Testing of the fluids taken from my knees showed no infection, so that's great, but I never really thought that was the problem. The next step is for me to have a blood test taken and sent to Chicago to see if I am allergic to the components in my replacements. It makes sense to check for an allergy given that I am having a lot of pain and swelling in both knees, but I have a sense that isn't the problem.
Could it be a lot of scar tissue? I do have the feeling that something is wrapped around my knee cap or in the inside front of my knee. Would that develop after things were going rather well, at the 9 - 10 month mark, and then start getting worse after that? But if it is scar tissue that is the problem, what can be done about it? I'm thrilled to think that I may have a problem that doesn't require surgery to fix and I can't believe scar tissue would be fixed with still more surgery, but...what else?
I know folks have recommended I see a revision specialist and I absolutely intend to, but I wanted to get the two most serious, obvious things checked out first. Any revision specialist, I imagine, will ask whether I've been checked to make sure there are no infections or allergies.
But in the meantime, I'm really curious to hear folks' response to the scar tissue question. I know Josephine posted on the tight feeling in the knees which she said was caused by scar tissue, but that was supposed to fade over time and instead mine has gotten much worse.
Thanks, and sending strong healing wishes to everyone in the early stages of their recovery!!