Revision THR Gypsy has wandered into recovery

No need to run and hide
It's a wonderful, wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
It's a wonderful, wonderful life

Black is new to me, but the lyrics are great.
It's ALL about the lyrics : )
Have a beautiful weekend ~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Sunday @Gypsy
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Holiday week coming right up. Middle of the week day off (hopefully)
for those who work. Wishing you a great day and upcoming week!
 
Thanks, Layla! It's been a quiet week (and a very quiet day off today). Husband is out of town visting family in Michigan (I had to sit this one out because I have no vacation time left) but I spent time with my daughter Saturday and yesterday.

I am feeling good, other than some random twitches and niggles, and keep checking things off of my "I haven't done this in a while" list. Happy July 4th to all in the U.S., and happy Wednesday to those elsewhere!
 
@Bone-obo, well, they might actually still keep me in the UDIC in light of some of the go-getters, but since you asked, here they are:

Going to two movies in the same afternoon with my daughter, which included multiple flights of stairs and some longer than usual walking to get from place to place. Vacuuming (seriously, the last time I did that I was in agony afterwards. My husband has valiantly tried but couldn't replicate my thoroughness). Going to the pool and feeling secure enough that I didn't carry a cane with me. A visit to the plant store. Next week I plan to add in mowing (I keep forgetting to fill the fuel can so I figure another week won't hurt. My husband has again stepped into the void, but see "Vaccuming" above).
 
Last edited:
they might actually still keep me in the UDIC in light of some of the go-getters
Not in the least. It's not the marathon runners I'd like to emulate - it's folks like you that're getting back to Life As We Remember It. This is a great list - thanks!!
 
Hi there,
Sounds like your recovery is moving right along, Gypsy. Long may it continue.
You'll have to let us know how the mowing goes.
I hope your weekend is great!
@Gypsy
 
Last edited:
Mowed! Survived! We've had lots of rain in Georgia so the grass was quite lush (some might say overgrown, but I'm not going to quibble over semantics). I am sweaty and covered in glass clippings but I am still upright! If I am sore tomorrow, I will know why. Now to clean up, get some water, grab some ice, and see who gets the boot on The Bachelorette tonight.
 
Glad you were able to get outside...just cut my lush Georgia grass four days ago, and it's already lush again!:umm:
Please be super careful Gypsy.
I know you have to get back to life but remember you have three months of patience you have been working on...just want this new hip to be your last!:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Gypsy
Love the smell of freshly mowed grass.

I don't watch the Bachelor but she's from here in Mn
A local female tv host ran into her at a clothing store. Said Becca mentioned
she found her guy and may be moving to LA. Whatever all that means....don't know.

You are doing well, getting out and about, living life.
All wonderful! Hope your weekend is a good one!
 
Well, time does fly by after all! I had a 9-month postop visit today. The x-rays looked good (although the technicians are usually flummoxed by my long femoral stem and have to fiddle around with positioning to get all the hardware to show on the image). I am feeling better than I expected to be feeling, and feeling increasingly confident about my newest hip. The prosthesis is stable, and I was given the go-ahead to be as active as I want to be--with the caveat of "if it hurts, you probably shouldn't be doing it."

I haven't been visiting the forum much recently, but I hope everyone is doing well and getting on with their hippy-enhanced lives.
 
:hi:Glad to hear you are doing well.:)

9 months? Really?
Gosh...time flies when we are having fun:heehee:
Hope your weekend is sweet, Gypsy.
 
Great update with the OS :)
Thanks for sharing. Not visiting the forum most often means you're too engaged in life, our ultimate goal.
Happy things are going so well for you.
Have a great weekend!
@Gypsy
 
"if it hurts, you probably shouldn't be doing it." I need that on my office wall! Great to hear it is going so well - an inspiration to the rest of us. Have a lovely weekend!
 
Back
Top Bottom