THR Happy for any advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Carriemay60 That is a great outfit and it sounds quite spirited in your corner of the world!
Quite the run down of costumes and characters. Yes, I do hope your neighbor entertains again! Really fun to have that kind of action. Even as a kid I loved the 'adults' who got into it.
 
Sitting trying to enjoy my Saturday morning coffee. I look up from the computer and it is snowing!!! So depressing
:snow dig:
 
@Carriemay60

Wow that is a great costume,

Nope can't train the dog to put her toys away but I did train her to poop on command. A trade off but I am okay with not standing in the rain waiting for Gem to poop! I trained her to go to the word "job"

Snowing.....not yet! Although I was up a ladder today testing Christmas lights and reviewing garland orientation! Don't want to be surprised Dec 1st by stuff not working. I also did a couple hours of gardening and yard work to prepare for the oncoming winter months!

Cheryl
 
Imagine snow already... not that I ever see much here. We had a bad winter about 4 years ago and the country came to a stand still for days. But I got to have a white Christmas and that felt very special. Hope the snow doesn't last too long or cause to many problems..

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
@CanukTriMom Holy cow ~ I can't believe you went up a ladder!!! Not sure I will ever do that again, at least not beyond my little house/kitchen one. I would like a few things done outside PDQ so I guess I have begging to do :)

@NoraJ It only wound up snowing for about 30 minutes and didn't stick thank goodness but I know it is a sign of things to come. I am trying to ignore the rumors that we are in for a rough winter. Not unusual at all for us to see a couple of feet which just doesn't fit for me this year :)
 
@beachgal I wonder if you remember Muckingabout putting up a link to a firm pillow that was a covered square of firm foam. I think it had a strap on it for easy carrying? I am feeling almost ready to return the recliner but want something that is going to square up the seat on my leather couch. I have tried doing a search but it seems to turn up sleeping cushions and wedges. I will also tag @muckingabout but haven't seen her in quite some time. Thanks very much in advance if you or anyone can help!
 
I thought I had found it but no! Still looking.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I took one of those carry pillows with me for about a month to meetings , church, restaurants ,etc...
I was glad to have it...
In garage now. Smile


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@beachgal @alexthecat @MajorHeidi

Alex, thank you! thank you!!! That is it! and a good price too :) I would like to order it to meet me at my son's place in the States come Thanksgiving.

Beachgal, thanks so much for looking - you're a great friend! :friends: Heidi, I'm sure there will be restaurants, etc. I will use it for. Hopefully it will work on my couch too to prevent me sinking in at the back. I figure if I have to pry myself out of a couch or chair it can't be doing me much good at all.
 
That looks like an awesome cushion! That's not the one I thought you meant...I was looking for more of a wedge shaped pillow...my bad....sorry.....but I'm thrilled that @alexthecat located it on Amazon!
 
That was the kind of cushion I had for my wheelchair after my hip fracture. I think I only used it in the car a few times after THR. My cat sleeps on it now, so it must be comfortable!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
Ugh! Feeling really tired and sore. I can't seem to shift the ache in my hip the last couple of days and keep catching my foot on things causing it to point outwards far too fast - of course that stress just shoots through my knee like lightening :( The fatigue is really overwhelming for some reason yet I am confident I am not depressed - lots of creative ideas going on for Christmas for the grandkids and actually accomplishing a few things! I am really confident this too shall pass but it's making time drag for me.
 
@Carriemay60. Sorry you aren't feeling too chipper today. Something we all go through, but we don't like it. Keeping busy is a great way to fight it off and you are always up to something, so my guess is it won't last. Sending hugs and hopes tomorrow will be a better day!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Carriemay60. Hope you have a better day today & that pain subsides...sounds like a rest day, icing & more painkillers would be in order.....glad you feel like you are accomplishing creatively...it does help to while away a few hours...and I bet the grandkids will love it! Xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Rhonda K @Hoppy Nanny Nanny, you may very well be right - my husband made the same suggestion last night. Not sure I am up for much today anyway as I had a really lousy sleep last night; I assume due to the time change. I only have physio today so will take it easy. Rhonda is right, the ups and downs and fatigue are quite normal. I think running a few errands and getting in & out of the car is much more tiring than I appreciated.

I got two of the little grand daughters 'lalaloopsy' sets which are 4 inch little dolls that are super bright and funky. Great for table top role play. Now my plan is to enhance that by building them each a little house out of giant popsicle sticks and painting them in the funky colors. When our oldest daughter was little she had a huge doll house one year but the furniture was too expensive for it so I built it all out of popsicle sticks and painted it all in what is now known as shabby/chic. If I have the time, I love doing things like that. :)
 
Well you are such a sweet grandmother building popsicle stick dollhouses. That's very crafty of you.
I hope you are feeling better today!
 
@Carriemay60

I find that the sudden change in weather we get here in Ontario lately gives me the odd ache as well. Popsicle beach furniture sounds like just the thing for the lalaloopsy sets.

Such a creative idea. Hope you feel better soon...ice, elevation and some drugs will fix you right up.

Take care

Cheryl
 
Gosh I've no idea what lalaloopsy dolls are....not in the UK yet! But loving the sounds of the shabby chic dolls houses....I'm rubbish at craft ideas so envy your talents @Carriemay60.... You must post some pictures when they are done xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom