Guest viewing is limited

TKR Here I am with my new left knee

Congratulations! Sounds like things are moving along well, such good news.
 
Awesome report


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks guys. Siesta Key, Fla. for spring break in a couple weeks ! Last April when I was there, I was in so much pain I couldn't keep up with the family. That's when my wife told me it was time for the new knee. I'm hoping for better results walking on the beach this year ! Good to see everyone is well.
 
Vacation was GREAT ! I walked 2-3 miles every day (usually on the beach) + whatever walking we did during our activities. Last year I was in pain and couldn't keep up. Focusing on losing some weight now to keep the new knee healthy, and to prolong the "inevitable" with the other. It has been one heck of a year !
Hope everyone is well - drop me a line.
 
Hi there cpd, I am on holiday at the moment, on the Isle of Wight. Knees good, still having various muscle pains though after such a large weight loss. We are doing lots of dancing both ballroom and Latin American, and not too much trouble with that. Had some hamstring trouble this afternoon after walking about a quarter of a mile down a very steep street to the sea, along the promenade for some way, then back and climbing back up to car. OK now after short rest. Like you said so different from holidays pre op which could be pretty miserable pain wise, and I always felt I was holding my husband back from what he wanted to be doing. Good luck with your other knee, my second seemed easier than the first, as I was prepared and well informed on the correct bonesmart ways, which I tried to follow.
 
It's really wonderful that you were able to enjoy your vacation. I'm looking forward to the day I'm able to do that too. Unfortunately I had to have my TKR revised so I'm back at square one but I'm moving ahead quite well.
 
@cpd599 - Nice to hear you were able to enjoy your vacation!! Congrats, my friend! :cheers: Glad to be able to look back and know we're better off now than we were a year ago.. Enjoy your "better" knee!! :yes:
 
I have not done this in a while. I hope all my friends are well. I think I can finally say Im glad I did it. I remember hearing people say that I would get to where I didn't think about my knee ALL the time. I think im there. The other one occupies my thoughts more now days.
 
Welcome back!!! I t is great to hear from you and know that you are really doing well! (Sorry to read about knee #2..)

Please stay safe out there----many of my former students are LEA's---one is on the CPD.
 
Glad to hear that you are doing well. Knee number 2has been bothering me much more lately too.
 
It's always good to see someone's long term progress. I am at 1.5 years and continuing to improve. I can get down and crawl on the floor with some super squishy knee pads. That was my main goal. Are you going to start working on your other knee? I know I am not mentally prepared to start on knee number two even though it has begun to bark at me.
 
Glad to see you are doing well. I will soon be at 2 years also, but had a revision done in February as my kneecap had dislocated. I had been in a lot of pain and once I had the revision; life was wonderful. I am now mostly pain free, walking my dogs about 2 miles a day and loving my knee.
 
Hi! Great to hear you are doing well! I went through a revision for basically the same reason as Third joint. That was done 8 months after my July surgery. Fortunately I've done very well with that knee. There are not too many of us around but it is great to hear that my 'classmates' are are happy and well. Thanks for the update.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom