Guest viewing is limited

THR Groin Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pugs, It is good to hear from you, sorry you are still having such a hard time sleeping, but you have also had to deal with alot of issues. Take it slow and steady and soon you will be feeling chippier. I still get the blue days too, last Wednesday, I wanted to cry and tear off someones head all at the same time. While the issue was irritating at work it did not warrant the reaction I had.
 
Hi guys,
I know you are all going through it too, knowing someone 'out there' understands is a great help. I found doing some Pilates helped with the stiffness and eased the hip. Did quite a bit of walking today so I am going to lie on the floor in front of the TV and do some more Pilates.
I'm sure I'll sleep eventually and luckily I'm a kept hobbit so I no longer have to work. I appreciate it must be tough for you to go back to work.
 
Yo, Hobbit! Are you sleeping better now? Is the stiffness resolving? I find a stationary bike is great for loosening up the stiffness without causing any pain. Low resistance.
Time for an update---inquiring minds, you know:SUNsmile:
 
Hiya Sissy,
Finally I am sleeping! Changed to Decaff teabags and that seems to have done the trick. I am going to keep fit once a week and enjoying that. Still walking like an orangutan without a stick though! At the end of the day I can feel the stiffness but I'm sure one day it will feel better. A small step forward, I can get my own socks on, tried every day and then one day I just did it!
How are you? Can you walk like a 'normal' person yet? :umm:
 
Yes, I am walking like a normal person, and that "start up" stiffness has finally departed. I drove two hours to go kayaking yesterday, paddled 5 hours, drove two hours back home, and getting out the car at home I realized I wasn't stiff or sore at all. It has been gradually getting better and better---so now at almost 20 weeks post-op, that one little issue I had seems to be gone. Your day will come! It will take a little longer, probably, because of the 12 years build-up, but it will come.

Great that you're sleeping well. You must be really sensitive to caffeine. I am, too; I can't have coffee after noon, or I'll be awake well after midnight.

So things are good in Bexleyheath? All the hobbits staying warm?
 
Hey, Hobbit, where have you been? walking like a 'normal' person yet?
How are things in Bexleyheath?
 
Hello Sissy46 Glad to hear you are walking normally. I still have a slight waddle like a penguin un I unless I use a stick! I don't use it unless I'm out. Keep fit is going well and I'm doing a step class once a week. It's easy to forget how far we've come, I remarked to my hubby the other day that when I get despondent I have to remind myself that it wasn't long ago that I couldn't get in and out of the shower.

So glad you're back doing all the lovely things you enjoy. The weather hear is very changeable and I'm hoping we've seen the last of the snow. I can't wait to get back to my gardening and the allotment planting.

Decaff Rules!

xxx
 
Hey Pug, so how are you doing these days? No news is hopefully good news! Hope you got that nice weather I sent your direction last week! We'd love to see your list of Can-Do's now!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom