Guest viewing is limited

THR Happy again - my crying days are over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nylsor Good to hear from you, so far so good with the op, but I haven't been outof bed yet, that's to come after breakfast.

I wasn't a teacher, but I DO love the English language, and enjoy writing. I spent 30 odd years in the Fire Service, twenty five in the Control Room, and the rest in Service Review and Audit. Loved every minute, but had to take early retirement at 51 on ill health grounds, which was devatating at the time. I am really enjoying my free time now, and have spent most of it so far working on my golf handicap, and can't wait to get out there swinging again!

I have resolved that, for once in my life, I will do exactly as I'm told during this recovery period, and stick rigidly to the rules. Onward and upwards!

Regards,

Sandy
 
@zauberflote Eight episodes of bubble netting? What on earth is bubble netting? Nylsor The decision is made.....I'm keeping both pair. Purple Keens, and Clarks black sandals for dress-up.
sharonslp and here I thought "middle of the Mitten" was UK, I didn't even think of "mitten" as meaning the hand gear LOL LOL. I want purple Keens.... I have one pair of Keens, and love them to pieces, the fit, the feel, everything except the antibacterial part, which unfortunately makes them stink. And no others of my shoes stink, so it's not me LOL.
I would post a youtube of whales bubble netting but it really would hijack poor Ros, who is being so accomodating. So you must look it up yourself, or I might remember to put it up on my thread. Fascinating humpback whale feeding behavior.
ellasmummy go for that textbook recovery!! :)
Nylsor pardon us while we hijack your thread....:wink: :)
 
Nylsor, Have just read your post on my thread - what an incredible coincidence - I spent the afternoon in Berkhamsted! My mother lives there and I live very close by! Will reply in more detail tomorrow - just heading up for an early night after quite a busy day ( not spent in the garden as planned)!
 
Well hello everybody! My haven't you all been busy!
sharonslp - thank goodness for Google - I hadn't a clue what Keens were. I'd call them trainers / sneakers and they sell them in the UK. You live and learn - I didn' t know that. My husband has just groaned and hidden his head in the Sunday newspaper when I said 'Oh look at these shoes that Sharon bought - don't you think they're really nice?' He thinks a pair will be delivered to our door next week :heehee: and he could be right. And don't worry about the bubble netting pics. I'll love to see them as we've booked to go on a whale watching excursion in Juneau. We booked it privately - it was recommended by various sites on the net.
ellasmummy - Sandy - I do hope that you are progressing well and that you are doing everything the PT tells you and not pretending to be asleep when she comes round. Who did that? Well, it could have been me - but only once.
ByGosh - I read out your very kind remarks about my husband to him and he sort of smirked. Maybe he thinks you'll start a fan club. Ha! He's not that good. No really, he is very kind and helpful and we've already discussed how he can improve his (nursing) performance if / when I have the other hip done. I think I'll have to at some point as I have OA in the left hip but not to the extent I had in the right one. There are things I'll certainly do differently - buying an 'A' pillow for one as I hated sleeping on my back and I can sleep sort of sitting up. I'd also ask for pain meds and sleeping tabs while in hospital I was exhausted when I got home.
anniemg - I'm so glad I'm over the 'blues'. I don't think we're told enough aboutthe emotional effect of THR. It certainly took me by surprise and at least if there is another 'next time' I won't be scared witless like I was this time. Until I found this site and all the very helpful, kind and supportive people who post here.
zauberflöte - nice to hear from you. And do post the bubble netting or at least a link to the youtube site. I don't mind in the least.
BeckyR - we seem to have got a nice community here - it's really good to hear how everyone is doing and to support each other. Perhaps we all ought to go into politics - we'd most probably make a much better job than someof our present leaders
inca1 - Fiona - well what a small world! My daughter and SIL live in Northchurch just outside / on the borders of Berkhamsted. They moved there 2.5 years ago and love it. We always went for walks on the Ashridge Estate and I'm looking forward to the next walk - I couldn't go on Boxing Day due to the awful hip but I'll be galloping around there this Boxing Day!
Must go now as lunch is ready and I don't want to upset Mike.
The sun's shining here in the UK - hooray!!
Take care everyone, Ros :flwrysmile:
 
Nylsor I couldn't agree more about this website and the wonderful people here, who rally round each other and give each other support all of the time, especially if things are tough. It's unfortunate that you are anticipating another THR, but very positive that you have ideas on how to improve your recovery. It's bound to go smoother the second time, as you'll know what to expect. Take care, glad you're feeling happier.:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom