Guest viewing is limited

THR here I am :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jellybean It sure sounds rough for you with the little ones to care for while you're in the middle of healing. Please make sure you still try to ice and rest, and take the medication so the pain doesn't sneak up on you. Take it really easy while they're at school, or when you're at your Mom's. It sounds like you may get a break if they go there, and I'm sure your Mom will take good care of you if you decide to go, too. It's very hard to do, but you have to put yourself first as much as you can so that you can recover. Good luck with the little ones, and take care of yourself. Keep posting, we all want to know how you're doing. :)
 
jellybean I kept thinking I'd seen you on YOUR thread, but I came here and saw I'd never visited. Shame on me! I wonder if you would want to spend half the week at your own house just having "quiet mum time", and then go to your parents' to rejoin kids? Even young mothers deserve a real break after a huge surgery. I sent my (at the time only) toddler to an in-home daycare provider for two whole weeks after a hysterectomy at age 37. I needed every minute of that time. Since my adult son came home quite unexpectedly yesterday robbing me of my quiet recovery, I give the quiet to you!! LOL :) :) :)
 
Hi everyone. Kids went to my mum's on Sat and I have had a good rest so far. Aside from the stress of husband having a tantrum because his family wanted to pick the kids up from my parents at times convenient to them when my parents already had plans. So husband is not in my good books at all.
I went to using 1 crutch the other day and this gave me horrible back ache (feels like spasm i guess) so i will stick to using two for the time being.
For the rest of the week i am going to get plenty of rest in the hopes of being much better when the kids come back.
 
Hey everyone does anyone know what i can moisturise the scar area with? Been itchy today. I have read about vitamin e capsules and can get some tomorrow but anything I can use tonight? I have normal body lotion etc but thought that might irritate. I have savlon cream or coconut oil maybe?
 
Or could sent husband to a late open shop to get something?
 
So tomorrow is 5 weeks since my op.

My kids are coming back today after their week at my parents. I have had tons of rest and feel much better. They are back to school tomorrow and then starting Tuesday my husband is working 9 days straight from early morning till after kids bedtime so I have tried to get as prepared as I can. I need to prepare easy meals that create little washing up as possible as hubby has been doing washing up after work but next week I suspect he will be too tired. I will get him to still take the dog out morning and evening though. This is the start of getting back to normal I guess.

Also tomorrow I have a gp appointment as when he prescribed the tramadol he wanted to see me after 10 days. Obviously I am reluctant to be left without tramadol when getting my kiddos back an starting the routine or school/cooking/washing up again. Hopefully I will be able to keep the rest of the box just in case.
 
jellybean I'm glad you got the good rest, I have a feeling you're gonna need it! And that tramadol too.... what you say about "keeping the rest of the box" makes me think that even if you have the med (and I presume paid the pharmacy for it?) the doctor can grab it away? Am I mis-interpreting?
You're going to be very busy-- pop in and say hey after a while when you get things under control :)
 
Yay for you jellybean - 5 weeks! Sounds like you have a good plan. Hubby is heading back to work at week 4 but will be able to get kids ready, drive them to/from school and come home early to do meals. Come week 5 I will be having to step it and organise friends to collect the kids and do meals. I have about 10 freezer meals to cover those few weeks which will bring me to week 7....I must say I am nervous but excited about getting back to new normal.

Keep posting and tell us how you are going!!!
 
Success! Well, kinda. When I got to the medical centre the receptionist says they were trying to contact me all morning because the dr was off sick. But they didn't have my phone number. So actually they were not trying to contact me just thinking about it. In any case they DO have my phone number because I had a telephone consultation last friday! Anyway she very reluctantly gave me an emergency appointment with my normal dr after i refused all the appointments for the rest of the week because i would have to go on the train which still involves a fair walk both ends.

Anyway I asked to be referred for physio because of my wonky walk still and he agreed to that, also gave me 50mg tramadol tablets so can reduce dose when I am ready and to cut down on cocodamol when i am ready also.
Told him what hubby has been saying about more exercise but he says I am doing the right thing by resting as much as poss and gentle walking enough for now.

zauberflöte I'm paranoid because my niece was told to change from co-codamol and says they took the rest of the box away! I didn't take them with me just in case!
 
I get very angry at the medical profession when I hear stories like yours jellybean!
How dare they presume to deny medication....or worse still take it away...from a patient who is recovering from a major procedure with known recovery challenges... Blows my mind. Wouldn't want to try it on me. There would be quite a level of violence!
On a more pacifying note you are doing so very well coping with a young family and all its challenges as well as the hip recovery.
You go girl! I admire you. :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks Maeve. My niece who they took the cocodomal from had scoliosis and had metal rods put in her back about ten years ago when she was a teenager, was fine until she had a baby last year and got pain when pushing the pram, one doctor gave her cocodamol but when she went back it was a different dr and they took it away. I've never heard of this before but she went back to the first dr recently and now she takes gabapentin. Made me mad for her as she just needed some pain relief so she could care for her baby.
Now I have another niece who is going through same thing, she had the same operation a year ago and is back in school now taking exams and the chairs are causing her pain, hope she goes that sorted out.
It's strange that I have 2 nieces who had the same condition because they are not blood related, the oldest is from my sister who is a child of my mother's first marriage and the youngest niece is from my brother who is from my father's first marriage.
 
jellybean your report is excellent (with a lot of hard work on your part, I must say) They were trying to call you but they didn't have your number??? That is just such (listen to me use English English!) utter rubbish, and your comment on it made me laugh. I hate it when people whom we expect to be competent and to have integrity do stuff like that...I would be right behind Maeve, in line and swinging LOL.
Your nieces have terrible stuff going on, and it is weird that they're not blood-related. I have 2 nieces, sisters, one with MS and the other with asthma. They are both musically talented. I joke that both my talent and my auto-immune issues skipped sideways a generation...my sister couldn't sing a tune to save her life...and she's healthy as a horse...
beckylou you've got everything all set up, all you have to do is tip that first domino-- the new normal will be so much fun, and your kids will thank you for it years from now :)
 
Well, today is the big day. Hubby is back to work and won't be able to nip back for school runs as its a slightly different job this week. He's going to get me cash for when I need a taxi in a few mins before he goes. My neighbour is doing the pm school run in return for me waiting in her house for a plumber. So I just have to go at 8.30am and to get the little one at lunch time. Am considering a slow walk back after dropping them off but not decided yet.
Tomorrow neighbour is dropping them off in morning, I have a volunteer for lunchtime pickup and then I am going in afternoon. The volunteer can do lunch time pickups every day till next wed so that will be helpful.
Will update again later about whether I decided to have a walk back or not.
 
Well, my kids were half hour late, lol. All was well until I phoned for taxi at 8.30 and they had nothing for half an hour. Must book earlier next time! I used to always book early but they kept turning up too early even when I specified a time and then they would try to charge me for the extra waiting time! Their teachers know this was my first attempt at a morning school run though so hopefully we will improve our timing as the weeks go on. I'm not sure whether to take a walk around the block this morning or try to straighten up the house. Def not both hmm.
 
Not a bad effort for the first time! That's a bit of a pickle - a walk or tidy, both are very rewarding....I managed to have a short walk yesterday and help with making dinner and a cake for dessert. Pretty happy with that. Have a nice day jellybean
 
Morning all (morning in my part of the world anyway lol)
Was pretty achy last night after 2 taxi school runs and a tiny bit of tidying. I have help for all school runs today so I need to try and get some laundry out on the line. Its washed already overnight so after the kids have headed off with neighbour that can be my first job. I was right that hubby was pretty tired being back to work so can't ask for too much help this week. May bribe children to do more tidying ;-)
Have ordered more icepacks as can't keep up with refreezing the two I have, I still use ice maybe 4 or 5 times a day, I hope that's normal.
Hope all is well with you all x
 
Must invest in some of those nice gel packs, at the moment I am alternating between a frozen hot water bottle and a bag of ice. Hope you can rest a bit more today.

My gut tells me that I should get more help in when hubby goes back to work at 5 weeks. I had thought I would just have friends do the school/kindy run but now I think it would be ideal to get a short term nanny for 3-4 hours a day after school. She could do the school run, snacks, make dinner and bathe the kids for us. I dislike the idea of spending the money but figure it will make things heaps easier.
 
beckylou that sounds like a good idea, how old are your kids?
If we hadn't moved house recently and I had better friends here I would be hinting at friends to invite girls for tea a couple of times a week. Not a big fan of hubby work right now for making us move when they knew I was due to have an op.

Hanging washing on line was not as hard a job as I though, am gonna have to start doing it every day now, drat :)
 
Hi ya jellybean! My kids are 7 & almost 4 - how about you? That is the pits about moving right before surgery but it seems like you are doing a great job. Part of me thinks I could really lean on friends once Hubby goes back to work but I think by then people will move on a bit from offering. At the moment any offers of help and I quickly ask for a frozen meal - that way I have something in the bank when I need it.

I think you should maybe hold off on laundry for a while!!!:giggle:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom