THR here I am :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jellybean I had my post op check at 8 weeks with the senior nurse. I dont get to see the surgeon again unless I am an interesting or difficult case. My second surgery was the week before you. Everyone's rate of recovery is different I even found differences between my two surgeries. Returning to normal can take longer if you had a lot of damage before the surgery. My ROM is worse in the right hip which was replaced 6 months ago than the one that was 8 weeks ago simply because the damage was done over years.
If you are in pain maybe see your GP for a different prescription.
 
Hi again everyone. Have felt fine this weekend but am aching today and my scar seems to be bruised? it feels bruised and looks kinda patchy purple. Am quite worried, bruising shouldn't be still coming up at this late stage should it?
 
Josephine - what do you think? Can bruising caused by the op still be appearing 8 weeks later or is it caused by something else? I never had much bruising at the time or after. This bruising i have seems new but is very slight, just faint purple about a cm either side of the inscision. I've been doing more (as in more cooking, laundry and walking - even took a ride on the tube to china town) this past week as I have been out of pain, even i got into the shower (over bath ) without using the step stool I usually use to get it. I've took some arnica tablets last night and this morning an iced it last night so doesn't feel so bad now.
 
Jellybean - the skin around my incision can be purple tinged at times too but it is that the skin looks slightly purple as opposed to there being an obvious bruise. I showed the OS nurse and she thought it was normal. goodluck!
 
Just took a photo and doesn't look purple at all :-\ I think maybe because I was feeling bruised and my tiredness I was seeing bruising that wasn't actually there... That's my guess because the ice and the arnica can't have sent it away that quick can they? Oopsy
 
BTW ironing boards are very handy for placing camera on when you need to take a pic as the adjustable height is very helpful! There should be a tips section for how to take photos of your scar haha ;-)
 
jellybean I vote you write that tips post for taking pics of one's own scar LOL. Lots of library posts are by members! I'm sorry you're not moving along as fast as you had hoped. 8 weeks is, as we hear on Bonesmart, very early days yet. But calling the GP is not a bad idea at all. Hope things settle down! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom