Revision THR Gypsy has wandered into recovery

Good news you little squiggle you :heehee:
So nice to do things you haven't done since pre-surgery.
Hope you weren't feeling any worse for wear the next day.
Wishing you a great rest of the week!
@Gypsy
 
Whoa, it's the first weekend in June. I am still grateful that I don't have any dramatic developments to report. Slowly adding in activities that I wasn't managing before surgery, like a solo trip to Target, some work in the yard (mostly to assess how much needs to be done!), more water walking. I also went to the local recycling center with a trunkload of glass bottles. They have been around for many, many months. My husband loads them in the car and I take them away. I hope no one was watching too closely--there were a lot of bottles put in the bins!

I hope everyone has a great week.
 
Sounds like you are being very sensible.
Glad you are doing well, Gypsy.:ok:
 
You sound good @Gypsy
It's great to hear....thanks for the update.
Gotta love those Target runs. Do you ever get ONLY what you went there for. Me, never! :heehee:
Hope you have a great week!
 
I had a moment today when I realized my hip feels pretty dang good. Walking is a bit of a chore still because of the muscle weakness but my gait is improving. I think I will ask my hubby if he will accompany me on a short walk up the street, for moral support as I try and build up some endurance.

@Layla, I get what I need at Target, and then some, and then usually some more! When my husband goes along, it seems to increase the basket contents by roughly 50%. It's $afer to go $olo!
 
About time that hip decided to join the party.
You have been through so much with it over the years.
Glad you are seeing progress!!:yahoo:
 
Three months since surgery now. We just got back from a (very) quick trip to a family wedding in Kansas, and I am none the worse for wear! This trip involved flying, driving, walking (including airports, a gravel path, and a meadow), standing, and great expanses of beautiful prairie sky. My hip did not hurt. I still have a way to go, but I am feeling better and better and my world is expanding again. Wishing healing and peace to everyone.
 
:goodpost:Oh that is wonderful news and a great update.
So happy for you, Gypsy!
Onward and upward..:yahoo:
 
Three months since surgery now. We just got back from a (very) quick trip to a family wedding in Kansas, and I am none the worse for wear! This trip involved flying, driving, walking (including airports, a gravel path, and a meadow), standing, and great expanses of beautiful prairie sky. My hip did not hurt. I still have a way to go, but I am feeling better and better and my world is expanding again. Wishing healing and peace to everyone.

Awesome post ~
Okay.....so sending a little music for today (which I feel is quite appropriate : )
"Revolution" by (who else of course..) The Beatles ~
"You know it's gonna be alright" you own that song today ~
 
Last edited:
I'll have to admit I love Van Morrison myself. The love affair began when I was 18. Never tire of him.

Three Month Anniversary and a trip that involved, flying, driving and walking. How wonderful it feels to jump back into life! So very happy for you. I hope you have a peaceful evening and a wonderful weekend.
Hugs to you!
@Gypsy
 
Good Morning Gypsy ~
I was thinking about you and wanted to send you a little song today ~
"Wonderful life" by Black
I hope you have an awesome day and beautiful weekend!
Sending you positive healing vibes for your on-going recovery : )
 
No need to run and hide
It's a wonderful, wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
It's a wonderful, wonderful life

Black is new to me, but the lyrics are great .
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom