THR Groin Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are doing so great! Hey-ho, don't you love it? My galloping recovery sometimes slows to an amble and even stops to graze from time to time, but it is speeding along right now, as is yours:egypdance:

I just did most of my Christmas shopping---lots of gift cards. Making it easy on myself this year. The holiday shopping traffic is awful, and soon we'll also be getting the holiday tourist traffic, being here near Disney and all the other attractions.
 
Hi sisssy

Yep, it recovery is a marathon some days.. you are so sensible to recognise that activity, then rest...

You have worked out your Christmas shopping.. we love to go with gift vouchers with family.. the littlies love being able to buy what they want :)
 
Poppet and Pug, I'm opting for food and entertainment this year, cards for the cinema and eateries. Something everyone can use, and easy to shop for.
 
Sounds like a plan hon :)
 
Yes I have gone with vouchers. I want to pick some small stuff up for stocking fillers. Now my grown up kids are asking me to give them some ideas for gifts for me. I like vouchers for a department store where I buy a lot of my clothes, Marks and Spencer's.

Very sleepy this evening, hope that means a good nights sleep tonight!
 
Pugfugly

How I miss Marks & Spencers.. loved the stores in the UK :)
 
We started a tradition in our house years ago. With 7 children, I always managed to buy the wrong color, size, model, etc. So, when the youngest of the kids were about 10 or so, we filled their Christmas stockings with money. Then, on the day after Christmas, we would all pile in the truck and car and head to an area outlet mall. The kids would be able to shop until their heart's content while I sipped on a hot chocolate. Hours later I would have happy children with purchases that were just what they were looking for. They were able to take advantage of the after Christmas sales and therefore get more for their money. It is a much loved tradition.

The only gifts I purchase prior to the holiday are for friends and my Secret Santa exchanges. That's enough for me. If I can't get it on Black Friday, I don't want anything to do with going out and fighting the crowds. Last year I bought $5 in lottery tickets for all the clerical workers at my school and put them in a card. My secretary won $200. She loved her gift!

Tammy
 
We have crackers on the table at Christmas containing a silly hat, novelty gift and a silly joke. I open each one and put a lottery ticket in each one and then close each one up.

As everyone will have to muck in this year I may delegate a few jobs like this.
 
I was horrified to realize that I was going to get spit back out into the world at a time when someone would happily slit either your throat or your tires for a parking space. The tiny bit I've shopped (which would be yesterday, lol) was sort of hit and run and in a deserted end of a mall. Otherwise, it's on-line shopping and most of that is done. Or I've run out of money, either one.
 
I was sitting here contemplating if there was a good time to have had my hip done. I thought it would have been great had it been in the summer, when I could have enjoyed sitting in my garden. Then I thought how frustrating that would be, seeing things that needed doing but not being able to do them. So I suppose there really isn't a 'good time' to have something like this done.
It is now 1.16 am on a really cold morning, I'm sitting in the lounge wrapped up in a blanket for warmth (the heating went off ages ago) wide awake! I fell asleep earlier in the evening because of a little trip out and now I don't feel tired. My husband fell into some kind of coma as soon as his head hit the pillow and he is doing pig impressions in his sleep. I contemplated a pillow over his darling face then realised I couldn't roll over on to that side... yet. Never mind, its not like I've got to get up for work tomorrow...I can watch him doing the ironing. :gaah:
 
PF, my hubby who has sleep apnea got a good chuckle out of the pig impressions :rotfl: Didn't have the heart to read the part about the pillow, though...
 
[Bonesmart.org] Groin Pain
 
I was horrified to realize that I was going to get spit back out into the world at a time when someone would happily slit either your throat or your tires for a parking space. The tiny bit I've shopped (which would be yesterday, lol) was sort of hit and run and in a deserted end of a mall. Otherwise, it's on-line shopping and most of that is done. Or I've run out of money, either one.

PlanetJanet have I missed something here, I have read your post over and over, but not sure what you are referring to ? Oh! Now I get it, after running it past SO.. You are referring to where you live? ... Da! Poppet's brain is not working tonight :)
 
sissy46

Learning lots of new terms from my lovely warrior girls - thanks sissy :)

Wait until I put my Aussie slang on.. last year around my surgery time, there was a lot of different chatter from all over the world.. Such fun!
 
LOL, sorry, the Christmas season, when so much as buying a gallon of milk is taking your life in your hands, due to the vicious nature of the drivers in the parking lots. Even when I'm well, I try to stay out of it as much as I can, and the notion of fighting with them when I might not be all together is just...scary!
 
We took a trip out yesterday, before the traffic became too bad. Once it builds up, you're stuck in it every which way. Finished my Christmas cards today, so a quiet day at home following a busy one yesterday. Stayed awake all day too in the hope I will sleep through tonight (hubby permitting). I am keeping a pillow close... just in case.
 
Pug, you went out the other day and purchased a kitchen knife, and then you wished to put a pillow over you SO's head, you are definetly warrior material. We might just have to hold you back though so innocents do not get hurt

PlanetJanet, have no fears of the Christmas shoppers, the BS Warriors will show you how, you are welcome to take Deadly Crutches 101 and how to run any scooter from both an offensive and defensive stand. Damn!, nerdgrrl, dede62 at Donna and Blitzen are you ready to teach?

Damn!, I am sending you my Christmas TED's, can you please fill them, tens and 20 will be fine.

Poppet, here in the states shopping malls and stores do not seem to have the good will to men thinking, but more like dog eat dog. Around here we joke that some people wish you Merry Christmas like a weapon, as their sarcasm generally means anything but wishin you good fortune
 
:goodpost: I think we need to watch Pug, what with her purchases and pillow, etc. you know? Actually, I'd like to see a photo of her feet. I mean, Pugfugly, at Bexleyheath?---I think she's a hobbit:snork:

PlanetJanet You need to consider a career with the Bonesmart (international) Warriors. Christmas shopping will be no problem.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom