THR Happy for any advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Carriemay60, I've been in seminars for the past two days and have another one tomorrow so I'm not able to post much but I pray daily for all my BS buddies and you are especially high on the list. I, too, am anticipating the holidays. We are blessed.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have a very special request of all my friends and family to have a little prayer if you are one to pray or hold the thought for healing if you don't. One of my closest friends. Tina was gifted with her 1st granddaughter just 4 months ago. Mali Ffion lives in London, UK. It became apparent quite quickly that she suffered from a 'deformity' in her liver bile duct. This sweet baby has been in acute liver failure for about 3 weeks now. About 90 minutes ago, the family was told that there is a liver available. After 6 hours of fasting and when the transplant team in together she will start on a 10+ hour journey of surgery. Also in all of thoughts and prayers is the family that have lost a loved one (likely a child) to make this transplant possible for Mali. Please help us all hold the thought
 
Prayers winging their way from down under for baby and family xx
 
Done from south MS! I'll post update later as I'm at ortho dr now. Hope he cuts me loose!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Carriemay60 - Hoping all goes well for baby Mali!! And prayers to donors' family! I hope your doing well...i'm back at work, so haven't been on much
 
Back to ortho yesterday; just more of the same really. Another injection of steroid and anesthetic in the knee, a little more discussion about doing a surgical release of scar tissue and possible knee replacement. I am still getting some dull deep aching in my hip but he thinks that will dissipate with time and physio. I go back in 4 weeks and he has asked to take a new physio report so he can compare progress.

The baby's surgery went very well and she is doing as well as can be expected really. It's one heck of a surgery and recovery for sure! The parents are hopeful they will get to hold her today :)
 
@Carriemay60, lots of prayers still going up for the baby, parents, and for your recovery! You are doing great, just taking your time to keep moving forward is a chore, I know, but the results are happening so be encouraged!

I go back to OS in a year! I'm not healed yet, but I'm on my way! I can't wait until I read those words from you on this thread! It WILL happen! Promise.
 
@Carriemay60, glad you're doing great. Keep pushing and you'll get where you want to be. HEALED. Prayers going up for baby , parents and family.
and continued healing to you.
dan
 
@Carriemay60, you and your recovery are my Christmas wish this year. I'm so thankful for you and hope 2015 brings the healing and energy you so deserve. Blessings.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Scar tissue release?
Hmmm....
Related to your incision?
What is your presenting symptom?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @Carriemay60 - Hope all is well, haven't heard from you in a bit. Hopefully tha'ts a good thing and you are recovering well and feeling better!!
 
@beachgal @Rhonda K @MajorHeidi @CanukTriMom @toohip

Hi everyone - thank you all for your good wishes. We went down to the Indianapolis area for a week to stay with our oldest son, his wife and our two little granddaughters. While we were there our little Ruby turned 3, we had a fabulous Thanksgiving Day & feast with our daughter in laws family an a had a little mini Christmas with the kids. It was a wonderful time but a bit long in the car for me - 9+ hours each way.

We also went to a Indy University - "Hoosiers" vs. Eastern Washington basketball game. Our son attended both schools and DIL went to Indy so the competition was ON!!! We had tons of fun! Unfortunately my knee took a blow getting caught under one of those spring loaded seats an while it may have broken through some scar tissue, between that and the drive I feel a bit set back at the moment.

I am pushing on with Physio and think my biggest remaining challenge is to get the muscle built up in my leg. I know I have to get in the pool but can't yet seem to get the guts up. We have had some bits of snow and ice already which of course freaks me out too.

I hope everyone is keeping well an moving forward :roseshwr:
 
@Carriemay60...soooo glad when I saw you were back on. Been worried..lol. So nice that you had such a good time with your family. Good times are great for our state of mind and recovery. But I know it took a toll just getting there and back, but so worth it for you I'm sure. Keep working on strengthening those leg muscles and keep your eye on the goal that will come with time. Happy you are doing well. We need you cheering us on here! You are so good at it!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom