THR Happy Hippy From the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolling luggage - yes please! @Gummy Bears - I used an office bag/trolley and found it wonderfully helpful. Must admit I had to contain myself from loading it up too much though. I kept icepacks in my fridge/freezer in my office - what's godsend to come back from sitting in an awful meeting chair to plonking myself on an icepack.

You sound as though you are recovering very well GB - good for you! :)

I don't think I have provided you with this information, so here goes...

The following is a link to an article which provides the science regarding the healing process beneath and around the implant and the approximate timeframes for our bodies healing phases and processes.

Healing Phases & Nutrition

Nutrition plays a huge part in surgical recovery, in fact it is one of the 'forgotten topics' of recovery..

This second link is to other nutritional articles which you may find interesting, including one relating to bone health.

Nutritional advice for pre op and recovery

This third link refers to my ongoing research..

nutritional-snippets-did-you-know

Feel free to tag me if you have any questions regarding nutrition.

However, I would appreciate if you (or any other member) do not request advice regards supplements as I would be breaking the Common Law Act (under which I am governed) to prescribe outside of my practice, especially via the Internet.
 
Have enjoyed reading your journey! I hope to follow in your footsteps. I am 11 days out and feeling better and better. way to go @Gummy Bears
 
Post op day 24 - my first day back in the office went great! I was able to easily drive downtown and back, which I was nervous about before hand. My little bag on rollers worked out well so I didn't have to carry anything. I brought one crutch but really didn't need it so was awkward going from the garage to my office and back, I did the motion of using a crutch but could have just as well carried it! Without thinking, I ran (light jog) after a colleague of mine, and my coworker was like, "don't run, stop running!" And I stopped immediately. I also (out of habit) went into a deep squat to the floor when packing my bag at the end of the day, felt a little weird and stood up right away. Jogging and squatting? Whuuuut? All and all a great day and no energy drain. Here's to continued improvement!
 
Well done @Gummy Bears I'm sure you work colleagues are pleased to have you back, but you will have to be careful not to over do things.
 
I just reread your thread and I'm smiling! Your recovery has been nothing short of miraculous and with your little ones, it's exactly what you needed! God bless my friend!
 
@Cynthia777 i know, I am truly grateful! Life is going a million miles a minute now (work is super busy and I think people expect me to be fine, since I look totally fine.). I really cherish the little bit of rest I get on the weekends!
 
Just remember, it takes a full year normally to completely heal and you don't want to try and be super mom right now. You are going to have to make sure you get some "mom time", not only for your physical well-being, but for your psychological/emotional health. You're a great gal and I wish you all the best dear one!
 
Hi all! Hope all is well! Quick question...I'm at PT this morning and forgot to take Tylenol. I'm concerned I might get sore (I'm heading to work after.). Do you think it's okay to take Advil? I have that with me. I'm on no meds anymore besides occasional
Tylenol. I stopped aspirin for blood thinner last Thursday. Thanks!
 
6 week post op check up today - nothing really to report, saw the OS briefly. Basically, I can do whatever but he said not to run on it for 3 months but I can go back to the gym. Lets just say I've had to run briefly a few times when trying to prevent my 3 year old from injuring herself, but we won't count those.
I'm back in the full swing of things, life is pretty much back to normal and I'm so glad! I didn't realize how much energy and thought I was putting into this hip! I'm so ready to move on!
Hope all my bonesmart friends are doing well! I really appreciate all the support (you know who you are!). We are off for some traveling the next 2 weeks but I will be sure to post about my first spin class when that happens!
 
@Gummy Bears
In glad your getting back into the swing of things and life is feeling normal again:) have fun on your trip and thanks for reaching out to me yesterday.
Good luck and have fun!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good news- glad the follow-up went well.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
 
@KcSweet1975 he told me at two weeks I could when I was ready (it's my R hip.). Of course you have to be off pain meds and I pretty much was at that point. Between the second and third week, I drove around our neighborhood a few times. At about post op day 24, it was time to work at the office, I drive through the city and its about 30 minutes with all the stop lights. It worked out fine (thankfully!).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom