Guest viewing is limited

Help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi alipali,

Thanks for the reply.

No not brave lol. Far from it but trying to pretend i am.

I had a thought of an analogy , it's like knowing the baby is in there and it's got to come out.!

Well got a rubbish joint that's in there.

Thought I might try to lay back and think of England . Do you think it will work??

Yes am in cornwall so we are fairly close .

Regards.

Ps I don't know if we are supposed to put our names at the end. It says at the intro not to use your real name.
 
Hi it is fine to use you first name in your post, if you want, other people do, just not as your user name.
So sorry you have flu.
Laying back and thinking of England sounds a good way of looking of it.LOL and yes I think it would work!
I would just take tiny steps... But I know that is easier said than done.
Carry on pretending to be brave...I am sure that will help.
Is it the actual operation that worries you? I can't remember anything about either of mine....!
Ali x
 
Hi Ali ,

Well you have two new hips great. So I am talking to a person who knows lol.


No it's not the actual operation that worries me.

It's my brain that worries me lol

I know what I am like. I will lay there waiting and imagining all sorts of things going wrong. Clots, infections, allergy to the drugs, operation failing. Oh you name it i will convince myself it's going to happen.

Let alone my dodgy heart, and funny head ( debilitating migraines regularly)

So what am I saying I guess I am saying I'm afraid of myself !!!?????

I'm not saying this lightly I really am the worst worrier I have ever met. I don't know anyone as bad as me.

That's why I thought I might try to get some therapy to help me.

There is a reason for my attitude . I obviously can't go into it all here, but its a problem that has developed because I have had tremendous Trauma in my life which was ongoing over years.

Regards Angie

Ps didn't mean to go into all that lol
 
Annie you do certainly have a Hugh amount to deal with. I know worrying is overwhelming. I had 2 parents who worried....surprisingly I am not that way inclined.
Therapy may a good idea or CBT in the short term.
So in my experience of worriers means that what ever reassurance I try to give you will find it will have limited impact. I do feel cofident you will find you own pathway alongside the support you will get here.
Posting on this forum is a good start and I hope you may recognise that with time.
People open up their hearts so you need not ever feel alone.
Ali x
 
Hi Ali,

Yes clever girl you are right, nothing seems to help my out of control thoughts. I only wish something would help.

As I said there is a reason. CBT or even hypnosis I don't care as long as it will help. You would imagine I would be less scared as I got older but I haven't .

I am pleased to hear you are not a worrier, my husband is like that. Well apart from worrying about me nd all my bits.lol

How did you get away with not having your age put up for all to see???

Cheek. Ha ha

Regards Angie ( not Annie lol) no probs we all make mistakes as we get older he he
 
Trust me, you are perfectly normal in your fears and anxieties! If I had a pound for every patient who coyly whispered to me that they were afraid/anxious/frightened/terrified as I wheeled them from the holding bay into the anaesthetic room, I'd be a millionaire by now! You can count me in on that list as well even though I spent my entire career in the operating theatre from ages 19 to 65! I still managed to have butterflies running amok in my stomach, chest and brain! You are not alone!
 
Thank you Josephine ,
If anyone knows you must.!!

That helps a bit !!

Angie
 
Hi Cornish
I was so much in denial that the first time I was shown my Xray I was convinced there must have been a mix up and it was someone else's - I actually asked for it to be checked out! Needless to say it was mine and 6 months later I am nearly 2 weeks post op and so glad that I made the journey to this point. I knew within weeks of the initial diagnosis that I would not be able to complete the journey without a huge amount of support. I asked to see a counsellor and continued to see her on a regular basis throughout the waiting months and I'm looking forward to seeing her again for the first time since the op on Friday. I have been very fortunate with the GPs at my surgery too who have all spent a great deal of time working with me to help me get to the point where I could go through with the op.
Finally, just a week before my surgery, I discovered this forum - it was the final link in a chain which has taken me from where you are now to life post op and I am so happy and grateful.
So gather your support bit by bit - it sounds like you already have a wonderful supporter in your husband - and courage will come. And your life will be yours again.

Very best wishes UK Diane xxx
 
Gosh Diane ,

You only just had yours done. Congratulations. Nice that its over now. Behind you , great.

Thanks for Your support.

I see you like gardening, oh it's my passion. I made a wonderful garden in our last house. Admired by all who saw it.

This house is very different. My husband has done a wonderful job landscaping it. But oh dear it's not got my mark on it.
I can't do a thing. I do so love it. I miss it so much. Therefore am hoping IF all goes well I may get back to it.

Angie
 
Hi Angie,
That is what you need to say to yourself. 'My garden is waiting for me'?.....and it is not if, it is when...
Ali x
 
Hi Angie It was losing the ability to work in my garden that drove me to find out what was going wrong with my hip and it was the belief that I would be able to return to it that has kept me going on my journey, albeit with very many wobbles on the way! But just think how wonderful it will be when you can make your new garden your own. You can start making plans for what you would like to see growing there right now. Once the decision to go ahead with surgery has been made then the only way is onwards and upwards!

Take care my gardening friend

UK Diane xxx
 
You will be so glad you did it! You will get your life back and the pain now is most likely worse than from surgery. I had mine just 5 weeks ago and my life now is 100% better. I used to cry every day and be so frustrated because I could not do so many things anymore. I have not cried once since surgery,and I already can do so much. Having this surgery is the best decision I ever made! Please read all the success stories here and they will help you lose your fear!
 
Hi Diane,Texas and Ali,

Thank you for your inspirational words.

Pilates and gardening wow, yes please. Texas just 5 weeks and your better already wow.

I cry at what I can't do I also cry with the amount of pain I get. It's when I have stood in the kitchen for 5 minutes longer than I should.
Oh boy agony.

So each day I am talking myself into having it done.

It's this site that's doing it to me lol. Making me have my hip replaced lol

Funny really if you asked me a year ago I would have said ...... Oh no never.

You are all very brave ladies and I admire you your courage.

Angie
 
Well I have made a move!!!!!

I had a paper here that the surgeon gave me when I saw him. So I called the secretary . She was lovely. So kind and helpful.
I have to go and start all over again because it was a year ago I saw the other guy.

Well she is secretary to three surgeons and has advised me to ask for a particular one.( I don't know if I am allowed to name him so won't just in case) apparently he is the surgeon who has the job of correcting the metal on metal ones that have gone wrong.

She also said he is the best in my area. Not sure if she is biased or what lol.

Also ......... The wait..... It's four weeks.
I nearly died I thought she was going to say 6 months or more.

So, it's one small step for woman and one giant step for Angie !!!!!!!! Lol

Yikkkkkkkks
 
Angie,
Your news is absolutely brilliant. Yippee...Well done
It sounds like you surgeon is very experienced if he is doing revisions.
4 weeks wait is excellent. It will go in a flash.
Your ARE brave now as you have taken the first step.
You have made my day!
Ali x
 
[Bonesmart.org] Help needed.
Good for you, Angie!!! While you're waiting for your consult, do your reading and research, start making lists of how to get your ducks in a row, line up family and friends to give you a hand, and do a LOT of POSITIVE thinking. This surgery is truly life changing for the better.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Help needed.
 
Well got to see doc and get referred first.

Not done that yet as I am still not well after this flu bug.

Does anyone know if I can ask that orthodoc a question myself. ?
Josephine did say I could but being slightly thick I don't know quite how to, or even if I am allowed to.

I want to ask if he knows about fast heart beats. I have to take tenormin to keep it under control. So that's another of my worries.

Only one of them got lots more lol.
It's a nasty problem I hate it.

Oh yes and when orthodox answered me, he said he thought I had seen a hemotologist to get my diagnosis of the factor v Leiden .

Well no only saw GP. ( long story) she wasn't really interested and just said yes you've got it. Hmmmmm

Angie

Ps thanks for your support all of you. I am still learning how to look around the board.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom