Guest viewing is limited

Help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cornishhedge the forum is Healing Well...sorry, it's been a while since I have been there. There are several health areas that people can post to. The heart forum was a pretty active group.

I don't think you will be jumping off the bed and making a run for it in pre op. If you have nerve problems there they will give you something to calm you down. The racing heart thing happens to me too for no reason at all. I have been assured by many doctors that it won't kill me. One doctor said it's like a car accelerator that gets stuck. I have some anxiety pills I take when it gets too much for me handle by the time the pills kick in everything seems to be alright again. I'm not a pill taker so I usually don't even think about them.

I certainly do understand the stress that comes with a heart that does crazy things. I went through the surgery twice and I'm still here doing good....so much better than before surgery.
 
Oh ok thank you sandybeach,

I will google that. Lol.

I actually hate taking pills as well. Problem is the beta blockers I am taking for te racing heart are then worst pills to come off.
I've tried many times it get off them. Your not allowed to just stop.
You have to taper. The big problem with them is the heart and blood pressure go crazy until the body gets used to being without them.

The Valium I can do without I only take that in times of crisis. Hate taking t hem as well.

I like the idea of being given something to calm me down.

My husband says he is not looking forward to driving me to the hospital. He said he might sneak up behind me and put chlorophorm over my mouth ha ha ha . Silly man. Part of me wishes he would lol.

Thanks
Angie
 
Hi cornishhedge

I'm so glad you accepted my "pep talk" in the manner in which it was intended.

I don't wish to belittle your fears. I had panic attacks myself, going through the menopause, and still have the odd one these days, though never so intense.

I see we are being treated to a new Doc Martin series this evening. No doubt TV's idea of an apology for the garbage they serve up all weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

Enjoy!
 
cornishhedge Sorry it has been a few days since I last wrote. You've certainly been in my thoughts. How is your mother getting on? Well, I hope. And you? Any news yet?

I am still plugging along, waiting. I had a few very down days, but feeling some better now. Not exactly running around shouting "Whoopeee!" but at least some better.

I doubt I'll be up and running off the table, either (couldn't if I wanted to, anyway), but the minute I cross that hospital threshold that day, I'll be asking for something for nerves. I just have to get this done, whether I like it or not. I think I'll ask the doctor if there is something I can take before I leave the house, so I don't freak out and go into a panic attack on the way there.

I do think that calming CD helps me a little. I listen to it at night before I go to sleep (sometimes I go to sleep with it still running). The very calming voice and the affirmations about peace and healing help me to stop the racing thoughts so I can drift off. Wish I could STAY asleep a full night, though. I have a very hard time getting comfortable and wake up with pain in the night.

Well, I am just trying to thing about that light at the end of the tunnel and getting there. I went and got a flu shot yesterday at the pharmacy. I sure don't need the flu popping up while I am recovering. I had it one year and it was awful and flattened me for two solid weeks. Ever since that, I've gotten a flu shot every year, and have not had the flu again. (knock on wood!)

Peace and love to you and your family.

MIlli
 
Hi glynis

Thanks for reminding me about Doc Martin. I do like the series.

I've been poorly all weekend. Not sure what's wrong. An overwhelming exhaustion is the only way I can describe it.

Been sleeping a lot.

Yes took your pep talk with a pinch of salt thank you !!!! Lol.

Any helpful hints in the future would be most welcome. I've got loads of questions but not asking just yet as I am in ostrich mode!

Angie
 
Hi Butterfly

You were writing that post while I was writing to Glynis lol.

My mum is ok thank you.

I'm rather poorly, don't know what's wrong to be honest.

As I said to Glynis I'm in ostrich mode!!!! Hey maybe it's not ostrich mode maybe it's the quiet calm Glynis mentioned. Could be I guess.

I did some relaxation the other night in bed. I did work. I've found some on you tube. So the ipad just turns itself off which is handy.
I've no idea if they will help my nutty head on the day.

How I'm going to get in that car I've no idea !! I suppose I'm doing the same as you. Thinking of the end result.
There is an old man who lives near me. He had problems with infections.so he was worried about getting his hip done.
Well he is done he is back at work after five weeks,( he works in the charity shop) and is getting his other one done in November.
So he is a bit of inspiration really, he is older than us. He also has other health problems.

Fingers crossed eh?

Hope your holding up butterfly. I've got no wise words lol.

Yes I'm going to ask for something to take before I leave the house. I think we will be wise to do that. Double dose ? Lol
I can't stay asleep at night either, what with the pain, and bathroom trips. Oh I also have that irritable leg syndrome which drives me crazy.
Of course at 10 am I can sleep like a baby lol

Take care kind regards
Angie
 
cornishhedge Re the sleeping thing -- that's my trouble, too. I cannot sleep more than a couple hours straight at night, but I am exhausted all day, which makes me nap, which starts the vicious circle again. I can't really get comfortable to sleep, which is a big part of the problem. I can't sleep in the bed, because i wake up in pain. Woke myself up groaning the other night -- so I sleep in my recliner -- or I try to. I wake up in that, too. Ii guess I can cope with that until I get the hips fixed, but after that, I HAVE to get back to a somewhere near normal sleeping schedule.

Maybe a screwed up sleep pattern is what's making you exhausted, too. I'm kinda depressed from not being able to do anything, and that causes the feeling SOOO tired, too. What a mess!

Peace and love to you,

Milli
 
Did you watch Doc Martin? I recorded it and watched it last night, sans adverts.

Oh dear, what a disappointment! Louisa the Bride looked more like Louisa the Nun. And where did that woodland suddenly appear from? The countryside was quite barren before and after their silly adventure.

I hope this isn't going to set the pattern for the whole series.

Now, that really would give you something to worry about!

(Only kidding.)

Glynis
 
Hi@Glynis

Yes watched doc Martin. Well I thought it was silly. They are taking it too far. It just went on and I knew how it was going to go.
Guess edit before it happened.
The writers are running out of ideas or rather got stuck in their ways.
Just silly.

Saw last nights, wasn't quite so bad, so am hopeful for the next few episodes.

What actually annoys me is the way they try to portray cornish people.
Being a cornish person it does get on my nerves. Obviously cornish people are just like all human beings lol.

That series with Caroline Quinten was awful. I couldn't watch it. She talked about cornwall totally in the wrong context.
No mention of all of us who have to work hard day in day out. Oh it really was annoying I just refused to watch it.

Oops on my soap box there.

Hope you are well Glynis.

Regards
Angie
 
cornishhedge How are you and I hope your mother is doing OK as well.

I watched Doc Martin (Netflix -- I'm in the US) a few times. Liked it very much in the very beginning but not so much after, and I quit watching it. It just didn't "grab" me. Now "Waking the Dead" is another story. I LOVE that show and can't wait till Netflix picks up Season 6. I got very addicted to it. I also loved the Miss Marple series.

Peace and love to you.
 
cornishhedge as I read about your opinion on a series about your way of life it reminds of a movie made about the area I live in. The name of the movie is "Fargo". Don't know if anyone on here has seen it but they make fun of our way of speaking and the locals don't like it. They say we don't talk that way......well if you ask me, yes we do. They did exaggerate in places of course but I thought it was funny.
 
sandybeach Movies always exaggerate everything, don't they? I did like Fargo. I remember I thought it was funny, but I don't remember much about the movie, except that it involved a woodchipper.

Peace and love to you.
 
cornishhedge How are you and your mother doing? I haven't heard from you lately and wondered if you are OK. What's happening on your quest for a new hip?

Peace and love to you.
 
sandybeach I haven't been to the movies in a theater in a long time -- got too darn expensive. I just wait for them to go on Netflix or CD.

You should check out the movie thread in the social room and post over there. Someone over there may have some suggestions.

Peace and love to you.
 
cornishhedge Haven't heard from you for a while. Are you OK? I've had a depressing day, with my pre op appointment I hit a snag with blood pressure issues. It suddenly went way up. I know from past history that this happens when I get really stressed, scared, etc., which I have certainly been lately. It also just generally goes oup a bit when I am in a doctor's office. I'm scared of doctors for some reason. They told me to call my PC and get it straightened out or they wouldn't operate. So I did that and PC told me to monitor it at home until THursday and then call him and tell him what the numbers were and we'd figure it out from there. Trouble is,if it from anxiety, how do I prove that to the anesthesiologist that day? And I certinly don't want blood pressure meds I do not need.

If it isan't one thing it is another -- I can't just stop being scared -- God knows I've tried. And I can't keep on going on with this pain and immobility I'm discouraged. BUT, when my DIL brought over one of those fancy digital readout blood pressure monitors that inflates itself tonight, we took my blood pressure and it was 110/57, which is great. I just don't knowo what to do -- I guess I'll just have to talk to my PC on Thursday about it.

Peace and love to you.

Milli
 
Butterfly

I don't know what's happened but I sent you a message last night. I was in bed not well and read your yesterday's post. So I replied right away. Maybe I did the alert thingy wrong!!!

Yes I'm ok thank you. Well ou know how it i. If the operation enters my mind my tummy lurches head spins and fear overcomes me.
I know your the same.

Not been on here . My daughters have been home for a week. Two daughters, two boyfriends.two dogs !!!!! So not had much time to myself.
One daughter not so good, she has her own hairdressers with 20 staff, she is finding it all too much and is very stressed.

I have a date for my pre op. it's the 30th October. So looks like my operation should be in November sometime . Phew!!!!!!!

Your blood pressure problem is not really a problem. It's white coat syndrome. I have two friends with it. One of them has had hip replacement . Take it daily at home , keep a record and show those miserable docs.
It will be a normal reading everyday. I promise.

I don't know what's happened to my post I sent you bout my mums cemented hips. See if you can find it please.

As for the fear milli well what can I say ? Same here !!!!! Like you have tried to conquer it, to no avail.
At the moment I'm playing a nice game with my fear . It's called being an ostrich !!!!! Soon as I think about it I say go away !!! Stick my head in the sand, kind of works lol.

I'm still totally freaked out by the thought of it, horrible, don't like it.
So playing the ostrich game is ok. Lol

Take care milli, must go my mum isn't too good so got to hobble !!!! Up her 26 steps to see her. That's pulling all my muscles in my rib area coz I have to pull myself up with my arms. What can I do she is 91 and needs to see me to brighten her day somewhat.

Angie
 
Butterfly,

Hi milli, I'm not sure if you are getting my posts to you?

I've written a couple and can't find them!!!!

Could you let me know please.

Hope you are holding up.

Write to me
Angie
 
cornishhedge I've been having the same trouble. I think I've written to you since the last one abovek but can't find it. I've been having a little trouble with the forum in general -- losing things, etc.

Anyway, I am glad to hear from you. Did they ever give you a surgery date? Mine is the 30th of Sept. and I'm getting nervous, but trying very hard to keep calm so my BP doesn't shoot up again. I am at a point now where I am afraid of the fear -- which just makes a vicious circle and makes it worse, and besides that, it is stupid and serves no purpose whatsoever!!! I'm kind of mad at myself --I am supposed to be a grownup (at least my driver's license says so) and I've managed all sorts of difficult things in my life -- deaths of my parents, divorce, bringing up kiddos, working at horribly stressful jobs for very difficult bosses (lawyers), moving all over the place when husband was in the army, deployment of husband, taking care of invalid husband, etc., etc. -- and yet I am FALLING APART over this hip thing and can't get my act together!! Feel like I should just check myself into a mental hospital.

I WILL do this though, even if I have to do it with gritted teeth and singing "We Shall Overcome" at the top of my lungs.

Enough about me. How are you and your husband doing? And your mom? Could you move her downstairs so it isn't so hard for you to get up there and take care of her? Hey, I've started watching Rosemary and Thyme on Netflix and I like it. Sort of like a double Miss Marple, and I DO like Miss Marple -- older MIss Marple, played by Joan somebody (is it Hickson?) -- I think she is probably dead now. She was quite elderly when she was actually playing the part -- 80-ish I think.

Please take care of yourself and let me know what's going on in your life.

Peace and love to you,

Milli
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom