TKR Here I am with my new left knee

I'm going to get a full eval from a new pt
I'm not sure I'm finished either at around 20 weeks
Still really clicking away Flexion and sideways

Hello Mr. Officer, Happy New Year. Hope you are doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I'm going to get a full eval from a new pt
I'm not sure I'm finished either at around 20 weeks
Still really clicking away Flexion and sideways
I hit 6 months on Wednesday, and my Genesis II still clicks and clacks. Sometimes I sit on my recliner and flex it on purpose to see how far away my wife can hear it. Doesn't seem to affect what I can do, so it doesn't bother me much. Hope your eval turns out okay.

I hate it when my knee makes noises. Once, it made so much noise when I was late to a movie and had to move sideways in the dark. I could hear people say, what is that noise!!

I found that I could hold the knee stiffly when I was somewhere quiet. Then, one day the noise just stopped!

Hi guys. Happy New Year ! Been a while. I've been so busy trying to get back to normal, plus the Holidays, just haven't checked in. The knee is still "clunking" along (literally). I still have some aches and pains that come and go, but I think I'm doing good for 5 1/2 months. My other knee hurts more most days.
Looking forward to a good 2016 !!
@AThom10731. Doing good, Thanks for checking. You ?

@Rob 68 hi
Went for the eval and the therapist was much more thorough than my first few
She said may quad is still weak and my hamstrings very tight. Maybe after doing these the clunking will go away. But according to os it was done "looser" for mor flexibility with the spacers. So it will stay
I'm at 6 months now and although it clunks I've gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me. And like you said I can do anything I want ....within reason ...with it...lol
@skigirl and when did the day come when the clunking disappeared ?@cpd599 glad your doing well. We all have aches and pains:boohoo:
:boohoo:
But we go on!
According to most on here we have another 6 months to see the final result!
I'll post on my thread my adventure to Israel

@cpd599 - Just checking in on you.. Happy 2016!! Sounds like you're doing pretty well.. and I think I'm aligned with your progress .. (and pretty happy with that.. ) My "other" knee has been talking to me, but I still can't complain too much.. hahaha.. :) Really hope you continue to do well. This "getting old thing" just is not ..... terribly enjoyable.. hahaha! :heehee:

This "getting old thing" just is not ..... terribly enjoyable.. hahaha! :heehee:
LOL !
I was just at my doctor's this morning, complaining of decreasing stamina and exercise tolerance. He checked my heart and lungs, did an ECG, looked at my knees and ankles and then gave his diagnosis - "You're 74. It's age-related!" Oh bother! As he's told me before, "Getting old is great. It's just the side-effects that suck!"

CP, a little better after receiving the bursitis cortisone shot. Thanks for asking. I hope you had a good week.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Hi to all others who had their TKRs in July as I did. Do any of you still find it painful to stand for long periods of time like I do? Mainly I get a sort of achy burning feeling under the knee, I suppose where the bones are cut. If I stand for too long this spreads gradually into my shin. I would be grateful to know that I am not the only one.

I am about 1 month ahead of you and remember vividly needing to queue up around Thanksgiving. It was awful after about 15 mins, I had to walk near my position in line and eventually had to find a place to sit. One of my surgery sisters mentioned the standing got easier as the extension improved. With that said, I had to constantly practice balancing my weight on both legs. It gets better, then one day - no issue at all.

I still struggle with pain sometimes but mostly on the lateral side of my knee, occasionally below the tibial implant and my surgery was July 13. Two more days and I hit 6 months

@cpd599 My Depuy Attune still clunks every time I lift my leg high and I have decided if I need to I can live with it as the clunking is not accompanied by pain.

@Majic - Yes.. standing in place is much harder than just walking around. I haven't stood long enough for my shins to ache.. I usually just start walking around or sitting... How are you doing with standing up after sitting for a while and doing stairs?? I still find those are the times when I still feel my knee the most.. (going up is better than going down, certainly!) Six months tomorrow for me!

@Braunzie Thanks for your reply. I am OK standing up after sitting for a while, a bit stiff that's all, but I can now start to walk immediately rather than flex my knees first. I have no trouble with the stairs. First thing in the morning I am stiff, but since I go up and down six or seven times a day, I get a lot of practice. This knee was better than the first at coming down as my flexion was better. I have always slept upstairs, so had to go and down on my first day home so maybe that helped. It is standing that is really my main problem, sometimes it isn't bad, other times it can be agony, either under my knees or the muscles down the sides of my legs. It annoys me that it is both legs but my left TKR came out in sympathy with my right as soon as I became mobile. Wherever the right hurts so does the left. One day under my knee, the next down the muscle then a day when neither hurts at all - those are the days I long for. I tend to cook, iron etc sitting on a stool, it's wandering round shops that I just can't do, and haven't for some years. How I look forward to a long pain free shopping trip. My wardrobe certainly needs updating.

Hello All ! Diddo on the 6 Monthers ! Standing is still one of the more difficult things for me to do also. I am finding that I'm able to start walking when I stand up much quicker, and my flex is getting better. I am to the point where I favor my new knee in certain situations.

Hey All. It's been a few weeks. My 6 month check up was great. X-ray was good, ROM was good. Dr. is happy with my activity level, and said I can do pretty much anything I feel up to (within reason). I try to walk a mile a day on the treadmill, and sometimes a little on the bike. Happy Fat Tuesday !

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Nosila
Recent bookmarks