Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR HELP - 16 months out and in pain<

I had my recent TKR revision through Rothman. I'm in New Jersey and I see you're from Philly. Would be interesting to know the name of your OS since my OS resigns in Philadelphia. It wouldn't happen to be Dr. Ponzio?
No, my original OS was Jess Lonner. He did a good job on the BTKR, but once I had complications he lost interest. I eventually saw the head of the joint replacement program and he was completely unhelpful. A total disappointment.
 
“Twin”,
So happy to hear you will soon have a permanent solution to this 4-year struggle. But what a geographical as well as medical journey you’ve been on! Kudos to you for continuing to research, interview and persist to find the elusive answer that the surgeons couldn’t identify. Let us know if there is anything we can do to cheer you on. We’ll be here.
:thankyou: It has been a long, strange, not-fun journey which so few people who haven't had joint replacements, and esp. those who haven't had complications, can understand. I am so guardedly hopeful this third time does the trick and I can walk and stand up straight, pain-free!!!! I'll keep you posted.
 
No, my original OS was Jess Lonner. He did a good job on the BTKR, but once I had complications he lost interest. I eventually saw the head of the joint replacement program and he was completely unhelpful. A total disappointment.

When I had my first appointment at Rothman, the wannabe orthopedic surgeon that I saw had a personality of a rock and the bedside manner of a guerrilla. This impersonator of an orthopedic surgeon decided to aspirate my knee in the office. I had my knee aspirated over a dozen times in the last 8 years and I can tell you this OS had no idea what he was doing. After trying to draw fluid for five long minutes he was unsuccessful. He left me in so much pain and I was unable to get back to my truck on my own I had to be taken to the ER.

Next day I called Rothman and I didn't stop until I got upper management. Not only did I tell them what happened with my visit with him, the torture he put me through, but I demanded to be assigned another OS. Also, I wanted a full copy of the medical report with my visit with him. I have pictures of what the impersonator did to my knee, but they are too gruesome to show on here.

I was a little nervous and praying it wasn't my OS that did your surgery lol As far as I'm concerned, I would recommend my OS who did my TKR revision to anyone.
 
Wow - that's horrific! I see that Dr. Ponzio is a woman, so that isn't the OS with whom you had a problem. Who was the one who caused you all that pain?
 
Wow - that's horrific! I see that Dr. Ponzio is a woman, so that isn't the OS with whom you had a problem. Who was the one who caused you all that pain?

Oh no please, my experience with Dr. Ponzio was the total opposite to the jerk who tried to aspirate my knee at the office, his name is Dr. Post.

I remember my first appointment with Dr. Ponzio, after a 45 minute consultation with her she asked me if I had any questions, I said yes I do have one, how good are you with power tools, setting up jigs and vice grips? She started laughing and with a giant confident look on her face she said, I'm very good with power tools. I said, then you're the doctor for me lol

(For you folks who are scratching their head about the power tool question, go watch a YouTube video of a total knee replacement being done. The majority of the surgery consists of using power tools and jigs)

I did tell Dr. Ponzio about my experience with the first OS when he tried to aspirate my knee in the office. Another reason why I like Dr. Ponzio, she gave me a referral to have my knee aspirated at the hospital where they totally numb your knee and use ultrasound to pinpoint the fluid in your knee which causes less stress and pain.

After having two knee surgeries In less than four months by Dr. Ponzio, the PA LeeAnn and her team, I would recommend Dr. Ponzio to anyone without any hesitation.
 
Wow - that's great to know. I know a very senior person at Rothman, so I'll be happy to share with him such high praise for Dr. Post. Glad it went so well for you. On another note - not a chance I will ever watch a video of any operation, let alone one that involves power tools! I certainly want to read the narrative, but have to pass on the visuals.
 
After having two knee surgeries In less than four months by Dr. Ponzio, the PA LeeAnn and her team, I would recommend Dr. Ponzio to anyone without any hesitation.
This is good to know as I’m in Delaware and will eventually need a revision.
 
Okay, I'm heading to Houston Methodist Hospital mid-June for a rotating hinged knee implant on June 18th. If this works and lasts for more than 6 months, I'll have the left knee done as well, and then HOPE I'm done. If this works I will be sure to ask the folks at Rothman, etc. WHY they told me to just live with the pain. If it doesn't work...I'll just have to live with the pain.

I just run across your post about the hinged knee implant that you were to get in June 16 in Houston. I kept reading for your outcome but there have been no updates!

I am very interested in this as I too have had two unsuccessful revisions and my last chance is a hinged. Instability due to stretched ligaments is my problem also! I am looking for an excellent hospital with an excellent surgeon.
Please post an update or send me a message if you prefer!

I am hoping and praying that you are now on the mend with your recovery and that you will eventually have the knee stability you deserve!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom