Guest viewing is limited

Help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butterfly, hi,

No, not heard anything yet.

My mum is doing well thank you.

I not so good, these constant migraines have left me with a permenant round circle of light in front of my eyes.
So I went docs today, got emergency appointment at eye hospital. Friday morning.
He said it could be detached retina !!!!! Yikes .

I've also got sores on my finger nails which have gone all septic, splits on my mouth which is quite bad. My tongue and mouth are very sore.
Also have a very big boil on my ummmmm private area!!!
Plus this darn endless headache !

So all in all I'm not too good. Oh yes also have very bad upset tummy, I don't know what's going on with me.

I'm not going to the hypno lady for a while. She seems to think she has done enough lol.

Yes I read your post about your walker, I did answer it but I've lost it lol.
I don't know where I posted to you.

It certainly seems to have helped you. So nice to hear your having help from your family. Bless them.

Yes this waiting is very scary milli, it's not sitting well with me. No doubt your feeling the same.

One thing that does keep coming into my head is , what if I decide to say no I won't have it done.
Well to be honest that's not a very nice thought. So I suppose I have come round to accepting I've got to go through with it.
Of course it must be even worse for you because you have two nasty hips.
So pleased to hear you have a little improvement in your daily life.

Take care
Angie
 
cornishhedge I am so sorry for all your trouble. I hope they can find out what is going on with your eyes and everything else. You sure have had more than your share of trouble recently!

Once in great while, I have that same thought, like what if I just don't do it. But I know from how fast it has gotten so much worse that I will never have any quality of life if I don't get it done. I can't really take care of myself properly as it is -- I am just getting by with help of others, and I can't in good conscience expect them to continue doing that forever when I have an option open to me that would get me back up into the world. I'd probably end up in a nursing home, and that is an AWFUL future for me to contemplate. I just have no choice but to take the plunge. I am working very hard to keep a positive outlook and not get bogged down in my fears. I am still waiting for that Bella Napperstek CD to come, and I hope it will help. I have a couple of other ones I've been using, and they are calming.

I know myself in that I am always more scared before some big thing than I need to be, and being scared doesn't really help me with anything anyway, except to make it worse, and I try to remember that. I am trying to just put one foot in front of the other (figuratively speaking, and literally too, I guess).

I'm still having a lot of trouble getting over the tub edge to get into the shower and on the shower chair. That bathroom is so small, too, that I can't get my walker in there (through the door) and then I can barely turn around if I lift it in. I have another bathroom I really don't 'use because there are water problems back there and the water is presently turned off. I'm thinking I may just have to bite the bullet and get a plumber in to get an estimate on what it would cost to fix it and if it isn't TOOO much, go ahead and get it fixed. The bathtub edge back there is much lower, and the room is also larger. I just can't afford a huge plumbing bill right now on top of everything else.

Please take care and do not lose hope for better days. You are in my prayers.

Peace and love to you.

Milli
 
Hi Butterfly,

Yes I think it's a good idea to get your bathroom fixed. You will most probably need it after the operation.
No point saving for a rainy day if its raining now eh? Well that's my motto lol.

You sound as if you are being vey brave and slowly coming round to thinking the same as me. It's very hard for us anxiety ridden people.
I think if you haven't suffered with it like we have, then people have no possible idea how debilitating or how scary life can be.

Let me know how that cd goes,I might get it.

Like you said milli if you don't get it done you will not be able to take care of yourself. I'm the same. What a horrible thought. Sooooo we both have to find the courage and get it done !!!!! Not easy. Although very necessary eh?

Regards
Angie
 
Hello!!
I got very excited when I saw another Cornish person on here so had to say hello!!
So sorry to hear all you are going through, I really hope you're feeling better and can get that op out of the way! I have similar fears...at 24 a hip replacement seems very very scary!!
Hope you're looking after yourself!!
:)
 
Hello @cornishpilotig,

Well it's very sweet of you to get in contact with me.

Bless you only 24 and could need hip replacement. Of course it's scary and at your age even more scary.

I guess we best not say on the open forum where we are, but then again cornwall is not very big is it lol.

If you look around on here there are some young people who have had hip replacements and they are wonderful. There is a picture of a young girl doing the splits. I kid you not !!!

So thanks again

Take care
Angie
 
Hi!
How are you feeling now? The antibiotics working?
Who's your surgeon? Initials will do as I know most of them!!!
Hoping to get my THR beginning of December...16 week wait with my surgeon!
Am going to have a proper look around this site this evening, only joined today! So so much information, it's amazing!!!
:)
 
Hi@Cornishpilotgig,
Think I might put his name lol my surgeon is Mr Saun Sexton . Doing me at hayle.

No idea when though. As you probably saw I've had few problems that held things up.

Ummm well thank you for asking how I am. Have just had a run of migraines 5 in a row. Scary.

I've now got mouth full of ulcers and tongue is all funny , no blinking idea what's going on.

How about you? What's happening with you. ?

See my silly avatar I've cut my head off lol. Still haven't got round to sorting it.

So cornish girl take care, hope your ok at the moment
Angie
 
Cornishpilotgig
Sorry, yes the antibiotics worked thank you.
Problem was I got bad rash down below really bad. Had to see skin specialist for it.

Ear is still bit funny yukkkkk
 
Ah last time I was in Hayle 2 ladies in my bay had THRs done by Mr Sexton. He seemed lovely! My surgeon is Mark Norton who has done my previous 5 surgeries and also will be at Hayle! How funny would it be if we ended up in there at the same time!!!
Glad the antibiotics worked. Give yourself a break to get your energy back before tackling an op! You want reserves you'll be able to call upon!
I'm fine apart from my dodgy hips thank you!!
:-)
 
Ah ha in hayle, how funny is that.

Yes be lovely if we were in together. Glad you know who I'm talking about, yes he did seem very nice.
Hell five surgeries indeed, well hip replacement will not be much for you then. You poor thing.

I saw Mr Norton when I went up treliske with my friend her daughter has a poorly hip.
He is apparently the best here for corrective surgery, so I've been told.

Is yours both hips? I have a friend who had hip dysplasia as a child. She had surgery s. then had hip replacement. Got to say she's not looked back. She has never been better.
So there you go, who knows eh?

Keep in touch
Angie
 
Mr Sexton seemed very thorough, took his time up on the ward before surgery to answer any questions and reassured them. Seemed a genuinely nice, kind bloke.
I'm hoping this will be my last op for a few years on my left!! Still need an op on my right, but need left sorted first. I have bilateral femoroacetabular impingement. Can't wait to get it all sorted!!
Just think of all the things we'll be able to do when we're fixed...I can't wait to go for a walk along the coast!! Ooohhh and to be able to walk along the beach! I have a list of things I want to do to keep myself focussed on the end goal...might help you to focus your energy on looking passed the op to where you want to be, then the op seems less scary!
:-)
 
Yes I agree, I have started to o that.

It's godrevy beach I miss!!!

Oh and the long road by the sea to mousehole. I love that walk. Not forgetting marazion when the visitors are gone.
I keep thinking of that.
Love peranuthnoe but I certainly can't do that one anymore.

I don't know the problem you have. In sorry I've never heard of it . You poor thing, get one sorted then another on the horizon.

Thanks for the info about Mr Sexton. It was nice to hear that.

Who knows next spring we might be on Godrevy , oh I'd love that. Take a pastie and a flask eh? Lol

Angie
 
Hi@Butterfly,

Yes they are my daughters and nieces and great nephews, trouble s I've cut our heads off lol.

I'm the one in the middle at then back. If you go to my thingy ummm member thingy, I think it's not cut my head off lol.

Well yes milli am feeling bit better thank you.
Saw consultant about my eyes on Thursday and she said my eyes are very healthy, wants me to see nuero about the migraines.

I have also MADE myself not think about the operation. Thought best to worry when the tie comes eh?

So now just got a few more things to sort and with luck I might be improving.
Not yet but hopefully I can make. Bit of headway with all my health issues.

How are you milli? Lets catch up .

Regards
Angie
 
cornishhedge I don't think I've posted on your thread before but once I started to read about how scared you are about having surgery I thought I would put in my two cents of encouragement. I was very scared too. When the doctor first told me I was looking at not one hip replacement but both I think I went into shock, I remember reacting like he said I had the common cold. I went to see him because I was having such horrible pain down the front of both of my legs. I knew no one who ever had hip replacement. I think I cried all the way home. I felt like I had been handed a death sentence. I watched on the internet some surgeries, which was probably a big mistake. I couldn't wrap my mind around actually having to go through all that. I soon found this site and found people here that had gone through the surgeries and knew exactly what I was going to go through. At this point I knew I had no choice. I was to the point of hardly being able to walk. I could no longer sleep a full night, most nights I had to sleep on the couch. Moving was becoming more and more a struggle all the time. What helped me was finding a surgery buddy. Someone who was having surgery the same day or close to it. It helped to know that someone else was doing this with me even though I will never actually meet her. The next thing that helped was to read about what people actually went through before and after surgery. Like once they checked into the hospital how they were treated by the staff and how they were prepped for surgery and then most of the stories will say the next thing I knew I was in recovery or back in my room. And that is what I took to the hospital with me both times. After my first surgery and getting back home I couldn't wait to get back on this site and talk to my surgery buddy to see how she was doing. We compared notes through those first weeks of recovery. Today it's been over 4 months since my last surgery. I can do everything I want to pain free. I still need to build up muscles that I hadn't used in a long time. If you have a surgeon you trust that's most of the battle. Nervousness is understandable, the fear of the unknown but getting rid of that horrible bone on bone pain, I also had bone spurs that dug in every time I moved, makes for such a bright future.
 
Hi sandybeach,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to me to try and help my fears.

I understand how you must have felt knowin both your hips needed replacing.
It's bad enough having one.!

I do trust the surgeon which is good.

It's myself I don't trust.!!! I conquer up symptoms in my mind and am totally convinced what I am feeling is bad. When in fact it's almost always a panic attack. If that makes sense.

Anyway thank you for your input, hopefully I will find someone who is having surgery same time as I am.

I don't have a date yet.

I keep pushing it out of my thoughts because I'm making myself ill with the worry.
I hope that doesn't sound silly, it is however, the truth.!

Thank you once again for trying to help me. I really appreciate it.

Angie
 
cornishhedge panic attacks are scary to experience. I've had them for years too. I always thought I was having a heart attack, my heart would race and I would have trouble breathing. I went in and had every test possible for my heart. I had a heart monitor on several times to watch how my heart was beating, I would wear it for several days at a time. I was always told everything was okay but that didn't stop my fears. I had to finally come to terms with the fact that I'm okay. Every test that the clinic here has I think I've had including being admitted into the hospital 2 or 3 times with irregular heartbeats. But I'm still alive and doing good. The one thing I wasn't too keen on was being put to sleep for surgery but then I heard you could have a spinal so I jumped at that. And it shows you that it wasn't too bad being that went in and did it a second time. Just keep your eyes on getting rid of the pain that you feel every time you walk and how much better you feel once that's gone.
 
Oh thank you sandybeach,
Yes I have had the same as you. Years of heart doing crazy things. Heart monitor on quite a few times. 24 hours at a time.
A few trips to hospital in ambulance because it was so fast. I take atenolol for it.
I think it scares me so much I make it worse with the fear of it.

I did however have an echocardiogram and I had fluid round my heart. Which of course causes those symptoms.
So I don't know if its anxiety or a real heart problem. Yuk endless worry.
This is one of my problems with the worry of the operation.
Among others of course.

Yes I do believe that spinal is best. I'm not keen on general.
You are brave having it done twice.

When I think of horrid things I try to do what you say. I think of walking without pain !!!
I'm planning where I'm going to walk. I don't care if my recovery is slow. I'm not bothered by that. I'm just thinking even if its slow I won't have this awful pain.

I sound braver than I actually am !!! Lol

Regards
Angie
 
cornishhedge I believe a lot of people go through exactly what we have experienced with the wacky heart beats. Some people just handle it better. I am with you in it scaring me and that makes it worse. A few years ago I went in and had an MRI of my heart. There was nothing that showed up as being wrong so after years of worry with every skipping beat I decided it's time to give it up and live. I still get episodes of my heart doing weird things. I will have weeks where I feel several skipping beats an hour. I just remind myself I have had it checked out and there's nothing wrong. There's even a support forum I found called Livingwell. You should give it a look. There are lots of people that post on there with the weird heart beats like us. Most have had it checked out and they support each other through the worries. If you have a condition like the fluid around your heart, your doctor will know about it and it will be completely checked out before surgery so you're safe to have it. With a spinal they don't put you into a deep sleep. You're not aware of what's going on but you wake up so much quicker. I went from laying in the pre-op area with a surgery tech by my side to waking up in recovery pretty much fully awake being told I'm going up to my room. Believe me I know how scary it is to have a health condition and then be looking at surgery and the dread involved but I do know that after going through it anyway and how I feel today it's so worth the quality of life you will have.
 
sandybeach,

Thank you for your reply.
You certainly understand the horrors of these weird heart beats. I had an attack of them last night in bed.
I was quite relaxed watching tv. Nothing that worried me. It just started going fast. I tried my hardest not to panic
I took a Valium and made myself not think about it. I went to sleep and woke in the night.
All was ok. Strange.

I will check out livingwell thank you for that information.

I have read your posts , on the other side. I like to keep up with everything lol.

I am hoping with all my being that I won't panic in the pre op area. I imagine myself jumping off the bed!!!
Well hobbling off lol .

Thank you once again for your interesting information. Also for your understanding.

Regards
Angie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom