THR Happy again - my crying days are over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BeckyR Keep on reading the postings if you want hilarity. Try zauberflöte, she's fresh post-op, but still quite humorous - or maybe because she's fresh post-op, she's more humorous. Either way, you'll like reading her posts, she's cute. There's lots more fun going on around here. You'll have to look around a little to find it. We also have a Land of Limerick in the Social Room, if your into that sort of thing. It can get pretty funny. Check it out.
And why wait til after surgery to get that butt massage?? LOL:heehee: No time like the present!
When is your surgery, by the way?
 
ByGosh, Yes, the site has given me some good laughs, which I've really needed recently. My surgery is July 10th. School ends June 7th, so I'll have time to work out in the pool and do my stretching exercises to help get ready. I asked my husband if he would massage my behind after the surgery and he insisted on starting right away. He said he needs to practice every day to perfect his technique. He was transported, you might say. I've enjoyed zauberflote's postings, although I don't know how to make the umlaut on my computer -- can you help me with that? This site is fabulous. Cheers!
 
Hi BeckyR,

Just a tip, if you want to "tag" someone in response to their messages to you just type in the @ sign immediately followed by their user name and you'll see a small box below and to the left of the posting area where the members user name will display. Sometimes there might be a very slight pause, but the member user name will appear.

it will show their correct name which you can click on -- then when you submit your post the member's user name/link will turn blue and send a message to them person, like this

Poppet
 
BeckyR hahaha, that hubby of yours, he's no dummy. He knows a good thing when he hears it! :heehee:


You are getting out of school early where you live. We here in Conn. aren't getting out until June 26th or something, because of Hurricane Sandy and Blizzard Nemo. We lost a lot of school. I loved it because I didn't have to go into work then when I was in so much pain, but it'll be late for the kids to get out this year.
You'll have lots of time to get yourself prepared for your surgery. You can get the equipment you need and get the house ready. Have you read the links about that in this forum? They're very helpful with tips on preparing. I started collecting my equipment months before I was even scheduled because I knew I needed surgery. Let one of the moderators know if you haven't gotten the links and they'll be sure to post them for you. Or if I find them, I'll put them on your site.
Take care, and keep laughing with us! The more the merrier.:)
 
Thank you, ByGosh! I did get those links, and will be ready. My biggest concern is that school begins again in mid-August, and I'm hoping I can be back for the beginning of school, because that's when you really bond with the kids. I'll have 5 weeks before it is time to go back. Because I'm having SuperPATH, my surgeon thinks I'll be fine, but I'm not sure. Do you teach school? If so, what level/subject?
 
ByGosh... I'm reposting this, because I didn't tag you properly a moment ago...

Thank you, ByGosh! I did get those links, and will be ready. My biggest concern is that school begins again in mid-August, and I'm hoping I can be back for the beginning of school, because that's when you really bond with the kids. I'll have 5 weeks before it is time to go back. Because I'm having SuperPATH, my surgeon thinks I'll be fine, but I'm not sure. Do you teach school? If so, what level/subject?
 
Hello BeckyR You may be ready by then to go back. Some people do go back to work not too long after their surgery. BarbaraR went back after 4 weeks, but found it tiring. Littlejem went back around then, too, I believe. It all depends on you and your recovery, and even the type of work you do. Although it may put a bit of pressure on you to get better quickly. Just see how you do and you'll know if you're ready.
I am a school nurse, not a teacher. I've been working pediatrics since my son was born about 25 years, now. Pediatricians office first, then school nurse, sometimes both - all part-time to raise the kids without too much stress.
What grade do you teach? I love the kids, love being in the school setting, so full of life.
 
I've enjoyed zauberflote's postings, although I don't know how to make the umlaut on my computer -- can you help me with that?
Hey BeckyR ! I've been turned in again by ByGosh apparently LOL. You've already gotten the instructions for how to tag people, so that's ok. Thank you for enjoying my posts-- makes me feel good post-hip!! :)
What grade do you teach, and is it your favorite? :) :)
 
@Zauberflote, ByGosh. Yes, I now know how to tag people, and I have to remember to do it properly. I've enjoyed your posts. I teach 6th grade, World History, and it is my favorite grade to teach. They are still children, affectionate and enthusastic, and are fun to be with (most of the time!). I've also taught 7th and 8th grade, as well as college and graduate school (as an adjunct). Are you a teacher, too? There seem to be a number of us online.
 
Nylsor, sandybeach, Elosarabrab, sharonslp, nmscienceteacher ...

I am grateful for many pieces of wonderful advice I've gotten on this site, but ESPECIALLY for the idea of having my husband massage my bottom. When I told him about nylsor's husband, yesterday, and asked if he would do that for me, he SPRANG into action. He said, "Why wait? Let's get started now!" It was hard to get him to stop, and now he says we have to practice every day, because it is therapeutic for the arthritis in his hands. So -- thank you, nylsor, for the biggest laugh I've had in a long time as well as for lighting up my love life!

I hope you are all doing well. You are in my thoughts. I'm looking forward to my surgery on July 10th and to moving to "the other side" (it sounds like a seance).
 
BeckyR Just an FYI.... Because she's soooooo high maintainence (LOL) in order to tag zauberflöte, you need to either put the umlate over her 'o', or look at the bottom of the posting box, and once you start typing her name, it should appear, then you click on it and the name comes into your posting for you. So the umlate is there and she'll get the tag alert. :) You can tell if it worked, because once you Post Reply, the people's names you've tagged will turn blue and get underlined.
 
I wish I knew how to change the title of this thread or if we're allowed to change it. I'm not crying anymore and I've reverted to the happy person I was pre THR and all the pain and misery. I realise now, after reading all your advice and kind and supportive posts that the way I was feeling was perfectly normal after THR. I was scared because I didn't know this and it was only when I found this site that I found answers to my worries. This site is a gift. And BeckyR , Vida - I did sing a bit when I was knitting this evening. And you may like to know that the massage worked! :wink: Ros
 
Nylsor, sandybeach, Elosarabrab, sharonslp, nmscienceteacher ...

I am grateful for many pieces of wonderful advice I've gotten on this site, but ESPECIALLY for the idea of having my husband massage my bottom. When I told him about nylsor's husband, yesterday, and asked if he would do that for me, he SPRANG into action. He said, "Why wait? Let's get started now!" It was hard to get him to stop, and now he says we have to practice every day, because it is therapeutic for the arthritis in his hands. So -- thank you, nylsor, for the biggest laugh I've had in a long time as well as for lighting up my love life!

I hope you are all doing well. You are in my thoughts. I'm looking forward to my surgery on July 10th and to moving to "the other side" (it sounds like a seance).

Just read this out to my hubby... This was his response!

[Bonesmart.org] Happy again - my crying days are over! .

[Bonesmart.org] Happy again - my crying days are over!

But, have to love him, he got up (early Saturday morning here in OZ) and popped the central heating on and has just come back with a hot water bottle and a cuppa... ain't love grand :) BeckyR
 
Wow! Such a lot of teachers! What is it about teachers and OA? I think it must be all the standing we did. I was a Head of School (English for Speakers of Other Languages)in a post 16 College of Further Education until 2001 and then worked for myself as an Educational Consultant and specialist part-time Inspector for OFSTED for the post-16 sector until my retirement :yay:
 
Nylsor, just let me know what you'd like to change the title to and tag me. I'll be happy to take care of it for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom