happy with progress just hope he will be too!
 
Well my PT assessment went quite well. Not brilliantly in my opinion but the nice PT was his usual kind and encouraging self. He pointed out that I was moving much more smoothly and easily and that I could do going up stairs with alternating feet.
I think it's just me that was a bit disappointed to only be at slightly over 90. He noticed that my knee was quite warm and still swollen and told me not to worry. He gave me some stretching exercises to try at my own pace.Better than all that he said I could drive again. Freedom!!
I'm seeing him one more time directly after appt with OS.
 
Glad it went OK for you. You have a better bend than me. Good he told you not to worry about the swelling and heat. I suppose it will take time to for the swelling to go down. I can't judge because of my lymphodema. Glad you can drive again. I never thought to ask on Tuesday. I just thought its now 6 weeks so I can I've again. I need to drive tomorrow so I hope knee is up to it. I see physio once more too after seeing surgeon.
 
Well I'm flushed with success! Just back from my first drive since TKR. It went fine. I hadn't ever realised how much flexing of my ankle and knee was involved in driving (not an automatic car) but I managed fine and am looking on it as today's exercise session. I went to my daughter's for coffee which necessitated my leg being down so total time with leg down to drive then sit was almost 2 hours. My knee isn't hot or swollen either. Amazing!
 
I hadn't ever realised how much flexing of my ankle and knee was involved in driving (not an automatic car) but I managed fine and am looking on it as today's exercise session.
Before I got to the end of this sentence I was thinking ADLs! Awesome.

I’m glad you had a successful outing, it’s such a mood booster!
 
I actually feel sort of cheated. I was anticipating about 3 months of being incapacitated based on last TKR. Suddenly I'm more or less OK. I can realistically do everything I need to do and it's only 6 weeks. I'm missing another 8 weeks languishing at home and not expected to do much!
I do know, however, that I still need to take it easy. I most likely could go back to work on a phased return but luckily I've retired from NHS and am my own boss now. I've given myself permission to only do 2 hours a day at my desk. It's working too - I just got paid for another of my stories!
 
Well done Spex10. I too had my first drive this morning. I didn't realise how much my knee was needed to change clutch. I was used to it being painful before the op. Today it just felt..... strange. Don't think I would want to do too much driving yet though.
 
Take advantage of your freedom to recover at your pace. You’re doing great, but we all know how quickly we can change that with overactivity.

You are bring very wise to pace your working like you are.
 
Back
Top Bottom